How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I thought the Arya scene was good, but when you think about it in terms of what it was SUPPOSED to be, at the inn, and where she savagely stabs the guy while repeating the questions he asked when he had tortured people, it sucked. Why didn't she get needle back? It just looks like she felt like stabbing the guy in the back, I don't know.

This is the scene from COK,at Harrenhal, that did not occur last season, transported, and re-imagined.

That was not Polliver the one who has Needle.

That will be in the tavern fight scene next season, at least I hope it is because it one of my favorite scenes.

Seems D and D wanted Arya to reaching a breaking point which they felt she had not in CoK.

So far she clubbed an innocent person to unconsciousnesses , to save this life....

... and this killing.

So what you described is yet to come.

Way that scene ended looks like she will be in Braavos sometime next season.

Edited by boojam

Fine dialogue but a huge letdown for a finale. Even if they were going to avoid Joffrey's wedding at least give me some angst with Cersei and Jamie! Weakest effort of the season, too bad it ended the season. Obsession with Theon's torture just getting boring. "Reek" intro was weak.

They need to stay closer to the books, better story so far and they are no GRRM.

Edited by AnotherCrannogman

I gave it an eight, it was a good end of season episode in that it tied up loose ends, left some open and created the beginning of new story arcs for next season. The ending was a tad cheesy but had a good cinematic shot and the Mhysa song was beautiful. There were some good individual moments too, Arya's pathway to Braavos beginning, Sam and Maester Aemon, Davos, the reminder about the Ironborn and the reveal of Ramsey (for those who hadn't already twigged and aren't book readers).

I thought the scene with Roose and Walder was off though, it felt out of place and out of character for Bolton to be "crowing" like Frey was. I suppose it was there for the exposition of what had gone on at Winterfell for those none book readers who may not have made the connection yet.

I was "glad" to see they'd used Robb/Grey Wind because that was one of the defining images for me from the books, extreme in its cruelty and sense of petty viciousness, although it was so damn dark in the lighting that they might as well not have bothered!

I was surprised by the lack of supernatural elements in the final episode though but I can see why they'd chose to end with Dany and her freeing of the slaves and capturing of Yunkai. You get the feeling she's going somewhere and then Meereen happen. I did think we'd get UnCat but I can see them wanting to keep that as the big shocker for the start of Season Four. I was also surprised they went with Jaime arriving in KL before the Purple Wedding, wonder what they're going to do there. Absolutely loved Twyin schooling Joffrey though, Jack Gleeson is such a talented young guy.

How are you not all building temples for worship of Cersei? Her talking about Joffrey as a baby was pure gold. Everything about her was beyond perfect in this episode (and almost always are). And as a not yet book reader I'm glad to finally learn what happened to the ironborn at Winterfell.The ending however... they aimed for another dracarys moment and failed beyond belief. In all: 7/10.

I think it's a good season finale and I quite enjoyed. Was hoping for some setup for Stoneheart but then perhaps they thought it would be better to show it next season. That scene with Robbwind had me depressed. I'm still sad. Loved the Tywin/Tyrion scene, Bran's explanation of the Rat Cook and the early stages of Reek. And of course, Arya. LOL at the Hound telling her, "Aww man, well it's cool to but next time at least tell me, okay?"

Dany, well... meh. But still gave it a 10 because I enjoyed it.

GRRM's weakest point is the development of the Queen of Dragons for the next three books. Hopefuly, they will just avoid her for awhile.

Queen of Dragons? You mean Mother of Dragons? Yeh after season 4 her story really stagnates until the the arena and dothraki sea scene's.

GRRM's weakest point is the development of the Queen of Dragons for the next three books. Hopefuly, they will just avoid her for awhile.

That will never, ever, ever happen. Fans love the Khaleesi and Emilia Clarke is one of the top billed actors and is entitled to a lot of screen time.

Not where I expected it to end, not much of a climactic scene compared to the last two seasons, and I can't help thinking they could have taken the season a bit further if they hadn't wasted so much screen time in earlier episodes on Theon torture. And they did have time for a post-credit sequence showing Nymeria pulling Cat's body from the water, so I suppose that means no UnCat? And no wolf dreams for Arya, and no Nymeria ever?

I feel that the pacing went downhill this season after episode 5, and, except for episode 9, hasn't recovered. But it's interesting to see how they're taking the story in new directions from the books. I appreciate all the new scenes which are all about dialogue between characters, emotions and character development, but they managed to have those in Season 1 too without making it feel slow at all.

All in all, this episode was just about winding down, reminding us where the characters are and what directions they're heading in now.

Nitpicks: Cersei is great, much more sympathetic than in the books and to me that's actually a relief, but does that mean she isn't going to quarrel with Jaime? Does it mean she isn't going to paranoiacally accuse Tyrion of Joff's murder? Tyrion and her seemed to be getting on quite well in their last scene! Arya: I expected her first deliberate killing by her own hand to be more emotional, for there to be more adrenalin. And it's ok to lose the Inn at the Crossroads scene, but what about Needle?

I don't remember this well, but was Yara/Asha all that bothered about Theon?

Her interior monologues in Book 5 reveal that she was extremely disturbed by what they were doing to her little brother, but I think she tried to push it out of her mind because (unlike in the show) there was very little she could do about it. Her responsibility was to her men and she had to hold Deepwood Motte.

Very disappointing show. I gave it a 5

Walder and Roose hanging out & yukking it up? Understand that they wanted to make some points clear for non-readers but how thick do they think they are?

Yara dashing off to save her brother after receiving the present from Ramsay?? btw she is so poorly cast. Asha is one of my favorite characters in ADWD.

The only part that gets props are the opening scenes at the Twins and Arya & the Hound were ok.

closing with cheesy Dany worship again seems like all the much talked about show budget goes to her scenes

Very disappointing show. I gave it a 5

Walder and Roose hanging out & yukking it up? Understand that they wanted to make some points clear for non-readers but how thick do they think they are?

Ask Lord 'Robin' and 'Yara'.

Yara dashing off to save her brother after receiving the present from Ramsay?? btw she is so poorly cast. Asha is one of my favorite characters in ADWD.

The only part that gets props are the opening scenes at the Twins and Arya & the Hound were ok.

closing with cheesy Dany worship again seems like all the much talked about show budget goes to her scenes

Well, she does have the dragons.