How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

You know, Stannis was going to personally execute Davos before he read the letter to him. That's from the book. That said, yeah, his, "I've already made my decision" was... kind of an odd way to characterize him as someone who's very unimaginative and unwilling to change his mind on something.

This was at best a 7 for me -- some really forced exposition, some very odd characterization choices (seeing Theon's manhood in a box sure seemed to change Yara's opinion of him massively; maybe it really is as big as everyone claims :P), and Yunkai was confusingly lacking at least a scene to better explain what was going on. Plus, the bane of the show, trying to service every single story line at the end. Why? Wrap some up in 8 -- even in 7 -- and give the story room to breath. We don't need to see characters at least every other episode. Sometimes we can go longer with more. Also I think the whole Ramsay reveal was .... underwhelming at best. I mean, "Oh, yeah, that's pretty treasonous of them! Torturing Theon, yeah, no wonder we had to wait all season to find out who he is!" You'd have to remember way back to the start of the season to recall that Roose's huge treason was... not telling the truth to Robb regarding Theon's whereabouts. If only we had known, we might have realized he was a traitor, instead of just... I don't know... torturing the hell out of Theon because that's his view of justice and he knew Robb wouldn't agree.

Or something. Yeah, I think they made a miscalculation on the value of that "reveal".

Edited by Ran

Before the last, scene which utterly horrible to the point of laughter, I would have rated the episode an 8. Aside from only bringing 50 men to the Dreadfort (I had to rewind to see if I heard correctly) , Sam just letting Bran &Co go through the NOT magic gate with no real explanation as to why Bran must go, Shae's terrible acting and the poorly done return of Jaime I enjoyed it very much.

But that ending was a deal breaker in and of itself. Add to that no cliffhanger, no nothing, so I give it a 6.

50 men taking Dreadfort may not sound all that realistic, but given the amount of men Theon captured Winterfell with it's not surprising that Yara finds it to be a possibility, however she'll be pretty regretful when she finds out the war is over and the Leech Lord has returned home with all his men from Harrenhal. However Balon dying may delay her trip - not really sure where they're going with this storyline but I am intrigued by it.

I thought the pacing was great. My fave scene was, of course, Arya and the Hound. Looking forward to their scenes next season. I did not expect as much as other fans. You just can't top the RW. Shae and that scene with Varys did bug me. Dany is the mother of dragons and conquering cites and winning people over. I had no probs with her scene and thought it was appropriate.

Ramsay Snow/Theon scene... Reek is born! Ygritte shooting Jon, "You know nothing..." nice! Davos kicked butt. So many events are set into motion for next season. I already can't wait.

Oh my god, what a fucking horrible episode! I can't believe they wrapped up the season with this shit!

5/10

Lol, I'll make sure to tell the producers to add in unnecessary violence and bloodshed just for your enjoyment next season.

The ending isn't as great as the hatching of the dragons in season 1 and the marching of the White Walkers in season 2, but I can live with that. I know I should hate Tywin Lannister but I love how he can overpower the young lion king. Lots of tears for the KitN, and more rant for Roose and Old Frey. Jon Snow doesn't know how to break up with a Wildling gurl - not nice to be shot by hate arrows (wishing it's cupid's love arrows but not gonna happen in this not-your-disney kind of love story). The Hound should be wary of the little she-wolf ---> she's angry as fiery hell; thankfully that can't burn him. Papa Squid has no love with the newborn Reek, but glad warrior sister is on her way to save her unfortunate little brother. Go, big sister! Go! Stannis is bewitched by the Red Priestess but glad that the Onion Knight remains firegodproof. Am glad also that yours truly is Tyrionproof - the show can't brainwashed this one no matter how hard they try to make him look oh-so good. Overall, me liking this episode. Not the best, not the worst. I'm giving it a 9/10.

8/10, thought it was a good episode. It was the fairly standard, sorta slowish GoT "winding down from Shit Getting Real in ep.9 and promising things to come" season finale.

Tywin and Joffrey were probably the highlight for me? Yara was right up there too.

edit:

very vague spoilers below

Since this is technically a no-spoiler thread I won't go into specifics but I will say that the non-appearance of two certain acronyms, i.e. LS and CH, didn't disappoint me as much as others apparently and I wan't really expecting them (particularly LS) yet for the sake of pacing.

Edited by Hunt

Lol, I'll make sure to tell the producers to add in unnecessary violence and bloodshed just for your enjoyment next season.

It's not the bloodshed, it's the sheer corniness, the horrible pacing and the jumping from one scene to the other. The Lannister fraternal love, the Greyjoys and their dick in a box, Ygritte "I'll leave you guys alone while I go look for my traitor boyfriend" and Jesus H. Targaryen. I fucking HATED this episode. With a passion. Enough to make me not watch it anymore, I'll rather re-read the novels, they have way better writing.

According to the forum, this episode is just a bit better than season 2 as a whole -- 7.95 average rating for season 2, presently an 8.09 rating for season 3. Season 1 had an average rating of 8.5

With 354 votes in, this episode is rating 7.18, the second lowest of the season, and third lowest of the series. It's also the lowest-rated finale episode.

It's not the bloodshed, it's the sheer corniness, the horrible pacing and the jumping from one scene to the other. The Lannister fraternal love, the Greyjoys and their dick in a box, Ygritte "I'll leave you guys alone while I go look for my traitor boyfriend" and Jesus H. Targaryen. I fucking HATED this episode. With a passion. Enough to make me not watch it anymore, I'll rather re-read the novels, they have way better writing.

Wow, the way you talk it's like you consider this the worst of the series?

Even worse than that one episode that showed Pod and whores and his sex skills?

This whole season was VERY weak. Only 3 or 4 episodes really relevant

50 men taking Dreadfort may not sound all that realistic, but given the amount of men Theon captured Winterfell with it's not surprising that Yara finds it to be a possibility, however she'll be pretty regretful when she finds out the war is over and the Leech Lord has returned home with all his men from Harrenhal. However Balon dying may delay her trip - not really sure where they're going with this storyline but I am intrigued by it.

You are probably right, it's just that it sounded silly to me. Maybe if she had said 100 men it would have sounded more realistic. I am not sure where they are going to go with the Ironborn storyline, either, but I am also looking forward to it.

I want to add that I don't think most of my issues with this episode stem from having overly high expectations as a book reader. Parts of it were just not logical (letting Bran go North w/no explanation, for example) and some of the scenes seemed poorly done. My Unsullied family who watched with me were confused about some of these same things as well as completely underwhelmed with the ending. That being said there were more great than bad overall. I wish I had just turned it off before the Mhysa scene as that is what spoiled it for me. Total letdown.

You are probably right, it's just that it sounded silly to me. Maybe if she had said 100 men it would have sounded more realistic. I am not sure where they are going to go with the Ironborn storyline, either, but I am also looking forward to it.

I want to add that I don't think most of my issues with this episode stem from having overly high expectations as a book reader. Parts of it were just not logical (letting Bran go North w/no explanation, for example) and some of the scenes seemed poorly done. My Unsullied family who watched with me were confused about some of these same things as well as completely underwhelmed with the ending. That being said there were more great than bad overall. I wish I had just turned it off before the Mhysa scene as that is what spoiled it for me. Total letdown.

Dany scene and Tyrion/Cersei BFF talk was what turned this episode from 8 to 5 for me

Can they stop with this whitewash of Tyrion and Cersei's relationship? They hate each other alright.

How was this exactly a bad episode? Sure, it could have been better as a season finale, but it didn't do much wrong, and wrapped up everyone's arcs just fine.

Jaime: reaches KL, which was his goal this season. It didn't happen this early in the books, but they can't seriously have NCW offscreenf

Tyrion: learns about the RW

Sansa: learns about the RW(although I would have liked to see her get a letter telling her about an escape plan)

Davos: frees Gendry, learns about the threat beyond the Wall

Arya: witnesses Robbwind, stabs a Frey soldier savagely. They can't have the Inn at the Crossroads incident now, because it's too early

Sam: reaches the Nightfort and meets Bran

Bran: goes beyond the Wall

Jon: flees from Ygritte, setting up the conflict for next season.

I really don't see what the problem is. Anyone that seriously considers this a bad episode is off their rocker. The only gripes in terms of plot development is not showing Catelyn's resurrection(which would have made for a PERFECT season finale) and Yara's new quest to save Theon. As for the complaints that it didn't feel complete, no shit, it's because they're adapting HALF A BOOK.

I gave it a 6, and feel like even that's too generous. A lot of the scenes simply felt flat and forced. And what a missed opportunity not ending on Cat's resurrection.

I'll need to rewatch it again to see if I missed anything but that was easily the weakest finale yet -- and one of the weakest episodes of the season to boot.

they just ruined it. putting so many dozen of events in one episode ruined it. last scene of dany was not heart touching. it just didnt feel like it happened after the war. maester aemon and samwell scene culd have been much better. jon and ygritte scene was not that much sad and emotional. stannis and davos scene about white walkers was totally ruined. unnecessary scenes were tyrion sansa in the garden , tyrion cersei and varys cersei. they shuld have showed more about jamie entering Kings landing and his reaction. sorry to say but editor just failed to organise this all dozen of things in proper order and was no good transition from scene to scene. they shuld have added another 30 minutes to this show to go more smooth rathen than hurrying and diluting the after consequences of red wedding.

i only laughed one time and that is when hodor was hodoring looking into the well.

all tywin scenes in this series were outstanding and consistent and worth emmy.

Excellent episode. Lands at a 9/10 for me due to lack of UnCat. The dialogue scenes were relevant and sharp throughout, and really well shot. Davos owned this episode, selling the crucial, quiet Dragonstone moments with a powerful performance. Ending on Mhysa will be suitably ironic for when everything in Yunkai and Astapor (to quote Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad) "is GONE, turned to SH*T!" What really made this episode stand out for me was the wonderful choice of giving solid screentime to the Boltons. Roose and Walder's post-game wrapup while the Stark blood was literally being mopped up was delightful. I literally was giggling and cheering as Roose and Ramsay delivered their lines. Deeply satisfied. And ultimately, pushing UnCat to s4 is good, since my #1 concern at this point is stretching this show out. Nothing matters more to me than getting ADOS published before/during/at-worst-right-after the final season.