How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

9. Solid season finale.

I look at Game of Thrones as a television series, in of itself. Just because characters are changed and everything doesn't follow the books...doesn't make it bad.

Solid stuff. Excited for season 4.

10 - The most solid episode of the season. I loves the added scene with Ygrette. If you are going to change Jon Snow's character as much as it has been changed, that was a needed resolution. I also liked Yara/Asha deciding to go for Theon. I am looking forward to the non cannon story next year.

What a horrible episode. They made it so cheesy. The exceptions are:

• Roose Bolton. This actor nails in and his presence makes every scene better as another villain (like Tywin) that you hate to love, and love to hate.
  • Tywin Lannister. Charles Dance has continually nailed Tywin, and has the exact presence of Tywin Lannister. You feel the power radiating from him.
  • Bran's story of the Rat Cook.

Everything else was just cringe-worthy, and at some points I felt like I was watching a soap opera. It hit me hard at first, when Yara gave her speech, and continued for a while after including (just off the top of my head):

• Jaime's return to King's Landing.
  • Varys and Shae.
  • Tyrion and Cersei.
  • Jaime and Cersei.
  • Tyrion when he walked in on Sansa crying.
  • Davos, Mel, and Stannis (angels on the shoulders anyone?)
  • Davos and Gendry. I hated that he is crossing from Dragonstone to King's Landing in a row boat. Bull fucking shit.
  • Dany and "Mhysa" was so cheesy. Give her a horse so she can ride past as they reach out. That closing shot was hysterical, as in I couldn't help but laugh at it.
  • ETA: Jon and Ygritte.

Arya's stabbing didn't seem anything near (what I believe this was the "equivalent" of) Crossroads Inn. One of (if not the) best Arya scenes was just butchered. I gave it a 2/10 simply because of Tywin, Roose, and Walder Frey. I was so disappointed with this episode.

Edited by 7V3N

There were a ton of book differences. I know it's tough rounding out a season roughly 60-70% into the book its adapting, but a lot of the rounding out felt contrived. I thought the "Mhysa" thing with Dany was contrived and underwhelming compared to the mid season climax in Astapor. The Ygritte/Jon scene was implausible and weighed down by the cliche'd love story. The buddy/buddy Tyrion/Sansa scene was off. The Shae/Varys scene almost gave me a heart attack. I thought for a minute they were going to walk right into the abyss with changing things. It felt like D&D were trolling book readers.

The Shea scene also nearly got me. It was stupid to add it if she didn't go. I didn't get it at all.

What a horrible episode. They made it so cheesy. The exceptions are:

• Roose Bolton. This actor nails in and his presence makes every scene better as another villain (like Tywin) that you hate to love, and love to hate.
  • Tywin Lannister. Charles Dance has continually nailed Tywin, and has the exact presence of Tywin Lannister. You feel the power radiating from him.
  • Bran's story of the Rat Cook.

Everything else was just cringe-worthy, and at some points I felt like I was watching a soap opera. It hit me hard at first, when Yara gave her speech, and continued for a while after including (just off the top of my head):

• Jaime's return to King's Landing.
  • Varys and Shae.
  • Tyrion and Cersei.
  • Jaime and Cersei.
  • Tyrion when he walked in on Sansa crying.
  • Davos, Mel, and Stannis (angels on the shoulders anyone?)
  • Davos and Gendry. I hated that he is crossing from Dragonstone to King's Landing in a row boat. Bull fucking shit.
  • Dany and "Mhysa" was so cheesy. Give her a horse so she can ride past as they reach out. That closing shot was hysterical, as in I couldn't help but laugh at it.
  • ETA: Jon and Ygritte.

Arya's stabbing didn't seem anything near (what I believe this was the "equivalent" of) Crossroads Inn. One of (if not the) best Arya scenes was just butchered. I gave it a 2/10 simply because of Tywin, Roose, and Walder Frey. I was so disappointed with this episode.

I'm laughing because this post is garbage.

Stannis is pretty much destroyed as a character my first thoughts. Has to be least closest character to his book version where stannis i books is in my top 5.

He seems pretty close to his book counterpart, in my opinion.

I'd give it an 8. Solid episode. Loved the Arya scene.

The Shea scene also nearly got me. It was stupid to add it if she didn't go. I didn't get it at all.

I believe it was intended to make Shae presume Tyrion wanted her to go, and couldn't tell her himself. Now there's a bigger rift between them? That's what I would asssuuummmeeee.

Edited by King Kev.

Hmm I gave it an 8. Just kind of bummed there's no Coldhands. Otherwise I felt it adequately tied up the loose ends after the heavy episode last week.

That scene with Jon struggling, saying "Pyp...Sam..." was so very familiar to some scene with a bunch of Hobbits..

Edited by Barristan the Boss

The episode gave hope for the future and it had a sweet ending too. Yes, a set up for Season 4. Gave it a 10. . Lots of good acting. [ spoiler ] Gendry was saved. Arya knows her future. Bran and company now know the secret of dragon glass, as does Sam. Jon is still with us. [ / spoiler ] Maybe some viewers who wanted to stop viewing the series will continue.

Edited by Apulia

He seems pretty close to his book counterpart, in my opinion.

I'd give it an 8. Solid episode. Loved the Arya scene.

In the series, he's practically subservient to the Red Witch. In the books he still has the final say. Hell, it was him who decided to head North wasn't it? Not Melissandre.

Anyway I gave it a 1/10 just because it was THAT underwhelming. The positive aspects such as Roose cannot come near to countering the amount of shit in this episode. Also, they really, REALLY missed out on an UnCat cliffhanger. I swear to god every book reader expected it.

Edited by FNF