How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave it 7/10.

Overall liked it but it felt kind of felt like a bunch of scenes just thrown together. The Walder/Roose exchange was my favorite scene. I'm also very interested in Yara's coming storyline since it seems to differ a lot from the books.

The last scene was horrible in my opinion, it seemed like a theatre play. And I missed UnCat...

Edit: I think Balon's death would've fit well into the episode, it would've been the perfect opportunity to mention Euron...

Edited by Juli Flay

I would rate the episode 9/10. I think they are doing a brilliant job generally adapting the books for TV. I deduct 1 point because I thought the ending could have been stronger. We knew Dany had conquered Yunkai already. I think a better ending would have been to see Bran et al to emerge from on the other side of the wall to be met by a, yet unidentified,hooded figure. Just my 2 cents/pence/euros

I agree. Overall this episode was very good, but Arya's scene was so impressive I had to give it a 9. The quality of the finale should not be diminished just because some "oh shit" moment didnt happen in the final scene of the episode. I think it's hilarious that some of you give a more negative e review just because the format of S3 doesn't match the last two seasons

I understand after the RW an "oh shit" moment was not needed, still maybe other scenes could have ended things that little better. Alot of people will go negative on certain parts of this season but it remains the strongest in my eyes, i do feel i missed the yunkai battle and i was looking forward to watching it. We missed most of the battle outside the RW but seen enough to satisfy so why not do that with the other? Last point would be it went from jorah, grey worm and daario surrounded to winning the battle..... did anybody else feel like they could have put an extra minute on that xD.

I agree. Overall this episode was very good, but Arya's scene was so impressive I had to give it a 9. The quality of the finale should not be diminished just because some "oh shit" moment didnt happen in the final scene of the episode. I think it's hilarious that some of you give a more negative e review just because the format of S3 doesn't match the last two seasons

I understand after the RW an "oh shit" moment was not needed, still maybe other scenes could have ended things that little better. Alot of people will go negative on certain parts of this season but it remains the strongest in my eyes, i do feel i missed the yunkai battle and i was looking forward to watching it. We missed most of the battle outside the RW but seen enough to satisfy so why not do that with the other? Last point would be it went from jorah, grey worm and daario surrounded to winning the battle..... did anybody else feel like they could have put an extra minute on that xD.

I loved most of the last episode, but that final scene was really disappointing.

We already had a similar scene after Daenerys freed the unsullied, and that scene gave me the shivers because it's been set up so well and felt earned.

This final scene though? We haven't seen a single Yunkish slave suffering, and we haven't seen Daenerys run through more than some mild troubles conquering the city. So it just left me cold.

I was counting on the reveal of a certain Lady at the end of the episode. But they didn't do it... I understand the reasoning on their part, let the RW sink in first... but I still honestly believe that it would have been the perfect way to finish the season.

For me it was excellent, actually one of the best from this season. Better pacing than the praised episode 9, excellent exposition scenes (loved the Roose- Walder bit) and the drama was well handled. The ending felt a bit underwhelming, yes, but I totally understand why they went that way. I was afraid they could show us LS too soon thus ruining the mood created by the Red Wedding... so it was kind of bittersweet for me.

Edited by Danolf

• 2 weeks later...

Really liked it, but not sure the end scene was epic enough to leave us on.

S1 we had the dragons

S2 we has the White Walker with the army of he dead.

Seems just like an odd place to end it. Still really liked the episode though.

I agree with you. I was quite disappointed with it if I'm completely honest and felt that ending with Daenerys' victory and her ensuing adulation was not nearly epic enough for a season finale.

Also, I know it's been said here a thousand times or more and there are probably many people sick of hearing it, but I still feel that the season would have ended much more strongly if it had done so with the resurrection of Catelyn as Lady Stoneheart. The Starks have a huge fanbase within GoT and an opportunity to show that Catelyn still remained in the game to seek revenge on behalf of her family was missed - IMO to the episode's detriment. The finale felt slightly underwhelming to me after the shock and disappointment of episode 9.

I can only guess that the producers may have figured out that the book readers were expecting this finale so sought to surprise us - but I don't think that is always the best approach to take.

I was also surprised that the assault on Castle Black was not shown and judging by Jon and Ygritte's parting scene, I'm beginning to think that this may now be the end of the Wildlings as far as the TV show goes.

Edited by the_one_who_was_promised

I agree with you. I was quite disappointed with it if I'm completely honest and felt that ending with Daenerys' victory and her ensuing adulation was not nearly epic enough for a season finale.

Also, I know it's been said here a thousand times or more and there are probably many people sick of hearing it, but I still feel that the season would have ended much more strongly if it had done so with the resurrection of Catelyn as Lady Stoneheart. The Starks have a huge fanbase within GoT and an opportunity to show that Catelyn still remained in the game to seek revenge on behalf of her family was missed - IMO to the episode's detriment. The finale felt slightly underwhelming to me after the shock and disappointment of episode 9.

I can only guess that the producers may have figured out that the book readers were expecting this finale so sought to surprise us - but I don't think that is always the best approach to take.

I was also surprised that the assault on Castle Black was not shown and judging by Jon and Ygritte's parting scene, I'm beginning to think that this may now be the end of the Wildlings as far as the TV show goes.

Way too early for Uncat in my opinion, and I hope you're wrong about the Wildlings...though it does seem to be the producers' intent not to hire too many of them.

• 1 month later...

I gave it a 9, absolutely loved it! Ayra's revenge was my favourite part, didn't expect to laugh at that scene but I did when the hound realised it was his knife she used. Ygritte and Jon are my favourite characters and there scene was pretty intense!! I completely changed my opinions about Davos in this episode! I wasn't very keen on the very last scene, expected something better for the last scene of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people said that this episode was anti-climatic but after I re-watched the first 2 seasons I realized that all the major events of westerns happen in episode 9 (Ned's beheading in S1, The battle of the backwater in S2) while episode 10 deals with the aftermath and sets the way for the new season so I'm kinda happy with how the season ended and I loved the Dany scene =)

• 1 year later...