How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

The actress had a 3 season deal, she spoke in detail about her feelings leaving the series.

The time for the audience to feel the most emotional impact from LS is now, when the RW is fresh in their minds. Next year, it will be pointless because she doesn't actually do anything or relate to anyone else's storyline and all the rest of the story moves away from anything to do with revenge for the RW until the last book.

Dude, Season 4 would be great for Unsullied fans.

Tywin and Joffrey dying, with Cat coming back.

Much better than just having Cat come back this episode.

JEESUZZZZ

Stoneheart appears in the epilogue of the book, what the hell? That's freaking atleast 400 pages after Cat's death, of course they won't freaking put Stoneheart an EPISODE after Cat's death, the continuity in that does NOT MAKE SENSE.

The book worms are hilarious these days.

This season is still the first half of the book. There is no correct continuity not so ever to see her dead in one episode, and oofty doofty she's alive the next. Let the death sink in, jesus. This episode is setting up the next season, let it be.

It's not about the bloody continuity.

If George RR Martin had ended a book with the RW and Grey Wind's head being sewn onto Robb's body you can be damned sure I would not have picked up A Feast for Crows. A lot of people did not even finish A Storm of Swords until they heard about Stoneheart and the PW.

Lots of lows, yet the episode was redeemed by all of the Davos scenes and Dany. Gave it a 7.

We needed the Lanister reaction to the RW, and it was nice to see the friction between Tywin and Joffrey, but I could have done without the Tywin/Tyrion one on one. Didn't like Roose's portrayal in the episode, but it was nice how they finally revealed Ramsay (all season went by, but D&D cleverly waited until after Roose is established as a villain). I think we can put to rest any doubts about Theon's junk. Was disappointed they didn't off Balon. And I'm not sure what D&D are planning with Asha.

We were forcefed two scenes that were completely unnecessary. Jon could have (should have) been shot with an arrow last episode. Instead we had to have a ...ahem.... "heartbreaking" with Ygritte.

And what was the deal with Varys and Shae?

Those minutes could have gone to other storylines. The chapter in the book where Bran was in the nightfort was one of my favorite chapters in SoS because it was just spooky. But the horror aspect of that scene was lost in the episode. Ps, Bran's acting was terrible this episode.

The highs:

Nice to see Arya dropping the coin.

They absolutely nailed the Davos scenes! Perfect adaptation!!! Not a fan at all of the way they are portraying Stannis, but at least D&D are kicking butt when it comes to Davos.

And the Dany ending almost brought a tear to my eyes. And this is coming from someone who doesn't care very much for her.

I screamed "NOOOO" when the credits went up. Was sooooooo hoping Uncat would make her appearance. Oh well......

I am quite suprised reading some of the "it was different in the books" comments. Though I have myself been lamenting on the fact that the show only has 10 episodes per season, which results in a simplification and generalisation of the novels compexity and depth, but the changes to the timeline done in this episode were absolutely harmless.

Most of the changes made here, were done to the timeline (which were necessary) that had absolutely no effect on the quality of the story. I am actually happy that they haven't forcefully crammed in some of the more flashy elments from the Storm of Swords (Lady Stoneheart for example) just to get a rousing finale. The show rushes and crammes things in enough as it is. This time we got a simple but enjyable episode, and with the way the are dividing the book into two seasons, it seems that finally after 3 years, the show may enter the stage, where things are slower but more in-depth like they are in the books.

Edited by Knight of Dubious Honor

It's not about the bloody continuity.

If George RR Martin had ended a book with the RW and Grey Wind's head being sewn onto Robb's body you can be damned sure I would not have picked up A Feast for Crows. A lot of people did not even finish A Storm of Swords until they heard about Stoneheart and the PW.

And they also had to wait a huge load for book 4.

Face it, you can only fit so much with huge source material.

The good stuff was very good - Roose, Walder Frey, Davos (not Stannis), but the bad stuff was horrendous - Dany's scene was a total embarrassment. One of the worst in the series to me, especially considering that it's a season finale.

Edited by atia-

8, Arya totally saved it for me though I understand that it's just a tie in/aftermath of things setting up for next season. Can't wait for the Martells!

I'm sad because of Coldhands. Didn't understood the necessity of the Greyjoys scene, shouldn't it have been a funeral? Why cast two important actors this season just for that futile scene?

Ygritte was pretty nasty :s

8/10. Lack of Lady Stoneheart was a huge letdown. Also, not a lot of scenes worthy of a season finale.

They probably did not reveal Stoneheart this season due to Michelle Fairley's contract. If she did appear, Michelle's name will have to appear in the opening credits, which will give it away somewhat.

I still anticipate them to reveal Stoneheart at some point. Probably in S4E1, end scene. Michelle Fairley can be credited as a Special Guest Star or something, so her name would not appear in the opening credits.

8/10. Lack of Lady Stoneheart was a huge letdown. Also, not a lot of scenes worthy of a season finale.

They probably did not reveal Stoneheart this season due to Michelle Fairley's contract. If she did appear, Michelle's name will have to appear in the opening credits, which will give it away somewhat.

I still anticipate them to reveal Stoneheart at some point. Probably in S4E1, end scene. Michelle Fairley can be credited as a Special Guest Star or something, so her name would not appear in the opening credits.

They don't NEED to credit an actor in the opening credits just because they appear in the episode. There are plenty of movies/shows that don't credit a special guest for the very reason that they don't want to spoil the surprise.

The actress had a 3 season deal, she spoke in detail about her feelings leaving the series.

The time for the audience to feel the most emotional impact from LS is now, when the RW is fresh in their minds. Next year, it will be pointless because she doesn't actually do anything or relate to anyone else's storyline and all the rest of the story moves away from anything to do with revenge for the RW until the last book.

While I agree about the emotional impact, I recall that upon reading the scene, I was quite confused as to what actually happened--my mind had been completely on the PW and its fallout, as opposed to the RW and any feelings of vengeance there. So that won't be changed, in truth.

When it comes to the actress...I think the fact that it's so blatant that she's leaving can mean one of two things.

1. She will return as a guest star for the LSH scenes, as they are few and far between.

or

2. LSH will not necessarily be played by Michelle.

2 is entirely plausible, imo, though D&D seems to loathe shelling out funds for CGI that isn't dragon-related.

The negatives:

The ending was campy. No supernatural/fantasy/cliffhanger (LS would have been epic).

No LS!

No CH! (hopefully CH and LS in Season 4)

No magical talking Blackgate!

No Baelish, lunatic Lysa, annoying Robyn and the Vale - what happened? I thought they were going to be appear in an episode this season?

Robb's mutilation - it was absolutely necessary but very horrifying to see, moreso than the last week's RW (which I thought was much tamer than ASOS's RW, ie Dacey getting decapitated). Fucking Frey cunts!

Stannis is written as too evil now, or at least in this ep. In the books you can't help but root for him.

The Jon and Ygritte scene wasn't that bad. Just their lines were. Writing fail.

No dumping Cat's naked body in the river to disrespect the Tully funeral customs. Not a huge deal though, I guess.

Ram is a bit of a Goof and is more of an angry evil Hobbit than the Sociopathic monster we have come to know and love.

Couldn't agree more. Iwan Rheon isn't horrible, but rather just meh and underwhelming. Book Ramsay is a total menacing sadistic psycho loon freak. Rheon just comes across as a spolied sadistic brat or hobbit lol who deserves a serious beatdown and impaling. What doesn't work (for me anyways) is that Alfie Allen is physically larger and appears much stronger than Iwan Rheon, and even if you were strung up for days without food and water etc, you'd figure that with those big ass arms, he'd be able to overpower scrawny Rheon. (And just how are they going to make Allen look like he's lost loads of weight, like a decrepit old man etc? Not sure they can pull off that much CGI et al).

The positives:

Jaime returning early to King's Landing is very WTF but Nikolaj kills every scene he's in now. Season 4/AFFC Jaime is so goddamn amazing.

Tyrion/Tywin and slapping down Joffrey. Splendid. Charles Dance rules.

Roose and Walder. Walder is repulsive but the actor nails it.

"The Blackfish escaped!" :D I love it how Roose looked very concerned - more evidence of his legendary badass epicness. Fucking love the Blackfish.

Arya getting some revenge. As previously suggested, this made up for her Harrenhal killing and hopefully we'll get her epic killing in Season 4.

Bran, the Reeds, and more SUMMER! :D

Love the new storyline for Asha. Gives her and Ramsay something to do next season. Would be pretty cool if Asha and the Ironborn infiltrate and raise some hell in the Dreadfort in Season 4 (but not expecting a Theon rescue).

No Tyrells and their general douchiness! :D (not that I don't enjoy the Queen of Thorns and the Knight of Flowers, but their scenes in King's Landing this season have been soooo meh and boring, especially Margary's).

Sam, Pyp, Maester Luwin, Jon returning to Castle Black.

Stannis deciding to go to the Wall to defend the realm and HBO spelling it out for the non book readers that the real war with the White Walkers is coming.

Now we have to wait ten months. :bang:

Edited by Stone Cold Bastard

10 but 9.5 in truth.

Theon arc was amazing all season and didnt disappoint tonight, got chills when Ramsay said "reek"

Opening scene with roose looking over the slaughter and robb with his new head!!! didnt think they would do that

Shae sucked as usual

Killer arya was great

Best quote: "its not easy to be drunk all the time" - Tyrion

Looks like the Iron Islands are finally gearing up for some action in the 4th season

Very underwhelming finale. Dany's final scene was so dumb. Should have outed Jorah, would have been a better end. Also, the beginning of that scene felt really awkward to me when they are all standing on that rock. They looked like they were posing for a magazine.

Shit yeah, the Blackfish escaped, Roose! And this won't be his only time escaping!

I gave this ep an 8. If it were an ordinary ep, I would have given it a 9. But for a season finale, this was kind of lacking.

And might I say, for a billionth time on here, how much I love the actor for Roose's voice?