How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Except they pretty much did everything they could do to try and make it a complete season. The only way the ASOS arcs would feel truly complete is if they used the actual endings from the books, which they obviously can't for season 3.

Why would you expect the epilogue from ASOS. Most folks who expected Stoneheart expected Nymeria pulling Cat from the river. It happen just a few days after the RW in the book, and it was set up on the show by Arya's conversation with Thoros and Beric.

Why would you expect the epilogue from ASOS. Most folks who expected Stoneheart expected Nymeria pulling Cat from the river. It happen just a few days after the RW in the book, and it was set up on the show by Arya's conversation with Thoros and Beric.

I didn't expect the epilogue to take place, just her resurrection with the episode ending as her eyes opened.

I'm happy they didnt rush anything, like PW or Stoneheart, i was hoping that we we'll see Asha when she finds out that her father died falling off the bridge, but this wasnt rushed either.

I liked the scenes between Ramsay and Theon, and Roose/Walder , Tywin/Joffrey.

Dissapointed a little bit about the finale. i gave it a 9/10

Solid 9

Whilst there was no spectacular cliffhanger as in the past two season's endings, It wrapped up the aftermath of the Red Wedding, and set out the stage for season 4 very well indeed. I was pleased with the scenes, especially pleased indeed with a lot of them. The Tywin/Tyrion talk was a gut wrenching further explication of both characters. I don't remember reaching this far into Tywin's head before. Tyrion/Sansa/Shae was also gut wrenching because it seems to foreshadow that this relationship triangle cannot end well. Shae/Varys I was especially hooked into because it gave me further insight into Varys' motivations, and also pushed the "not ending well for Shae" feeling. I feel very sorry for all three of them, and really sad that Tyrion seems not able to be a safe place for Sansa, after all.

It was great that after all the separations, characters are coming back together, or crossing paths. Loved the Sam/Bran scenes, the Gilly/Maestor scene, and Jon making it back to Pip and Sam. God, I really felt the Jon/Ygritte scene. Jon's grimacing mouth as he begs for Ygritte's understanding, and for his life. Ygritte's watering eyes and trembling lip as she listens and then decides to still go ahead and kill him.

And Joffrey at the council! Can't believe one of the Unsullied at TwoP called that Joff would server Sansa her brother's head at his wedding. (If he could.) that was really tense, and a further setup for

Tyrion being accused of Joff's murder

Brienne grimace was powerfully expressive of her and Jaime's ambivalent position in her brief scene. Jaime's and Cercei's brief reuniting was nail-biting. Jaime looked briefly hopeful, but Cercei is just shocked and biting back horror, and he relapses into some sort of resigned despair.

reminds me of Cercei/Tyrion, god that was good. The consolation of children for an unhappy wife... "not even Joffrey himself can take that away from me". "They're the only reason I didn't [kill myself]". Unlike others I really liked the Daenerys endscene, the last imagery and music was like something out of Baraka.

I give it a 7.

The Arya scene was OK.

It would have been better if it was instead Polliver and she got needle back and stabbed him with it instead of a dagger. Most people probably don't even remember Polliver though.

I didn't like the Jon Snow/Ygritte scene. I liked the Walder/Roose and Ramsay/Reek scenes even though they weren't in the book.

I'm not really sure if they will introduce Coldhands ever. He didn't seem to important to me in the books, and it seems they are omitting "unimportant" things in the series.

The ending was OK, but it seemed kind of odd and lacked... something.

I wasn't surprised that there was no LS. They are probably saving that for next season to make it more shocking. I hope they don't show Beric resurrecting her either. It would be better to reveal her when they hang they Freys.

The season finale was OK, but it seemed like the plot was different than in the books. It seems that season 3 has drifted further away from the plot of the books than season 1 or 2. Their excuse is that for every necessary change they need to make more in the future. That's understandable, but there are so many things that didn't need to be changed this season that were.

Edited by Dubien

for some reason i feel like they will get rid of coldhands and maybe even lady stoneheart. lady stoneheart appears at the end of feast of crows and for her to appear in the season 4 finale would be pointless. they needed to show her in the finale in my opinion and that would have been an awesome way to end this season

I think the problem lies with the writers, I feel it could have been better written and a whole lot of plot holes could have been solved.

All I'm saying is, to me the episode was the straw that broke the camel's back, but honestly I'm glad you and a lot of other people enjoyed it, it's just that the series is not what I'm looking for in a A Song of Ice and Fire adaptation. :)

It could have been better written? That comment proves you no next to nothing about what you're talking about. The show is one of the best written on tv atm, that in itself is a massive achievement considering the writers have such an expansive story and plot to cover. It's clear your expectations are way too high. I love the show and the books, and while I have my gripes with the adaption I can still appreciate how well the producers have done with such a daunting task. Please get off your high horse and grow up. I had my problems with the episode and the season as a whole but I can still safely say that the season and the episode deserves an 8/10

An 8. Final scene with Daenerys was a little too cheesy for me and the weakest in the episode. Also

the weakest finale of all three seasons.

Loved the Arya scene as well as the small council meeting with Joffrey and Tywin nailing their parts.

Really let down. Lackluster is the only word that seems to fit.

Anything that wasn't amazing would feel like a letdown after the RW. The RW was such an extraordinary peak climax, that any major "EVENT" coming straight afterwards would still feel like it misfired. I think it was wise for them not to try and compete with the RW by following up straightaway with something like

the PW

All I'm trying to say is that people who've read the books and hate the tv series just baffle me. They should be more appreciative to what HBO and D&D have provided us with, which is a stellar adaption to a timeless series of novels. I mean imagine if FOX got their hands on the rights? It could be alot worse is what I'm saying.

5 because they missed a huge opportunity to end the season with a great Lady stoneheart revival which would have been batshit crazy.

danys scene was a huge let down

stannis scene started out good but then when to shit because they rushed the dialog so much. i wanted to see stannis reflect and say that hes been fighting for the realm while he should have been defending it. instead no he practically laughs in davos's face and harbors bad feelings from viewers. ppl should start to see stannis as a good character not a lil bitch

Jon's scenes didnt make sense. 3 arrows? and hes not dead? it should have been one, and in the foot not three in the back. he fell from the horse ON HIS BACK with arrows sticking out, just that would have finished the job and kiled him. THEN his brothers put him ON HIS BACK where he got 3 god damn wooden sticks sticking out of him, if thats not stupidity i dont know what is.

arya scene was good, and tyrion/joffrey/tywin scene were good. thats about it. oh and asha was ok

I loved it. A superb 9. Lost a point for a schlocky ending.

Shame about not showing LS. I would have put money on Lady Stoneheart being the final scene, but the episode worked well without it. I have little doubt that Lady Stoneheart will rise next season, likely as early as the premier, or at the latest in ep 2.

Edited by Sun

I think the problem lies with the writers, I feel it could have been better written and a whole lot of plot holes could have been solved.

All I'm saying is, to me the episode was the straw that broke the camel's back, but honestly I'm glad you and a lot of other people enjoyed it, it's just that the series is not what I'm looking for in a A Song of Ice and Fire adaptation. :)

Which plot holes?

Btw, that's an extremely gracious position you take in the second paragraph. One I don't often see. Nice. :cheers:

I gave it a 5.

It was a huge dissapointment for a season finale. If it had been a regular one, it would have been a 9/8.

First I saw there would not be Lisa/LF wedding because the preview didn't mention LF. Wich is fine for me, no biggy.

The GreyRobb scene wasn't that strong like I thought it would. Tho, my unsuiled boyfriend looked terrified. I don't know if I liked that Arya saw that, somehow I do. But in a regular mind of a girl I think it would have been too much. But it's Arya.

The Tyrion/Sansa scene was unecesary.

One comment my sister made me was that some things got so fast, like the super fast ravens or Sam getting super fast to Castle Black or Ygritte finding Jon without Tormund.

Dany's scene was..beyond bad. It was funny in the wrong way. I was expecting vuvuzelas and flags like if she have just won a race in africa.

Yara/Asha ''I'm going to save my little brother'' argument was wrong.

Since many things happened within days after the RW, of course I was expecting the season to end with LS. I know it takes days after the RW for her to be found, but ravens can fly from Castle Black to dragonstone in a day or so, then why not at least a wink of LS...

Btw..what's up with the Jaime/Cersei early reunion..?

No Coldhands yet. It's okay still, but if they cut him off I will be seriously angry.

In my opinion, it do was the worse season finale because they could have done things better.

I usually don't get to picky and I love changes from the book that work..but this time it was a bit too much. Still, I will expect anxiously for next April.