[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

That would worked well but they probarly had not the funds for more cgi. They could have him fight like The Greatjon and than escaping. Or they even could have him fight Roose at the op the castle and then have The blackfisch escaping after some soldiers come to aid Roose . We need more 1vs1 battles in the show , that was the only downside of blackwater also in my opnion they could have a nameless knight fight the hound or Bronn. Or even Stannis vs Lancel, now it seems that Lancel is a coward and a bad fighter. And while i am on the subject where the hell is Lancel and Kevan, we could have scene in the previous episodes where Sansa was visiting Lancel. But what do we get: Sansa talking with Loras about dresses and weddings or she is asking Shae if her famely will come tot the wedding/

I was expecting him to take the place of that guy that freed Grey Wind and then jumped off the Twins.

That would worked well but they probarly had not the funds for more cgi. They could have him fight like The Greatjon and than escaping. Or they even could have him fight Roose at the op the castle and then have The blackfisch escaping after some soldiers come to aid Roose . We need more 1vs1 battles in the show , that was the only downside of blackwater also in my opnion they could have a nameless knight fight the hound or Bronn. Or even Stannis vs Lancel, now it seems that Lancel is a coward and a bad fighter. And while i am on the subject where the hell is Lancel and Kevan, we could have scene in the previous episodes where Sansa was visiting Lancel. But what do we get: Sansa talking with Loras about dresses and weddings or she is asking Shae if her famely will come tot the wedding.

Are the showrunners even looking at their own map? How the hell is Gendry supposed to reach KL from Dragonstone in this tiny boat?

It is quite a journey & aren't there heavy currents around Dragonstone? he has a heel of bread & a jug of water--oh that will do it to keep his strength up

BEYOND ridiculous and who will he fall in with in KL?

They have changed so much of the original story and not for the better

Are the showrunners even looking at their own map? How the hell is Gendry supposed to reach KL from Dragonstone in this tiny boat?

At season 5 Lf will visit Dorne and the wall in the same episode

He has access to Littlefinger's patented teleporter.

While on the same subject, how did Ygritte catch up to Jon ( who has a horse and she doesn't ). Teleporting? Where are the rest of the wildlings? She's just there and don't ask?

I honestly thought this was a dream sequence and Jon will wake up once he got shot.

That would do it quicker than a cup of coffee

She unloaded on him too---in the book, he only had 1 to the leg that bothered him throughout the Battle of the Wall

So let me get this straight... Arya and the Hound, while still at the Twins, see the decapated King in the North being pranced around the courtyard wearing his dead wolf's head. They leave the Twins is disgust, while the Frey men continue to party into the night in celebration that they have just murdered Robb Stark. Sometime later (the next day, several days???) while riding through the countryside, they come upon a small camp of Frey men. One of these men in the camp was the one who actually sewed the wolf head onto Robb's body. Really? How, and more importantly, why were these Frey men out in the middle of the woods so far ahead of Arya and the Hound? So in order for this to happen, this means that the sequence of events looked like this: Robb Stark is murdered at the RW... Frey men cut off his head and sew GW's head on his body... Frey men prance King in the North around courtyard of the Twins... instead of remaining to celebrate into the night, four Frey men, including the one who actually did the sewing, immediately leave the Twins for an excursion out in the woods... they ride off at a feverish pace in order to get far down the road so that they can later be happened upon by Arya and the Hound. Again, they do not remain at the Twins to celebrate the RW, they LEAVE THE TWINS AND RIDE OFF INTO THE WOODS. Logic fail! I don't know why this aggrivated me so much last night, but it did!

Jon/Ygrette scene was awful. 3 arrows! Where the hell was the rest of the Wildlings?

Cersei/Jamie reunion was very flat. That's all we got?

Roose/Walder Frey scene was very odd. Felt off the whole time to me. I was like WTF is going on?

Didn't mind no Lady Stonehart, but could of at least shown them dumping Cat's body into the river. Would have been an awful sight.

No Balon falling yet? Thought 100% that was going to happen.

How did they get Bran's wagon down to the bottom of the well for that final shot walking towards the light? Very poor explanation of how they got to the tunnel.

Final Dany scene was awful. Waht the hell was her gang posing for on those rocks? Looked so staged and ridiculous!

Worst epidose of the season by far. Very dissapointed.

Lots of great nitpicks here. I keep finding good ones.

Jaime/Brienne in another storyline, like Dany, that has been a major highlight this season and ended with what exactly? A look?

Total letdown. Like a balloon with all the air let out in one brief anticlimactic moment. Nothing to see here, move along.

How did Ygirtte keep up with a horse? And where were the other Wildlings? Jon took two arrows in the back, that's a really serious injury.

Good question. She appeared out of nowhere and used him for target practice. We got the point, she's mad. And can fly?

So we can't see how The Blackfish escapes but we do get a Shea scene.

This.

And Sansa is having such a good time chillin' with the Lannisters, they had her tell a poopy joke. Show Sansa makes Hodor look smart.

The scene was even previewed in an early trailer. IT has been cut from the season as -- apparently -- quite a few other scenes that were filmed and never used (Tywin fishing in the Blackwater and having a chat with Pycelle being another one we know of specifically).

It seems that with each season, more and more scenes get written and even filmed that are never actually used. The first season, other than the Aerys flashback, they basically had none. It feels a bit wasteful, and you kind of wish they did a better job of actually writing necessary scenes rather than writing what are, apparently, superfluous scenes that can seamlessly be dropped.

Maybe on the DVDs , this time, we will get an Extended Edition?

I liked the episode for the most part, but some of these logic nitpicks like how did the Freys get ahead of the Hound and Arya are good.

But, um, Jesus Targaryen crowd surfing. Just why.

I have to say even though he's popular I'm not like Ewin's portrayal of Ramsey, he does him as a crazed 'boy' whose sadism is oddly childlike, and I could have done w/out the penis/sausage jokes.

I didn't mind the Shae scene but I have no idea what they're doing except they're not going to have Tyrion kill her, now she is not only in love with him but has turned down enough money to live well on the rest of her life in Essos so she can stay by his side. So, I am sticking with my belief that Tywin will be the one who kills her.

I can't understand why Jamie and Brienne are in KL when Sansa is still there.

This episode was dreadful in every scene for the most part something was seriously and utterly stupidly wrong.

Where is Cat Tully if she is to be reintroduced, where is her body? Doesn't look good. Walder to Roose had said something. It must be because they only desecrate ROB even though Walder was angered by the Tully's mocking him and how now he is the ruler of Riverun.

Nightshade conversation though epic afterwards on why a Lannister is a Lannister. Respectfully though the kings authoriton is south park at this stage?

The ghost story with the Rat King was a great campfire tale. I probably made a Hodor face when hearing it. However to then go and destroy the enite scene with Sam climbing from a well and a description of it. To turn around, and they are walking out of a gate the same one they entered from, but not the described hidden path? Where are the stairs, after stumbling up them?

Iron Island why was Asha there he intrusted her with the title of commander of the rading parties which when stated I will not yeild the lands and castles I have taken from the North where are they? Why is she taking 50 men to get her brother's sausage back. This is how a commander holds that conquered land from the Wyk their homefront? The 200 knights of Rodderick Cassel teleported.

Jon Snow likes to get shafted, he knows nothing. What happens from being in a brotherhood that don't think to watch their back.

Stannis that character is so stupid, being an absolute mockery to any king. Nijht is spelt with a J can you understand the actors last word to Gendry in the cell? Foo me, from me, fee me, free me, gad only knows. Gendry can row a boat and Davos can keeps his head because Melisandre gives it.

Vary's implying Shae was his plant, means he would have Bronn in his pocket too, as far back as they began.

Sansa quickly forgets the Imp's charms only to be in tears later. Would they be joking so soon?

Gilly'Gosh I know I call it Sam, how dumb. What happend to not naming the baby prior as mentioned as bad luck, previous. Sam has gone and gets all goo'ey now, as Maester Aemon had said to him, where are your vowels.

Jamie is a kingslayer that works so well for PW or was it the nightshade Tywin? Got be handless though for Lannisters to kill their kin.

The last scene was a total fail. Look at the pretty city which isn't burning or in ruins from the ravaging of uprising and revolt seen from last episode. Because we need more comic relief

Such an utterly stupid episode people would have to be really thick to think that this content was watchable. Best scene was valar morghulis and happy to have seen the wolfman, in any fairness to it. Supposing she really hadn't used a pointy end before, hardly relevant. To much fail everywhere else.

So let me get this straight... Arya and the Hound, while still at the Twins, see the decapated King in the North being pranced around the courtyard wearing his dead wolf's head. They leave the Twins is disgust, while the Frey men continue to party into the night in celebration that they have just murdered Robb Stark. Sometime later (the next day, several days???) while riding through the countryside, they come upon a small camp of Frey men. One of these men in the camp was the one who actually sewed the wolf head onto Robb's body. Really? How, and more importantly, why were these Frey men out in the middle of the woods so far ahead of Arya and the Hound? So in order for this to happen, this means that the sequence of events looked like this: Robb Stark is murdered at the RW... Frey men cut off his head and sew GW's head on his body... Frey men prance King in the North around courtyard of the Twins... instead of remaining to celebrate into the night, four Frey men, including the one who actually did the sewing, immediately leave the Twins for an excursion out in the woods... they ride off at a feverish pace in order to get far down the road so that they can later be happened upon by Arya and the Hound. Again, they do not remain at the Twins to celebrate the RW, they LEAVE THE TWINS AND RIDE OFF INTO THE WOODS. Logic fail! I don't know why this aggrivated me so much last night, but it did!

I thought that was one of the redeeming scenes of the episode, logic aside. I don't find it out of the ordinary that there were Frey Men in the woods, they could have been sent on Patrol duty to find the Blackfish or any run away Stark men. Also, they may have just wanted to get away from the 'excitement' for a bit and avoid body disposal duty.

I didn't mind the Shae scene but I have no idea what they're doing except they're not going to have Tyrion kill her, now she is not only in love with him but has turned down enough money to live well on the rest of her life in Essos so she can stay by his side. So, I am sticking with my belief that Tywin will be the one who kills her.

I swear, D & D just can't handle having "gray" characters in this show. They're either good or they're evil. They better show Tyrion's darker side as he kills Shae, but as you pointed out, show Shae is much more faithful to him.

My fear is that Tywin's death will Tyrion getting revenge for Tywin "killing Shae" instead of being because of his pent up rage over the years for what he was forced to do to Tysha.

Jaime

He seems broken in the show but it shouldn't be like that. He knew who he was and what people thought about him so even without his sword hand he was very confident and they could have shown this upon arrival. Missed opportunity.

Shae and Varys

Showrunners have already been very liberal with the portrayal of Shaes relationship with Tyrion being so pure. She was a whore and although Tyrion was loyal to her in a way and possibly shared deep affection he always knew what she was. So this "forbidden love" is just too cheesy. But where did they got the notion it would be good to show that Varys is some really nice guy who cares about happiness of Shae and future of the Realm? In later books we find out what possibly motivates him but actually we know very little about him. Significant deviation. New plot - very cheesy.

P.S. If everyone would write the TOPIC of their paragraphs it would be easier to read and also find particular thoughts (i.e. if want to read only about Jaime the easier to find).

I swear, D & D just can't handle having "gray" characters in this show. They're either good or they're evil. They better show Tyrion's darker side as he kills Shae, but as you pointed out, show Shae is much more faithful to him.

My fear is that Tywin's death will Tyrion getting revenge for Tywin "killing Shae" instead of being because of his pent up rage over the years for what he was forced to do to Tysha.

I suppose it could still either way.

They do love to SHOCK the audience, so Tyrion killing Shae would be a huge shock at this point, but it would make him much darker and worse than in the books, because this Shae is really nice, so even if she does betray him it will be due to irrational grief and jealousy.

And so, I still lean toward they don't have it in them to make Tyrion Dinklage that dark of a character in killing a nice woman who is in love with him and who had a chance to leave the country but stayed to be with him.

I also don't see they will have enough time to realistically turn Shae into a character the audience will agree deserved to die.

So, I am still believing Tywin will kill her.

Archived