How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

8/10, mainly because the ending was kinda dry, i was really looking forward to seeing LS, her eyes opening would've been an insane ending. Best part had to Arya stabbing the shit outta the Frey boy, hot damn. Robbwind was effing freaky, it had an insane impact, that shot of the stark banners burning was pretty cool.

Gave it a 9.

Best parts were the Arya scene, Robbwind, Roose Bolton & Walder Frey, the Lannister Team Meeting, and Davos's performance.

The parts at and around the Wall were good.

Really enjoyed seeing some "old" characters like Balon and Yara, Pyp, Maester Aemon.

I'm still not sure about how they're portraying Stannis in the show. They seem to still not have a proper grasp on his character, and I don't think it's an intentional difference from the books.

Dany scene was alright, bit of an abrupt way to end it. I did expect Stoneheart but understand their reasons to not include her.

All in all it was there to set up next season and did a good job of that, can't wait to see where Yara's arc and Jaime's early arrival in KL go.

1/10

the show has jumped the shark for me at least.

this was the worst episode of the worst season of game of thrones series.

it's actually funny because this season supposed to be the best season , but it turned out to be a pile of shit. damn you D&D for ruining the best book in the whole series .

I gave it a 9. Anything would be anti-climactic after the RW, but nonetheless, I was pleased with most of the scenes, thought they gave us a nice tying up of loose ends and set up for Season 4 without being at all 'blah'. The one exception - and a huge one - was the last scene with Dany and the freed slaves.....worst crowd actors I've ever seen, cheesy cheesy cheesy. The 'pan up' at the end was a very, very poor imitation of the very, very powerful one at the Fist when we saw the horses comprising that spiral pattern. Almost made me bash the entire episode, but that wouldn't have been representative of the other scenes.

One thing I thought was entirely unnecessary was the scene with Varys and Shae, but a poster 'way back on the first 'page' of this thread said they thought that might be to set up that she thought Tyrion had put Varys up to it and that he did really want her gone but wouldn't tell her himself. This makes perfect sense to me

as a way to do the Shae-turn-around that's needed to have her betray him at his 'trial' next season. I was wondering how they were going to do that, but now it's clear that Shae has been angrier and angrier ever since the wedding and last night made it clear that the anger was not towards Sansa.

Lots more---saving for the + and - Nitpicking threads. :cool4:

1/10

the show has jumped the shark for me at least.

this was the worst episode of the worst season of game of thrones series.

it's actually funny because this season supposed to be the best season , but it turned out to be a pile of shit. damn you D&D for ruining the best book in the whole series .

Wow thats ridiculous. 3 years in and pretty much every major character is exactly where they are in the books and pretty much every major event of the books has happenned mostly intact, many with the exact dialogue from the books. The books are much more complex from a plotting and number of characters standpoint, but in my view it is ridiculously faithful to the books and has maintained much of their complexity. It is almost impossible to get a more faithful rendition.

If someone has read the books just once through, they probably think it is EXACTLY like the books since every major event that you read in the books and would remember on first read through has happened.

All this righteous indignation from hard core book readers about not having LS and having things play exactly like the books is just kind of sad. It is some of the best TV ever, yet so many seem to not be able to let themselves enjoy it

Solid 8.

I like the fact that it sets things moving for season four. As if 401 is just another episode we can get next week (but no, we have to wait for it). Now I don't know what I'm going to do. I also mark this episode as the episode when people who thought they love Dany suddenly feel kinda irritated and thus the journey to "I actually don't like Dany" feels starts for these people.

name='Apulia' timestamp='1370831012' post='4561761']

… Maybe some viewers who wanted to stop viewing the series will continue.

My thought exactly. My "unsullied" wife just about threw in the towel after last week and this episode was likely, in large part, an effort to remind TV-Only folks how many compelling storylines there still are despite the loss of the titular "good guys" at the RW.

Love the actors for Lords Bolton and Lannister.

Lastly, since I don't care for cliffhangers, I didn't mind the wrap-up and set-up episode much. Don't have any affection for Coldhands, so didn't care.

Gave it an 8.

Edited by Ser Lawrence

8/10

Making a recap episode where nearly all major characters appear isn't an easy task, unlike shocking people with brutal murders. And I've found D&D did it brillantly.

The show has make some characters very different than in the books (ie :Shae, Stannis, Asha, Sansa) but has the merit of making them coherent in their canon, everything sounded well.

I especially liked the Roose and Walder scene and the one between Davos and Gendry.

The first scene was likeable enough. The meeting between the young wolf... forever young wolf... and Arya is quite touching.

Also, I would have liked the Ygritte/Jon secene If I hadn't read the book in advance (too much drama for characters as such).

I have to add that I liked Roose Bolton. I scarcely noticed him before, but the actor that plays Roose is terribly good.

As for the finale... it was a disaster.

Not the best episode, though not the worst either. A not so strong 8/10. I enjoyed most of the episode, though towards the end the pacing started to feel odd. And that last scene wasn't that bad, Daenerys wasn't crowd surfing, she was being carried. All this talk about crowd surfing made me think she really would just lay on her back while "surfing" on the crowd, not being carried by a couple of people. And remember, guys, this is pretty much Daenery's peak so far, after this it's mostly downhill. Let the Daenerys fans have something to celebrate! But the Unsullied scene was way better, and some parts of that Mhysa scene felt rather awkward, and not in a good way. But I loved the music of this scene. Btw, what the hell did the "For the Realm" track do on the OST, I thought it would end the episode, but the Mhysa theme did. Where was "For the Realm"?

Another scene that didn't impress me was the last scene with Stannis, Davos and Melisandre. It just felt odd. This is the first time I felt that they were doing the Stannis character from the books injustice. He just felt ... odd, and he smiled and laughed, that is so not Stannis! Yes, he thought it was ironic, but it was still out of character IMO. I didn't mind Melisandre doing a 180 because, well, she's Melisandre, she's not easy to understand. Melisandre is, at least I think so, a religious fanatic, so her behaving strangely because her flames told her something didn't bother me.

Now that I've talked about the scenes and things that did bother me, I'll talk about the things I liked.

Davos was perfect this episode, and I really think it was nice to have some screentime with him after a season with very little Davos. He is pretty much the good and honest guy of the show, and let's hope that as long as his name is not Eddard, he will stay alive. At least he admitted that he's a slow learner. I loved the scene where he talked to Gendry, it made him feel even more human and probably relatable for most of us. And I believe some unsullied cheered when he saved Gendry (I hope he doesn't drink seawater!). Oh, and someone explain me why there really is a 'g' in night.

Ramsay is still a giant, psychopathic dick, while Theon has no dick, that dick went to his sister and father, a father who also is a huge dick, but the sister's got the balls. Oh, and Theon is not Theon anymore, he's Reek, it rhymes with weak. I really feel sorry for Theon. Even though I don't like him, no one deserves what he is and will go through. The fact that Balon didn't die surprised me, though I don't mind it that much. I guess he'll die episode 1 or 2 next season. Maybe episode 2 to foreshadow a certain sociopath's death (come on, GRRM is writing episode 2. I find it hard to believe that he refused to write that scene that made us all cheer). I wonder what they'll do with Yara, guess we'll have to wait ... I don't even want to know for how long! Season 4 will be magnificent!

I was probably one of the few who thought Sam had several daggers, and thank the gods he did. Now people will stop whining about Sam not taking that dagger with him, he had more than enough. Loved the scenes with Sam, Bran and all the others (Hodoooooooooor). Seriously, I'm glad they've had more Hodor lately, I can't get enough Hodor! And I loved the way they cut to Walder after Bran telling the Rat Cook story.

Hodor.

Yeah, Walder killed some people under his roof, but it is really Tywin who should suffer a shitty death, heh. The scene with Walder and Roose was great, and it somehow made me understand their characters better (still hate them with a passion burning hotter than Aerys' passion for fire). The episode started on a really dark note, and I loved it. Roose just looking at the destruction, the Hound trying to get away with Arya and the Freys parading Robbwind sent chills down my spine. Poor Arya, she's not going to get any happier after seeing Robbwind. Like seriously, that image will haunt the nightmares of many people. I loved how they imported her coin scene from ACoK to this episode (I guess it also had a trace of Tickler-stabbing), just seeing her kill that Frey bastard made me happy she's one of the Starks who is still alive. And the Hound is just awesome. Who can't love the Hound at this point? May they travel together for a long time in season 4. I also REALLY hope Sandor is a gravedigger, show Sandor has made me like him even better.

Didn't hate the Shae scene, nothing very wrong with it, and I guess they'll start to make Shae like Tyrion less and less until she finds another lion. The biggest thing that bothered me about the Jon and Ygritte scene was how she caught up on Jon. Like how? Did she fly on Orell's eagle or something? And those three arrows probably made the unsullied unsettled. Will Jon die like his fath ... Boromir, or will he survive? Fortunately we wizards know. At least one lesson is learned: love is not easy.

Neither is it for Tyrion and Sansa. I loved how Sansa started to show her badder side to Tyrion, and who knows, maybe in the end they could have been a reasonably (insert Huell) happy couple. But of course everything is ruined when her mother and brother were killed by Tywins quill. That scene with the Lannisters was very well done, and not very different from the one in the book, if I remember correctly. The Lannisters may have won the war, but the family is falling apart. And Joffrey was threatened by Tyrion and owned by Tywin, but not before Joffrey actually hurt his grandfather's pride. For me that scene was a very important one, for in Westeros the winner doesn't take it all. The Tyrion and Tywin/Cersei scenes didn't feel like anything new, but still they showed us how fucked the Lannister family really is. Oh, and Jaime, who has had a pretty bad time the last couple of seasons, is back! I hope we get to see the scene between him and Cersei next season. Oh, this is going to be a happy reunion!

Wow, this was a long post. I don't believe this was a particulary weak finale for a season that has mostly been setup for the next one. I guess the first episode of the next season will be a normal first episode, but from the second episode and onwards everything will be awesome, as long as they don't screw it up. What will they do with Jaime? What about Yarasha? Will Theon, I mean Reek, still just be tortured? Will the PW really be in episode 2? What will happen at the Wall? Where are Grenn and Dolourous "the best lord commander" Edd? Will we have a spinoff series where the Blackfish is constantly killing Freys? Is Bran really the one who can save everyone from the WW (not Willy Wonka, Wodrow Wilson or Walker White)? I can't wait!

Edit: The absence of Coldhands came as no surprise to me. I believe we'll get Sam's Coldhands scene happen to Bran and co. Sure they've got weapons and dragonglass, but against wights those things are useless. They get attacked by wights. Enter Coldhands.

I'm happy they did not include lady Stoneheart, because it will be way more shocking and worth it at the end of the next season. If they have something close to the original Stoneheart scene from the books, I'll be happy. The only thing that bothered me is what they'll do with Beric. Maybe we'll see him resurrect her next season, after all we had Pyp, Aemon, Balon and Yara just for this one episode.

Edited by The Lord of Cinder

And yet I have a dark suspicion that you'll be back and complaining about the show next season!

Well, yeah. I'd wager most of us here are fairly passionate ASoIaF fans and want to see the series done justice in its high profile adaption.

This episode didn't do that for me.

Gets a mediocre 5 from me. Mainly because, as a season finale, it doesn't set up much direction for the next season. King's Landing and Arya storylines in particular are aimless right now.

The saving grace of the episode was the Roose/ Walder scene, but Davos on Dragonstone was amazing. I think Stannis is the same Stannis of the book, both testing Melisandre and being beholden to the law. Highly believable adaptation.

I also mark this episode as the episode when people who thought they love Dany suddenly feel kinda irritated and thus the journey to "I actually don't like Dany" feels starts for these people.

Nope. I love (book) Dany more than any other character, but I hate the way they've taken her story into "white saviour" territory. And worse - the show is glorifying Dany as a white saviour.

I'm one of the most vocal Dany stans on this forum, but I'm not deluded. The scene was awful, racist, and a complete injustice compared to the scene GRRM wrote.

Edited by PatrickStormborn

Gave it an eight, but closer to seven than to nine. Some good stuff, like Arya's first "real" killing. They did a good job combining the Harrenhal scene with the Tickler scene. The Hound cracked me up with his line: " The next time you're going to do that tell me first!", nothing else to say about a little girl murdering some guy, it is perfectly reasonable in the Hounds world ...

Some pretty weird scenes too, however, like the Stannis storyline ... not handled so well IMHO. They dragged and had large logic holes. the Reek scenes dragged too and were once again totally pointless.

WTF was that Ygritte scene? She didn't do anything when he up and left after the old man was killed, now she has somehow caught up with him (Jon has been riding all his life, and Ygritte - has she even sat on a horse beffore? I don't think so) and literally feathers him with arrows ... you should have put one in his horse, girl, would have prevented his escape much more certainly and wouldn't have hurt Jon.

Could someone please pay for some ballet lessons or something for Sophie Turner? In the scene when she was walking through the park with Tyrion she was shambling and lurching along like she was wading ashore to eat Tokyo.

Edited by BlackTalon