How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave it an 8.

I could have rated it a lot lower but I'm not blaming the producers for not including an scene I wanted so badly (LS).

Though shame on them for not EVEN introducing Coldhands, right now I feel they could just butcher everything and leave Coldhands out, leave Lady Stoneheart out and turn this into a mexican tv soap (I know I'm exaggarating, I'm just a little pissed right now).

I gave it a 6. Really underwhelming overall (for a finale especially! Granted, Episodes 8 & 9 would be pretty hard to top), but I liked Arya/Hound, Gendry/Davos, and Maester Aemon. Jesus Targaryen was just...yeah. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nox Irradiata

7/10 I don't like how Arya's stabbing was abrupt, I kinda wish it was the Tickler she was stabbing so should could have said what she said to him in the book. :D ..

Also the last part with Dany wasnt epic enough like I thought it would be in the trailer, even though I was close to tears.

Stand out scenes:

- The opening at the Twins

- Arya and The Hound killing Frey soldiers

- Roose and Walder' conversation

- The Nightfort and Bran's departure

- Castle Black scenes

- Jaime's return to King's Landing

The ending was stupid. With all that's going on in Westeros I don't give a damn about Daenerys right now. Terrible way to end the finale.

Love that it clocked in at 62 minutes- though the titular scene with Dany was dreck. Her story which had been great all season, took a nose-dive in episodes 9 & 10. Why not omit her from 9 altogether, then get the whole Yunkai deal out of the way earlier in 10? Seriously, you think this is who we care about at this point? Loved Sam, Aemon, Davos, Arya, Jon & Ygritte, The Lannisters in the Small Council. Seriously great until taking a dump for the final scene. Aargh!

I dont understand why people are upset about no Lady Stoneheart,she got introduced in the epilogue of the 3rd book......

This episode is a 1,for me.....The only part I liked was Arya's part other than that I found everything so boring but,the ending is the part I really didnt like.....really...It really came off as a "white savior complex" and I dont like it at all...The director could of kept that part out or changed it....What made HBO to co-sign that part is beyond me....

Even,if that scene was out,the episode was garbage......

Im like one of the few people who can't stand Daenarys storyline......

No you pretty much hit the nail on the head in regards to the final scene, however as you can probably tell I'm a huge Dany fan.

I'd suggest a re-watch sometime.. there were some parts of the episode that really dragged it but there were also some really well done scenes so I feel like my initial rating of a 6 was a bit harsh.

In reality my expectations got the best of me (Lady Stoneheart) - a few weeks ago I really didn't have high expectations for this episode since it directly followed 'Rains' and I knew that would be hard to follow up - in the end I was right and I just take it at face value and tried to just enjoy the story lines.

They could certainly do a revival early next season since in reality only about 3 weeks will have passed in Westeros time between now and S4E1 but I kind of doubt that will be the case - the only reason I wanted it is because with TV it's just kind of hard to fill the holes as to how and why Catelyn is somehow alive without delving into and relying on really cheesy dialogue but I suppose that's what they'll do - hoping for the best though..

Disappointed naturally in the ending. Was expecting something very climatic and it didn't happen. Probably because Feast of Crows needs something juicy to spice it up a little. Had to do a reread to enjoy the book.

Did really like the acting with Tyrion,Cersei and Tywin. Very strong pieces right there.

Thoughts Sam's scenes with Bran and then with Aemon were done well.

The continuation of the Red Wedding was an added bonus. (All Freys must die btw.)

I give it a 3. Stannis is ruined. Sentencing Davos to death? Shouting? Really? Ugh. I kept expecting Stoneheart at the end; it would have helped the horribly underwhelming and quite frankly stupid "Mhysa" finale. No Eyrie, we didn't get to see Sansa's actual reaction to her family destruction, the TalisaWind rumour was false (just kidding, I'm glad it was)... at least Jon got turned into a pincushion by Ygritte. I kept hoping they'd change the story so he'd die. Shireen was adorable as usual and Davos was amazing. Overall, that episode was so bad that I'm going to watch the Red Wedding again to make myself feel better. I don't even get the feeling of dread I should be feeling when the realm is apparently going to be faced by a "white walker" invasion. Just... no. Here's to hoping they do better next time!

Edited by Lehnaru

Really excited about the Arya scene. Best scene in this episode, followed by the scenes with Roose - although I find book's Roose much more horrible. I'm fine with Ramsay's actor. I don't really enjoy reading Dany's storyline in the book - too many places, too many sellswords companies, too many crazy stuff (I'm doing a third read of book 5 and I skip almost all stuff from these chapters except for Barristan's stories)!

What I really disliked and which does not make much sense to me: why keep out Coldhands and why is Jaime back to King's Landing already and it seems like Cersei is happy to see him back? About Coldhands, I don't get why they keep such stuff out but introduce extra stuff that's complete crap.

Gave it a 7 though - thanks to Arya and Roose.

Before the last, scene which utterly horrible to the point of laughter, I would have rated the episode an 8. Aside from only bringing 50 men to the Dreadfort (I had to rewind to see if I heard correctly) , Sam just letting Bran &Co go through the NOT magic gate with no real explanation as to why Bran must go, Shae's terrible acting and the poorly done return of Jaime I enjoyed it very much.

But that ending was a deal breaker in and of itself. Add to that no cliffhanger, no nothing, so I give it a 6.

The lack of Jaime in this episode almost made me flip a table. I've been waiting all season for him to get to King's Landing! A few seconds isn't enough. Now I have to wait a whole year... still, unlike most people here I absolutely loved the episode and put it way ahead of last week.

As good as The Red Wedding was, it just didn't have the tension and emotional impact the books had. No bannermen meant nobody actually cared about the random Northern extras getting stabbed, Arya and Catelyn's lack of emotion and Robb's final word being "mother" all bothered me. Not to mention the awkward stabbing from Roose.

In this episode they managed to put the coin scene in, had an awesome small council meeting and Kit actually had to act. Seeing Grey Wind and Robb like that actually bothered me too. I made strange noise that was somewhere between NO and a gasp.

Maybe Dany would make me give the episode a lower score, but pretending she doesn't exist is a much better alternative.

8/10

8/10

The only major letdown was that I thought we would get to see the Wildlings attack Castle Black this season. And wtf? Ygritte just shows up out of nowhere and shoots him a couple of times. That's one scene where they swayed from the book unnecessarily, that scene should've been included into last episodes scene.

9.5/10 if that rating was applicable. Otherwise a 9. This was surprisingly well-written, although it felt a bit rushed like GOT season finales generally are. I loved the birth of Reek, but categorising Stannis as a villain and not properly showing his inner conflict really irked me. It didn't affect my rating though, but it's something I really didn't like.

Edited by Pinkie Baelish