How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Nope. I love (book) Dany more than any other character, but I hate the way they've taken her story into "white saviour" territory. And worse - the show is glorifying Dany as a white saviour.

I'm one of the most vocal Dany stans on this forum, but I'm not deluded. The scene was awful, racist, and a complete injustice compared to the scene GRRM wrote.

:stunned: I haven't seen it but I heard it was incredibly cheesy (my brother did throw out the word racist) but to hear you talk like this given I know how much you like Dany certainly makes me dread how completely horrible it is.

Don't know what some of you had against the last scene, I loved it especially as it shows Danys development so well. As a season finale it just doesn't work as well as the seasons before, but thats because of the book being splitted into two seasons. All in all it was one of the best episodes this season for me.

PS: Dany is NOT showen as a "white savior", she is the mother of dragons and slaves. How can you read racism into the scene?

Edited by Srefanius

but I hate the way they've taken her story into "white saviour" territory. And worse - the show is glorifying Dany as a white saviour.

I'm one of the most vocal Dany stans on this forum, but I'm not deluded. The scene was awful, racist, and a complete injustice compared to the scene GRRM wrote.

You are writing nonsense. There were absolutley NO racist overtones in that scene, just like there are no racist overtones ANYWHERE in the books. All that matters is that those people are SLAVES, no one cares about their skin colour. Dany happens to have white skin, the slaves in that particular city happen to have brown skin, just like their masters. Slaves in Volantis will most likely be white, again the same as their masters. Will it still be somehow racist for you then when (if) she frees them?

Edited by BlackTalon

Huh, I guess I'm the odd one out. I really enjoyed the episode and gave it a 9. Every season so far the exciting episode, the climax, is the premultiate episode, and then the final episode of the season is set up for next. They did it that way in season 1 and 2, so I'm puzzled why anyone thought it would different this season. As for the set up for season 4, I thought they did that very well moving the pieces into place, and I enjoyed it. Perhaps they could have found a more exciting note to end it on than Dany's Mhysa scene, but I guess I didn't find it as stupid and cheesy as others did.

The one scene that made me cringe was the Jon/Ygritte scene. I like that Ygritte shot him since that was in the book but the dialogue between them wasn't that good. I wish Ygritte had shot at him while he was fleeing the way it happened in the book. Other than that, the rest worked for me. I am intrigued by the change in Theon's storyline with Yara going after Theon. My guess is Balon will be killed and Asha will be forced to return home after her rescue attempt for Theon is thwarted.

What was interesting is that Yara indicated that she would sail around Westeros and up the Narrow Sea in order to sneak up on the Dreadfort from the East. This would signifigantly alter her storyline from the book and perhaps preclude her participation in the Kingsmoot.

As far as the rest of the episode goes. Danys scene was kind of crappy. Arya and the Hound pairing continues to be entertaining. Jon and Ygritte felt a little off. Kings Landing and Dragonstone were OK. Bran and Sams stuff seemed the best stuff of the episode. I like how Aemon chaged the wording of his letter from the book. A man of his expereince would probakly know not to adress the letter in a way that could be found insulting. Does this mean that Edd and Grenn are dead? Sam and Jon are the only survivors so far to make it back. Gave the episode a 7.

Dude, you can't expect people to read all that. It's just silly that you put so much effort into that review for the majority of people to simply skip over it as I did. Try to compress your thoughts. (Not intended to be malicious in any way shape or form).

:stunned: I haven't seen it but I heard it was incredibly cheesy (my brother did throw out the word racist) but to hear you talk like this given I know how much you like Dany certainly makes me dread how completely horrible it is.

I agree that if you keep recent real world history in mind that it seems racist or at least condescending. So if you can throw that out the door and realise this world has nothing to do with the real world I guess there is nothing wrong with it on that level. Still it was still the worst scene in the episode by far, dragged my rating down from an 8 to a 7.

Well, yeah. I'd wager most of us here are fairly passionate ASoIaF fans and want to see the series done justice in its high profile adaption.

This episode didn't do that for me.

I haven't seen it myself yet, but from what I've read I am a little disappointed by some things i.e. no Mance, not enough Jaime... Still, I love the show more than the books and I agree with you that most people will be back, I was just saying that that guy had claimed he was "done with the show."

Wow, this was a long post. I don't believe this was a particulary weak finale for a season that has mostly been setup for the next one. I guess the first episode of the next season will be a normal first episode, but from the second episode and onwards everything will be awesome, as long as they don't screw it up. What will they do with Jaime? What about Yarasha? Will Theon, I mean Reek, still just be tortured? Will the PW really be in episode 2? What will happen at the Wall? Where are Grenn and Dolourous "the best lord commander" Edd? Will we have a spinoff series where the Blackfish is constantly killing Freys? Is Bran really the one who can save everyone from the WW (not Willy Wonka, Wodrow Wilson or Walker White)? I can't wait!

Will we have a spinoff series where the Blackfish is constantly killing Freys?

Good one, doubt it would happen but you never know. Enjoyed your analysis, but then I write long ones too.

I have to wonder what's the diff if someone writes one long review covering every aspect of the episode, or posts a series of short ones on every aspect of the episode.

Guess it's up to other forum participants whether they want to read a post or not.

Loved Bran's and Arya's scene, liked Jaime's return (you can clearly see that he's not the same man). The rest was OK, but I really missed Lady Stoneheart. The Mhysa scene was nothing special and certainly not the "final scene of ep10" material. I also didn't care for the bonding between Tyrion and Sansa. Tywin and Joff were amazing as always, I still cannot believe HBO submitted Kit for the Emmys instead of Dance. I'm sorry but the guy can't act. "Ygritte... Ygritte..." Even I can act like that.

I gave the episode an 8, decent episode but could be better.

I would give it a solid 8, contrary to what some people are posting, the episode did wrap up a lot of story-lines. The only criticisms I have is towards the Dany scene, partly because it was unintentionally funny and also it wasn't powerful enough to be the last scene of the season (in fact I would think that the Arya scene would have worked better of the ones shown).

Thought it was a decent enough episode , only parts that I didn't like were 1) Asha and her speech , like 50 men could really take the Dreadfort and the Dany ending was wrong , it would have worked better if she was on a horse , not crowd surfing.

I would give it a solid 8, contrary to what some people are posting, the episode did wrap up a lot of story-lines. The only criticisms I have is towards the Dany scene, partly because it was unintentionally funny and also it wasn't powerful enough to be the last scene of the season (in fact I would think that the Arya scene would have worked better of the ones shown).

Ending with Arya would have been a nice touch for Stark fans, I agree, they could have given her the line about the lone wolf dies but the pack survives or some kind of approximate.

But, apparently the series is really about Jesus Tarygaryen and not the Starks, who knew.

I thought this was the poorest representation of GRRM's work to date, by a wide margin. D&D have somehow decided they know how to tell this story better than the books. The result is an all-sparkle, no-substance heap of crap. I felt there was none of the suspense, emotional depth, or subtly that makes the books so fascinating. In fact, everything was so dumbed-down and devient from the plot that Im pretty sure that i kept watching be uase it was so bad I couldnt look away. I'm realistic when it comes to book-to-screen adaptations, but this was a total let down.

Good episode, gave it a 7. Set up a lot for next season, Ayra going to FM training, Bran north of the wall, Jaime's interaction with Cersei.

I am a Dany fan in the books and series, but I also thought the last scene seemed a little over the top. My first thought was "the white savior". I fully understand the people who live there having darker skin, but why hasn't Dany gained any amount of tan?

I gave it a 5 for average, or middle of the road. The writers had so much to work with following the RW. Instead they just left it. I thought Dany's last scene was cringeworthy, I wished LS had been included as it would have put a punctuation mark on the RW. Stannis is becoming a caricature of himself. - Davos, go to jail, Davos, I release you from jail, Davos, I sentence you to death, Davos, Never mind! That little friendly walk and chitchat with Mr and Mrs Tyrion was stupid and I do not remember that from the books. Of course, I will watch next season and of course, they could not do exactly what is in the books but this finale was disappointing.

Dude, you can't expect people to read all that. It's just silly that you put so much effort into that review for the majority of people to simply skip over it as I did. Try to compress your thoughts. (Not intended to be malicious in any way shape or form).

Please, that post is just fine.

If the majority of people skip over it, that's their call. I'd rather see thought put into a post than "OMG WTFBUBBLES - WEAR WUZ STONEHEART!!!11"

7 although a 6.5 would've been more just. After episode 9 almost anything was going to be underwhelming but this finale would've been better IF it wasn't for Daenerys. Man, what a snooze. Terribly cliche scene with some kind of cheap pseudo new-age music after not showing her at all during the previous scenes, it looked out of place. I didn't like the Dragonstone scenes either, particularly Davos and the letter. I mean, Davos is always fine, but Stannis...oh my, my King Stannis :(

Edited by Stannis' shadow babies