[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

AGAIN we get Cersei and Tyrion leaning on each other

This irritates me a lot

Oh and Ygritte and Jon scene

Really awkward, idk why I was laughing

I guess I was just surprised by Kit's emotional outburst for the first time ever

Ugggghh.

And Ygritte? Why is she on her own? Where's Tormund? Where are the thirty other magical wildlings that magically appeared after they climbed the wall? Have they magically disappeared?

They probably magically disappeared into the same place Dany's Khalasar magically appear and disappear from.

And to think, I was SO excited to see Jaime and Cersei getting it on next to Joffrey's corpse!

-My main gripe is Stannis outright giving the order to burn Gendry. Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK. IIRC, didn't Davos save Edric before Stannis could make his decision? Also missed out a chance on some quality dialogue from Stannis, but due to the time constraints, I can understand that. This season really needed longer episodes and more Stannis. His arc felt underdeveloped.

-No resurrection of Cat. I was anxiously waiting for it, but nope, never happened. God damn it.

-Mhysa was a bit cheesy, and it's obvious that D and D have the biggest boner for Daenerys. If you're going to make her seem like the ultimate liberator, that's great, but depict her ultra-ruthless "Fire and Blood" attitude as well. That means that they'd better show her crucifixion of the Grand Masters next season.

-I hope the show doesn't constantly beat us around the head with Theon not having a penis anymore like they've done with Varys.

-As much as I liked the scene, those shots of Ramsay being so close to Theon are definitely going to inspire more creepy Theon/Ramsay fanfiction on tumblr

No major gripes apart from Stannis. Seriously, D and D, I know you dislike the character, but come on. I was hoping after ep8 that they were going to continue showing Stannis' complexity, but I was disappointed. To simply write him off as a "villain" is a disservice to a great character.

I must say I agree with a lot of your points....

Cat: I was so waiting for the Cat resurrection scene.

Dany's Mhysa scene was too cheesy for me. She is being projected like Alexander the Great, but that scene just fell flat.

I liked the Samwell and Bran scenes too.

Shae is getting boring...actually the whole Kings Landing stuff is getting boring. Even though Tyrion has witty dialogues.

I have never been a Stannis fan...but my favorite scenes are increasingly becoming those between Stannis, Davos & Melisandre. Even though their setting is minimal with just three characters, they do a really great job in every scene. They are increasingly becoming my fav GoT characters, even though D&D seem to favor Dany more.

He also make jokes too. He's not a robot...

Segues perfectly into another nitpick of mine. Is Stan a robot with Mel on voice command?

He just seems like Siri on Mel's iphone

"Ser Davos must die"

"Well Ser Davos I sentence you to death"

"Oh no wait, Ser Davos might be important"

"Well Ser Davos, looks like you're off the hook"

Segues perfectly into another nitpick of mine. Is Stan a robot with Mel on voice command?

"Ser Davos must die"

That pissed me off so much. The showrunner's decisions make no sense to me sometimes, especially when it comes to Stannis.

I found it really weird how Dany and peers were standing on that rock

the way they were positioned waiting for the slaves to come out

Like someone else said, it was like they were posing for a picture

They looked like the worst bodyguards ever. They could have killed her and they were there, looking pretty.

"Ser Davos must die"

I think that's what D&D are going for. I don't see Stannis being completely a "villain" or a "hero" but he's simply her marionette because he thinks she has the only way for him to win the Throne.

Shae can't die soon enough. Seriously stfu Shae. Developing her to be in love with Tyrion will make her betrayal make no sense at all. To the point where they basically can't have her betray him now.

I have to agree the ending was just plain silly, that should have been the opening, then head into Roose looking over the ramparts at the tents on fire.

They should have ended it with the Arya scene, sets up her arc well and ending the season with a Stark saying "Valar Morghulis" right after the RW would have been shiver inducing while giving the audience a hint that there is still one Stark alive and kicking ass.

Where was CH?! Was really looking forward to him. I'm glad Bran told the story about the rat and guest right and everything. Really illustrates the gravity of the Frey's betrayal since that was really missing last episode. I don't think many of the Unsullied understood just how awful it was that the Frey's betrayed their own guests. Not going to lie, I am kind of pissed that we didn't see the damn heart tree underneath the Wall haha. But other than that, they set up some things rather nicely for the next season. I'm just excited as hell for some RED VIPER. They better not fuck him up, and the Dornish better have a well developed storyline because I've been waiting for them to show up for a while.

And to think, I was SO excited to see Jaime and Cersei getting it on next to Joffrey's corpse!

Mock if you must, but that part of the book was powerful as hell. It was raw, intensely emotional, complicated, and a pivotal moment for both of them. It really stood out for me. Cersei is a wreck. Jaime is naive as he lays it all on the line giving zero fucks. It's a soup of feelings. A big bowl of brown. They both wanted to be together again so, so much then they are and..ugh heartbreaking. Like that saying, you can't go home again.

Instead we get that. WTF was that? The show pulled a punch there and missed an opportunity for some awesome acting and complex character moments imo. I bet NCW would have done a fabulous job. I see no reason why they would have Jaime return before the PW, FFS.

Add my cringe to the millions for the last scene. It also felt racially awkward, if that makes sense. The white(st person ever) saving and being worshiped by ragged masses of darker people. Weren't the slaves a more racially diverse bunch in the books?

-Stannis character butchered

-Stannis surprise ruined

-Why is Balon still alive?

-Jaime/Cersei reunion was a missed opportunity

-Mhysa as a season finale scene is infuriating. I expected something great and exciting, not some half-assed Grindhouse cheese.

Bad episode. Worst of the season.

- Jon and Ygritte (where were the other wildlings???)

- Jaime returning too soon

I was hoping the final scene would be in the waters off King's Landing. We'd pan down to a woman's body floating to shore...and then she rises...

Ros - Lady Whoreheart - lives! :)

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Archived