How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I would give it an 8. I think it was fine for an episode but not quite what I would expect of a season finale. Not sure if I have to use spoilers but---

I think ending with Uncat would have been more powerful. I also would have liked to have seen Cold Hands- I am guessing he will appear in the next season.

I think all of the season finales have ended with the dragon screams. I really like the Black Gate scene as it is in the book. I would like to see more of these magical elements. Also, I am confused about Yara

I guess no Queensmoot but I hope there is a Kingsmoot.

Hmm I gave it an 8. Just kind of bummed there's no Coldhands. Otherwise I felt it adequately tied up the loose ends after the heavy episode last week.

That scene with Jon struggling, saying "Pyp...Sam..." was so very familiar to some scene with a bunch of Hobbits..

Does that make Ramsay Gollum? And Theon lost his precious.

What a horrible episode. They made it so cheesy. The exceptions are:

• Roose Bolton. This actor nails in and his presence makes every scene better as another villain (like Tywin) that you hate to love, and love to hate.
  • Tywin Lannister. Charles Dance has continually nailed Tywin, and has the exact presence of Tywin Lannister. You feel the power radiating from him.
  • Bran's story of the Rat Cook.

Everything else was just cringe-worthy, and at some points I felt like I was watching a soap opera. It hit me hard at first, when Yara gave her speech, and continued for a while after including (just off the top of my head):

• Jaime's return to King's Landing.
  • Varys and Shae.
  • Tyrion and Cersei.
  • Jaime and Cersei.
  • Tyrion when he walked in on Sansa crying.
  • Davos, Mel, and Stannis (angels on the shoulders anyone?)
  • Davos and Gendry. I hated that he is crossing from Dragonstone to King's Landing in a row boat. Bull fucking shit.
  • Dany and "Mhysa" was so cheesy. Give her a horse so she can ride past as they reach out. That closing shot was hysterical, as in I couldn't help but laugh at it.
  • ETA: Jon and Ygritte.

Arya's stabbing didn't seem anything near (what I believe this was the "equivalent" of) Crossroads Inn. One of (if not the) best Arya scenes was just butchered. I gave it a 2/10 simply because of Tywin, Roose, and Walder Frey. I was so disappointed with this episode.

ITS AN ADAPTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,dkljdflksdjflkdmvlkdn lbnvslhclsfhmlofhiefhiuhvkjxh akldvgheiobl

I thought the daenerys scene was very anticlimatic and didn't really live up to the grandeur that it had in my head when I was reading it.

I thought the Arya scene was good, but when you think about it in terms of what it was SUPPOSED to be, at the inn, and where she savagely stabs the guy while repeating the questions he asked when he had tortured people, it sucked. Why didn't she get needle back? It just looks like she felt like stabbing the guy in the back, I don't know.

No one seems to be talking about the new Sansa/Tyrion dynamic. I personally LOVED it and their walk and conversation was my favorite scene of the entire episode. Sure, it's not like the books, but that's what I liked about it. I've always wanted them to have a friendly relationship and the fact that their conversation happened there made me really happy. I wish there would've been more on her reaction to finding out her family's death rather than her having a puffy face and him walking away.

All in all, it had a good few scenes that made me gasp or smile, but in the end, I felt like it could've been a second, third, or sixth episode in terms of how epic it was. I wish there had been more. Something, anything.

You can't give this episode a 10 because last episode was a 10, if there was an option for a 9.5 you could give it that. And no, this episode wasn't on par with last episode - even when we know what episode 9 means for this series.

I saw everything I hoped to see outside of CH and the black gate. CH was prob held off to give Bran something to do in season 4 and the gate, well w/o CH it wouldn't make sense to put it in.

They showed The Young Wolf for christ sake! Who here thought they'd leave one of the most impactful moments of the RW out? Oh look, EVERYONE'S hand is up. And Bran's story forshadowing another little "moment" of revenge? Who assumed they'd leave that out? Oh look, EVERYONE's hands are still up.

This episode was damn near perfect in my eyes. That's why I gave it a 10.

Edited by Died a Hero

ITS AN ADAPTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,dkljdflksdjflkdmvlkdn lbnvslhclsfhmlofhiefhiuhvkjxh akldvgheiobl

There is good adaptation and bad adaptation. The changes they make are mostly bad. I dont mind changes that make sense. However most of the changes, especially in this episode, were horrible.

I normally would give it an 8, but I am so happy with what they did with Arya, and her being my favorite character, that I'm going to up it to a 9.

And to the person that says this kill is supposed to be the kill at the Inn.

No, you're wrong, this is the kill at Harrenhal that we never say. The Inn at the Crossroads will be Tolliver, who still has Needle and Arya needs to get it back still.

Edited by The Scabbard Of the Morning

Ygritte stone cold shooting Jon point blank three times was pretty funny. I would have shot him, too. I was rooting for her. It didn't wreck it for me, though. I like that the Greyjoy story is changing a little (Asha going to rescue Theon instead of just being in the area conquering castles). I also am curious about where they're going with Shae - I can't see how she or Tywin would ever get into bed together. I'm betting right now that won't happen.

I thought the Arya scene was good, but when you think about it in terms of what it was SUPPOSED to be, at the inn, and where she savagely stabs the guy while repeating the questions he asked when he had tortured people, it sucked. Why didn't she get needle back? It just looks like she felt like stabbing the guy in the back, I don't know.

That's going to happen next season.

8. I really enjoyed most of the scenes, but the pacing was kind of awkward. If I didn't into account the fact that the last episodes are more akin to epilogues than big finales, the score would be a little lower. It would definitely have benefited with an extra 10-15 minutes. I understand not introducing LS, but I wish they would have at least included Arya's dream.

Edited by BendTheKnee610

No one seems to be talking about the new Sansa/Tyrion dynamic. I personally LOVED it and their walk and conversation was my favorite scene of the entire episode. Sure, it's not like the books, but that's what I liked about it. I've always wanted them to have a friendly relationship and the fact that their conversation happened there made me really happy. I wish there would've been more on her reaction to finding out her family's death rather than her having a puffy face and him walking away.

The Tyrion of the books would never have this dynamic. I guess it matches the Tyrion of Season 2/Season 3 on the show. Im just sad that my favorite fictional character of all time has been changed.

4!!! why 4?

Because Samwell met jon's brother A CRIPPLE, and a young boy and young teenage girl and a large mentally challenged man

So huge massacre of fist that killed hundreds of brothers?

Ah the cripple, little girl, ten year old boy and retard will be fine

Sam "Hey there stuff that'll murder you up there"

Bran "I have to go"

Sam "alright. Peace buddy"

Edited by Ser Iscariot Oathbreaker

I was also upset about the lack of a certain epilogue-dwelling river denizen in the final scene, BUT the Ramsay reveal was great, so??? I feel pretty torn on this one, gave it a 5. Finally we got the Reek (though if we don't start seeing the rhyming I'll be quite sad) that I've been awaiting all season long!!

I was expecting more emphasis on the fallout of the RW, but I suppose in the interest of story, they felt the need to condense that. I'm certain there are deleted scenes that exist for it, and I'm equally sure we lost such scenes to include gems such as...Theon's sausage, or the rather unnecessary Varys-Shae conversation. The Dany-scene was almost too deliberately feel-good (and I kept thinking, "Meesa Jar-Jar Binks", which is almost never a good sign).

Show!Arya continues to be just as unstable as Book!Arya, so I suppose that's something. I can't be the only one uncomfortable with the eleven(?) year-old running around stabbing things.

All in all, a meh episode, undeserving of its status as a season finale...basically, jam-packing as many characters in as possible with unnecessarily long sequences for some groups (Jon & Ygritte, Bran-Jojen-Meera, Sam-Gilly-and the apparently named Sam Jr) and neglecting others (Jaime & Brienne, for example).

The first third was good, but everything else was paced terribly (rushed/drawn out).

On top of that a fairly anticlimactic ending. Why not finish with the Purple Wedding, or the raid on Castle Black, or Lady Stoneheart, or anything really? Why the rehash of the ending of episode 4? Why isn't Balon Greyjoy dead yet? That literally would've been a two minute scene. Instead we get Theon's junk in a box and not-Asha going on an adventure. I realize that the show probably wanted to go out on a high note, but it was a scene that just dragged on. Where the last two seasons had me excited at end, all this finale did is make me annoyed that the next season is a whole year away.

Edited by Turinsbane

The Tyrion of the books would never have this dynamic. I guess it matches the Tyrion of Season 2/Season 3 on the show. Im just sad that my favorite fictional character of all time has been changed.

Actually I think he would. I think the Sansa of the books would never have this dynamic. If you recall, Tyrion always tries reaching out to Sansa and he tries talking to her and getting through to her multiple times. To me, what just happened in this episode is probably a tad bit more like what Tyrion in the book would have wanted their dynamic to be like.

this was a terrible episode....Jaime doesn't make kings landing until after Joffs wedding....Sam doesn't make it to the wall until after the wildling attack....and Asha doesn't go to attack the dreadfort.....complete and utter suckdom

It's going to be strange now if they don't have Joff's wedding as the first episode now that Jamie and Brienne are in KL with Sansa still there.