How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I give it an 8. I liked most of it, though it was pretty slow moving for a season finale, though like the season one finale a lot of this was set up for the next season. Still, it was miles better than last season's godawful finale, and almost on par with season one. It was missing a big moment, and I think this is due to splitting ASOS in two; unless they ended the season with the Red Wedding, it would be tough to pick a good point to wrap everything up.

Liked

--Bolton and Frey. Liked this conversation and both actors, especially Roose. Not sure if Walder will ever show up again.

--Tyrion and Tywin. Good scene with mostly lines from the book.

--Bran. I'm not a huge fan of Bran's storylines, even in the book, but I like that he was given a pretty good amount of screen time here. Liked that they included the Rat Cook story.

--Davos and Gendry. Cunningham is perfect as Davos, and I enjoyed his interactions with Gendry. This storyline went much better than I thought it would when I first heard Gendry would be going to Dragonstone.

Did not care for

--Stannis. Don't really care for how they're dealing with him. In teh books he's much more conflicted regarding Edric, even threatening Melisandre over it. Here, he's just a prick; I don't think the writers understand Stannis.

--Dany's last scene. Seemed corny, and a not a great way to end the season.

Overall, solid episode and a solid season. Season 3 is close to as good as season one, and definitely better than last season. It didn't have an episode that topped Blackwater, but a few came close, and there wasn't a terrible episode all season long, whereas season 2 had at least three absolute stinkers.

Still, one thing I'm not sure of, is why they got Ciaran Hinds as Mance Rayder and barely used him. He only appeared in I think 3 or 4 episodes this season, and barely had any lines. Mance doesn't appear that much in ASOS either, but he his interactions with Jon in the book were much longer. I thought the short meeting between Jon and Mance in the opener meant they were going to stretch out the longer book meeting over several epiosdes, but this never happened. Just felt kinda weird how much they underutilized a good actor in Hinds, especially for Mance, a character that was consistently mentioned by name in the previous two seasons.

I gave it a 7, wasn't horrible but wasn't really that great either.

Equal to last weeks episode, I guess I came into the final two episodes with really high expectations and was just let down by the quality of the writing.

Hopefully D&D can improve their writing skills if the show passes the book, because if they can't, I don't think the show will be worth watching.

Wow, the way you talk it's like you consider this the worst of the series?

Even worse than that one episode that showed Pod and whores and his sex skills?

This whole season was VERY weak. Only 3 or 4 episodes really relevant

The one with Podrick and the whores was horrible, but at least it wasn't the last in the season, and I absolutely agree, this is the weakest season.

I have been thinking about re reading the novels and stop watching the series since episode 6.

I really don't see what the problem is. Anyone that seriously considers this a bad episode is off their rocker. The only gripes in terms of plot development is not showing Catelyn's resurrection(which would have made for a PERFECT season finale) and Yara's new quest to save Theon. As for the complaints that it didn't feel complete, no shit, it's because they're adapting HALF A BOOK.

About this... it might be half a book, but it's still a complete season. If they are going to differ so much from the original material they should deliver with a complete product.

I think that technically this episode was poor in places. What on earth was going on with the lighting of that final Dragonstone scene, that was just atrocious! It was as though Nutter had paid no attention to how that set had been lit previously - lots of cold, grey daylight. One of the things I loved about the show was the lighting of the various locations, so I really picked up on this.

Overal I voted a 9/10 for this episode. Liam Cunningham was great as Davos. The Dragonstone scenes were a real highlight for me. Loved Arya and the Freys.

I also liked the Dany scene at the end, while cheesy, there was some fantastic acting.

I would have liked something supernatural at the end of the episode, but then I am a stickler for a pattern.

According to the forum, this episode is just a bit better than season 2 as a whole -- 7.95 average rating for season 2, presently an 8.09 rating for season 3. Season 1 had an average rating of 8.5

With 354 votes in, this episode is rating 7.18, the second lowest of the season, and third lowest of the series. It's also the lowest-rated finale episode.

Just wondering if you noticed the blatant switch to Brans story in the finale. When did Bran start off to stop the Others and what clue did he get that he thinks he is the only one who can do it? Plus without Coldhands how does what Sam does make any sense. "Oh you guys are the saviors, was wondering when you would get here, ok then let me lead you to your deat... mission incursion point." " I don't know you but your a crippled boy two adolesents and a simpleton, have fun defeating the Others after all you have a Obsidian dagger now." "Off for some venison stew. Hey! My fellow watch men, don't worry it's all going to be ok, I sent some kids off into the wilderness to defeat the Others, lets all call it a day and relax, extra dessert for everyone." "Oh Jon's back, triple puddings everyone."

Gave it a 9. I really enjoyed this finale. The scenes that stuck out to me were, Asha's (Yara's) speech about saving her brother, Arya and the Hound being badass, and the final Dany scene. IMO, the Dany (Mysha) scene was much more powerful than the season 2 ending of Sam hiding behind a rock.

People complaining about LS and Coldhands...

I am glad they did not introduce Lady Stoneheart yet, I think they will let the death of Cat sink in.

As for Coldhands, It would be weird for non-book readers to introduce a new character at the end of the Season. My guess, Bran will be trapped by some White Walkers and Coldhands will save him. It will be like switching Sam with Bran.

My biggest problem was the odd music at the end with Dany. Them holding her up was ehh, but the music they played with it was cheesy.

8/10 for the cheesy ending and it didn't really give a cliffhanger like the previous two seasons.

Edited by Spilly

5...meh.

Loved the Ayra kill and The Hound's reaction.

TBH, I never really dug the whole LS storyline, so I'm not dissapointed in her being MIA. If she shows next season, great. If not, no biggie. Same with Coldhands. A cool character but not a must have to the story.

Not down with the Asha/Yara change. Let it go already.

Davos was awesome, loved seeing RobbWind. KL scenes were meh....

About this... it might be half a book, but it's still a complete season. If they are going to differ so much from the original material they should deliver with a complete product.

Except they pretty much did everything they could do to try and make it a complete season. The only way the ASOS arcs would feel truly complete is if they used the actual endings from the books, which they obviously can't for season 3.

. Also, they really, REALLY missed out on an UnCat cliffhanger. I swear to god every book reader expected it.

And you would be wrong.

In any event, I enjoyed this episode and gave it a 10. As for those who disliked this episode, I can only say that I don't know you and with any luck, never will.

Except they pretty much did everything they could do to try and make it a complete season. The only way the ASOS arcs would feel truly complete is if they used the actual endings from the books, which they obviously can't for season 3.

Then it's not a complete season! If it feels incomplete or rushed it's not well done! That's exactly my point!

I don't get why people expected to see LS. She appears at the end of Book 3 AKA Season 4.

Anyway, the way I see it:

The Good:

- Roose + Walder scenes

- Arya's kill (Not as good as in the books, but it was enjoyable nonetheless)

- Davos (every scene with that man is great)

- Council Meeting

The Not-So Good:

- They really douched-up Stannis. There's no chemistry between him and Davos like there is in the books. They kinda dumbed down the character.

- No Coldhands. A shame.

- No Black Gate. Furthermore, it looks like there wont be a Black Gate at all. Looks like they're just gonna exit the tunnel and be on the other side of the wall. This part in the books was a really interesting (and somewhat WTF) moment.

- The Shae scene. They're trying to make her likable and relatable.

Everything else was okay; not great, not terrible.

Overall, 7/10.

Let's not mix Stoneheart being brought back with Stoneheart doing something. We - or me, at least - didn't want the scene of the book, only the knowledge that she has been resurrected and people thinking she was going to be Cat again, the shock would come next season when they discover that, although she's getting her revenge, Cat is really really gone. But again, that's what I wanted.

8. This is the first season I watched after reading the books and, like many other readers, I think the books surpass the TV show. I think this is why I like Season 1 & 2 more. Season 3 was a bit of a disappointment. I still give this episode an overall good rating, and I'm still a fan of the show, but this season went by too quickly and it seemed disjointed in places. I'm glad they put a scene w/ Arya and the hound in the finale, but I wanted there to be more of them. And Sansa? I think her character has been done the biggest disservice this season. Her joking with Tyrion at the beginning of the episode? Not realistic at all! .....Oh and I'm so glad they didn't show the contents of the box.

Edited by sastelise

8/10.

I hoped to see Lady Stoneheart and I fully know she's not in the books til the epilogue, but we all know they play around with the timeline.

The Dany ending was HORRIBLE. I was expecting her to say, "WHEEEEEEE."

We get it. She's the mother of dragons, and the breaker of chains. Blah, blah, blah. How many more times are they gonna go the well with this?

Arya scene was great, and I loved the Stannis/Davos scenes.

--> Unscientific study - I'd guess that 90% of the people who loved the punk music "Bear and the Maiden Fair" after Jaime got his hand cut off also loved the Dany crowd-surfing season finale. Did anyone love one and hate the other?

I am like what it seems to be most people in this thread. A little let down on how this ep. went and ended. I honestly don't know if they could have topped ep. 9 but at least could have ended it with some sort of cliffhanger. There were a few funny moments at least what i thought. Girls giggling as Podrick walks by. Hound telling arya after they kill they freys men " next time tell me what your going to do".

Only question i have if i remember correct was when Sam and Bran meet i thought Sam was asked not to mention any of it to Jon. So will Sam say something? jon " hey Jon i met your brother Bran, hes off to the other side of the wall to save us from the white walkers!!" or will he not?

6/10 just because i think they could have ended it better.

Well, in that case, the problem lies with either the source material or HBO for not having the funds to make more episodes.

I think the problem lies with the writers, I feel it could have been better written and a whole lot of plot holes could have been solved.

All I'm saying is, to me the episode was the straw that broke the camel's back, but honestly I'm glad you and a lot of other people enjoyed it, it's just that the series is not what I'm looking for in a A Song of Ice and Fire adaptation. :)