How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

7 from me also.

Loved almost all of the scenes.

Davos and Gendry was a good match up and stood good on screen.

How Arya killed that guy was priceless, shows the path she is going to take.

I really enjoyed the "gossiping " of Walder and Roose.

"Forever young" :D

Tyrion and Cersei had a good conco once again,second for the season if I am not mistaken.

Stannis is my favourite and the biggest surprise this season.The soundtrack the atmosphere when there are scenes with him Davos and Meliss are just insanly good.

Liked how Ramsey tortures Theon.They managed to get a good actor to play him.

Last I liked the story time, the Rat cook etc.

I give 7 because-

No coldhands

Sam got really quick to the castle.

No Lady Stoneheart.

I give it an 8. They managed to actually make good with Theon's arc, even though they still took twice as many show minutes as was needed to get us there. They tied off most storys well enough given this is the middle of the book. I thought the final scene was terribly cheesey and that's where teh show loses most of its marks from me. I thought about giving it a 7.

Also disappointed there's no coldhands. Hopefully they come across him S4E1.

Glad Ygritte did get around to shooting Jon, but hell 3 Arrows?

Wolf head scene! well done, I don't give a damn that it was spiked on to the body rather than sewn. It was great.

Cunningham as Davos is pure gold. He is good with everyone.

Favourite character on the show right now.

agree with your props for Cunningham---he is so good

Love Davos in the books --one of the most intelligent resourceful characters--

you don't survive for years as a smuggler being a fool

I gave it a two. some of my reasons:

Smiling Tywin

complete and total character assassination of Stannis, my main man

seems to me about 800-900 miles from dragonstone to KL...in a rowboat...don't fall out.

is the show ever going to diverge their stupid obamaphone free the slaves narrative into the reality of what actually happens to the cities Dany liberates?

"HIS NAME IS SAM."

THIS is the season D&D wanted to make this whole time? They're shit, man!

(although I was glad they snuck in arya's coin trick/stabbing a dude all over the place if they don't include the inn scene.)

Gave it an 8. Glad they kept RobbWind in - another kick in the balls. Arya's scene was fantastic and it's great to have more Davos and Stannis again

I gave it a two. some of my reasons:

Smiling Tywin

complete and total character assassination of Stannis, my main man

seems to me about 800-900 miles from dragonstone to KL...in a rowboat...don't fall out.

is the show ever going to diverge their stupid obamaphone free the slaves narrative into the reality of what actually happens to the cities Dany liberates?

"HIS NAME IS SAM."

THIS is the season D&D wanted to make this whole time? They're shit, man!

(although I was glad they snuck in arya's coin trick/stabbing a dude all over the place if they don't include the inn scene.)

Man, there's some idiots on this forum.

Gave it a 6, I considered it to be "Above Average" for GoT, there was still some compelling ass shit w/ RobbWind and Arya's revenge, Joffrey's fit, and Davos/Gendry. All takeaways really come from high expectations, a few changes from the books, and Dany's one-sided storyline this season. I'm not that upset about about LSH, but I still would've like to see them throw Catelyn's body into the river -- Call me sick, but it leaves the possibility open and shows the Freys' douchyness.

3 for having 3 good scenes only. Tyrion - Tywin nightshade, Walder - Roose & man'dingo, Arya - Hound valar morghulis. Reek had some joke if you like sausage

I will here be allday but OMG was littered with stupid holes the end was dreadful and with a massive hole. How is a city that is in flames burning last episode picturesque now? Ending with Lion King music just a thought does she dig wells, comic relief required. Fail

If they used a well, how and why in the hell are they walking out of a gate. The hobbit'is are going to Isengard. Fail.

The rest bad and real bad..

Who thinks this up.........? Shite

Edited by Boi

8+ from me.

Tywin and Tyrions scene was excellent. (as usual)

Tyrion with Sansa the way I pictured them acting with each other after the wedding in the book.

I love the Hound. Was afraid for a second that he was going to be wounded in this fight.

The Bastards sausage fest was true sophmoric humor but who doesnt like that once in a while.

Roose Bolton had one of the most chilling scenes Ive seen in the series so far but perhaps it was just me that saw it. When he was speaking with Walder Frey, towards the end he smiled with everything but his eyes that remained cold and dead as usual for him. Brrrrr.

Dannys scenes were "Meh" as usual. Worse, most boring character (for me) in the book and in the series. The actress has gotten better this year but I still dont see all the adoration for her. To each his own though

The ending was a big letdown from the rest of the episode and a poor note to end the season with. Why it only got an 8 from me. Guess they needed something to give them an episode title.

Edited by Ser Graymax

Arya's stabbing didn't seem anything near (what I believe this was the "equivalent" of) Crossroads Inn. One of (if not the) best Arya scenes was just butchered. I gave it a 2/10 simply because of Tywin, Roose, and Walder Frey. I was so disappointed with this episode.

I was the escape from harrenhal put into a diffrent scene, how she dropped the coin and then sliced the guards throat

Stannis is pretty much destroyed as a character my first thoughts. Has to be least closest character to his book version where stannis i books is in my top 5.

Everyone's saying this, and I can't imagine why. Sure, Stannis has been a little bit blackwashed (I don't think that's a term, but whatever), but his book counterpart is not likable either! Honestly, he's my least favorite character in both mediums.

Gave it an 8.

There were some great scenes :

• Robbwind, OMG making it seen by Arya was a really good choice, it felt like this was her breaking point.
  • Northern army being destroyed was quite nicely shot.
  • Roose&Walder scene was great, both of them are nicely portrayed. Roose's personality is sligthly changed from the books but this is old news, he had this ironic/tragic laugh in the previous episodes too and it suits the ShowRosse quite well.
  • Arya killing the Frey was really well done, they had to start emerging the darkness inside her at some point, and this felt like a really good moment to do it.
  • Small council scene was interesting, fun to see Joeffrey pwned by Tywin, but still Tyrion feels too much whitewashed. I remember him liking the idea of having Winterfell in the books but well seems like we will never get the BookTyrion, so I have stopped getting disappointed about it long time ago... still have hope that his dark side would emerge after some certain event though.
  • Reek scene was nice, it is a good conclusion for this season's Theon arc : his identity is nearly lost. Next season they'll only need to put a little more psychological torture in 3 or maximum 4 scenes, then they can easily connect to his aDwD arc.
  • Nightfort scenes were all alrigtht, it was clear from last week that we wouldn't get Coldhands, so no need to bitch about that. They may include him later in Bran's journey, he wasn't critical for Sam. We only lost some information about the Wall's magic gate etc
  • Shireen&Davos !!

Some scenes that could have been great with little changes :

• Ygritte&Jon scene : I was really hoping to see Ygritte die this episode because that would have given Jon the 'maturing' he drastically needed in the show. Next season his leadership against the wildings would have been a lot more believable and his election. They could have simply have Ygritte catch him up near the gates of Castle Black, where she has the same conversation, shoots Jon, but then gets shot by the Night's Watch.
  • Greyjoys : Loved Balon&Asha scene but lacked something : just as Asha was leaving the Iron Islands we could have had the shot of Balon falling from a bridge.
  • Dragonstone : I loved the acting, Davos was great, Stannis was mostly great but there were some great alterations in Stannis' character. In the books it took him the death of three kings to finally accept doing the sacrifice, and now he is ready to go with only one. I knew because of the synopsis that Gendry would flee so I was hoping that it would happen in the following manner :
    • Davos starts get worried after Robb's death( would have been more believable if we had Balon too)
    • He frees Gendry in case Joffrey dies
    • And Stannis gets mad and so we end up in the same moment where he is about to execute Davos.

It felt like Stannis was overly manipulated by Melisandre whereas in the books he made her shut it up. We also lost some great lines like : "Is Rh'lorr's hand is spotted and pale? This seems like Walder Frey's doing to me." and then Selyse came in "His power cannot be beheld" about Rh'lorr and "Calm down, woman, we are not at bonfire" from Stannis :'( . He felt too much of a believer in Rh'lorr and I cannot appreciate that, we lost the whole Queen's Men, King's Men dynamic too.... I feel more and more like Stannis' getting extremely deviated from the books, his 'Melisandre's puppet arc' was supposed to be over when Davos is freed from the dungeon.

Scenes that made me nearly vomit :

• Mysha... not only it was extremely cringeworthy, it also had the uncomfortable 'White saviour bringing liberty to brown people' cliché like too, I mean the slaves there are to be from multiple ethinicities, they trade from all over the Essos, and it felt weird. Well I mean I had a hard time liking this scene in the books too but well.. I still hope she doesn't get whitewashed like Tyrion and we'll get her 'Is she mad?' side during next season.
  • Again Dragonstone, when Stannis laughed and told Davos he was is Rh'lorr's army.. wtf?

I think the only possible good ending to this season was LS and it feels so much like a missed opportunity.. Let's hope at least that they'll open season 4 with that. And with team Dragonstone leaving for the wall so early, I guess the Battle at the Wall has to be no later than episode 5. I think Arya will have to take the boat around episode 6 or 7 next season and at the finale we could see her seeing the Titan from the boat, otherwise we might end up having too much of Hound&Arya travelling.

I was going to give 7 but I increased it to 8 because overall, by ignoring the books a bit, it was a good conclusion to this season and I have high hopes for the next season.

Edited by Fragon

Arya's stabbing didn't seem anything near (what I believe this was the "equivalent" of) Crossroads Inn. One of (if not the) best Arya scenes was just butchered. I gave it a 2/10 simply because of Tywin, Roose, and Walder Frey. I was so disappointed with this episode.

Don't worry, I'm almost positive we'll get that next season. That scene was most likely the equivalent of her killing the guard at Harrenhal (which they decided to cut out to make Jaqen look more awesome).

Well, I expected to see LS at the end and also missed Coldhands, so that's why I gave it 8, because it was simply a chapter to tie things up for next season and nothing major happened.

LS? As in Lord Snow? This early? He hasn't done anything yet, has he?

Gave it a 7, mix of good, OK and a couple of bad, unfortunately most of the bad was at the end and made it a weak end of Season. Maybe I should drop to a 6?

Some people are exaggerating IMO. Yes, the final scene was a bit cheesy we it lacked the oomph you expect from the finale. I also think that they went a bit overboard in Jon-Ygritte scene - Ygritte arrived extremely fast, Jon took too many arrows, you start to wonder why the wildlings south of the Wall are such a threat if there are so few of them there etc., but they botched Jon's escape, too, so that was just a follow-up. Not sure I like what they did to Stannis, but I think it's for the greater good - he will kick ass in season 4! I was disappointed that Jaime barely appeared at all. Anyway, I cannot say that I liked all scenes in that episode, but it certainly had many good bits. Tywin, Tyrion, Joffrey, Davos, Walder, Roose, Arya and The Hound were great. I loved the RobbWind scene, too - that "King In the North" chat was a great idea.

BTW Gendry escaping on a rowboat, alone? LOL :D.

I give this 7/10. Not the best, not the worst.

Edited by Cybvep