How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I just watched it. Its was a great episode. Yes, the ending was quite lame and it sucked that they didnt show LS and that Jaime arrived in KL bevor the PW, but everything else was great. OK, i dont care much about the fate of Theon. I never did. I always skipped through his chapters most of the time after the fall of Winterfell, until they where all back again in Winterfell. I liked all the conversations between the characters and Arya murdering the Frey Man-At-Arms was a WAU moment. I liked the hound and his complains, that she shall tell him in the future when she want to kill someone :devil:.

Why is everyone bitching about there being no Lady Stoneheart?

In the books she isn't revealed until the very end of book 3 which would equate to the end of Season 4 onscreen.

Also it's a better idea to have nonreaders think she's dead for a long time before shocking them with her return.

Having her come back the very week after the red wedding would really soften the impact of her murder.

Edited by Khal Pono

It's funny how all the Dany fans seem to adore this episode while all the Stannis lovers are enraged. Anyway, the cheesy ending was a big let down and such a poor way to end a season filled with epic scenes.

Overall- 6/10 for it being a finale but if it was episode 6 or 7 it would have been 9/10.

Arale - The ending I actually liked, but it was ever so slightly corny. In the books, it works far better that she does a victory lap while the people cheer her on her horse. I've given it a 9 though. Quietly brilliant. Substantial alterations to the source material throughout, though some of these are improvements, and most work well within the context of the series. It's easy enough to complain about the whitewashing of Shae, however, or the continuing portrayal of morally absolutist Stannis as a psychopath, or hypersmart Jon Snow as a bit of a bumpkin. I'll let that slide and focus on it being a well-structured and overall well-written episode which managed to at least condense enough of ASOIAF's plot strands together to maintain the interest of non-readers, I reckon, still getting over the events of last week.

Edited by The Killer Snark

Why is everyone bitching about there being no Lady Stoneheart.

In the books she isn't revealed until the ver end of book 3 which would equate to the end of Season 4 onscreen.

Also it's a better idea to have nonreaders think she's dead for a long time before shocking them with her return.

Having her come back the very week after the red wedding would really soften the impact of her murder.

Lady Stoneheart is revealed barely 300 pages after the Red Wedding. According to your logic, we shouldn't have gotten the Red Wedding yet, as it happens in the second half of the third book.

Bringing in Lady Stoneheart so soon would not work. A lot of readers, including myself, thought it was a fairly silly way of ending ASoS and didn't see much point in it. Even after so many pages, it seems to desecrate the pathos of the RW. It isn't till the next novel that the idea makes perfect sense. And she'd just be hanging in limbo anyway, not doing anything for at least a season before she narratively reappears.

Part of the reason why the Theon stuff is happening now instead of a few seasons off is to introduce Ramsay, who was missing in the second season, and also to fill the viewer in on what's going on with him televisually, since it wouldn't work in the series to give the details of his torture in the Dreadfort just in flashbacks, as in the books.

10 months is a lot of sinking.

Pretty much my take as well. And it seemed to leave hanging all the Beric/Thoros foreshadowing. That's 10 months of forgetting as well.

Solid episode, but at least an intro to LS (as others have said- 'a kiss of life'- eyes open type twist) would have been a more engaging last scene.

And Reek appeared when? Dance.

But if you think about, we never actually read when Ramsay is actually beginning the torture with Theon, it makes sense that it is in now because in Dance he has already been tortured and we just read what Theon remembers/experienced.

Why is everyone bitching about there being no Lady Stoneheart?

In the books she isn't revealed until the very end of book 3 which would equate to the end of Season 4 onscreen.

Lessing the impact of the RW is why people thought it would be done. Even if all they did was suggest that Cat might not really be gone.

Theon has been getting tortured by Ramsay for some considerable time before he reappears in ADwD, so what is happening now is chronologically in keeping with events elsewhere in both series'. Lady Stoneheart analogies are not valid; she doesn't even appear until the end of the novel, and is shown in a prophecy first, though this part has been skipped in the programme: but she has nothing to do anyway in the narrative until the second half of the fourth book. Far too soon after the RW to include her; it would retrospectively derail the ending of episode 9.

And the Tyrion whitewashing continues.

Though, I do not have too many problems with it anymore.

The show clearly stands on it's own.

Compared to any other television, every episode of AGOT should be a 10/10 in my opinion.

However, we are all lovers of the book, so the show suffers in our eyes.

I'll give this episode a 8/10. Great TV, but the departures from the books may become a bigger and bigger pill to swallow for some.

Edited by Maizel

STONEHEART would have worked great as a finale. We still have Robb and Talisa dead, as well as Arya being completely mindfucked from seeing her brother's massacred body. Catelyn coming back to life as a vengeful zombie wouldn't have lessened the damage that's been dealt to the Starks at all. And it would have been far, far better than that terrible Mhysa scene.

Edited by Element_Engine

I find the changes refreshing, when they work, because I read and finished the novels for the first time back to back by February this year. So they are still very fresh in my mind enough that certain narrative arcs might slightly underwhelm me if they were slavishly taken from the books.