[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

-Stannis character butchered

-Stannis surprise ruined

-Why is Balon still alive?

-Jaime/Cersei reunion was a missed opportunity

-Mhysa as a season finale scene is infuriating. I expected something great and exciting, not some half-assed Grindhouse cheese.

Bad episode. Worst of the season.

Yeah the episode wasn't what I wanted it to be, but I think it was just those last few scenes with Dany and Stannis that pissed me off. Stannis' surprise is ruined. Other than that, I enjoyed the beginning.

-Stannis character butchered

-Stannis surprise ruined

-Why is Balon still alive?

-Jaime/Cersei reunion was a missed opportunity

-Mhysa as a season finale scene is infuriating. I expected something great and exciting, not some half-assed Grindhouse cheese.

Bad episode. Worst of the season.

Honestly it was one of the worst of the series, and Season 3 was my favorite even with the finale included. Ruining Stannis as a character and making him a total puppet, along with ruining the wall surprise was such a stupid decision. Dave and Dan make no sense sometimes.

Sansa and Tyrion BFFs. WTF?

Continued Saint Tyrion plotline.

I really don't care about Shae's continued expressions of unhappiness anymore: she hates that Tyrion has married - we get it. More screen time to other storylines that matter please.

Stannis - ah Stannis, what a season of injustice for you.

Final scene - just didn't translate well to the screen - really awkward to watch.

Stannis character butchered in the worst ways imaginable.

Stannis turning up at the wall at the command of Melisandre, he is her puppet.

Tyrion still an angel of goodness

What's this about Shae/Varys?

Also, Jamie in KL?

The whole Greyjoy storyline = WTF?

I guess I wish they would've shown them throwing Talisa and Cat's bodies into the river since Robb-Wind was featured? IDK, that's the only thing that sort of bugged me, I guess. I liked the episode a lot, but considering Lady Stoneheart later the bodies are a loose end that probably would've fit better here rather than mentioned later, and seeing the disposal of them would've made her reveal even more powerful.

I need to release some steam for once:

-Mhysa...Cool scene but wasn't able to gave me thrill to really wait for next season

-No Black Gate booooooo! Would have been awesome to show small glimpse of Wall magic

-Sansa-Tyrion/Shae/Tyrion-Cersei: I don't hate those characters but too many missed opportunities and filler moments. This is season finale!

-Ygritte-Jon moment was heart breaking but how in hell she found him, alone. He should know this enviroment and he has a horse

-Jaime: It showed or underlined connection between him and Cersei but felt really hollow

-Asha/Yara: Why are you leaving? Kingsmoot!

-The show is really making it hard to root for Stannis (who should be a beacon of hope for those wanting justice), yet they continue to whitewash Tyrion and I'm growing tired of the amount of Unsullied wanting Dany to be the one to kill the Freys with her dragons- they BETTER have her use the 'usurpers Dog' comment against the Starks....although, I'm starting to doubt they will.

-Sansa finding out about the Red Wedding was underwhelming.

- They could have shown/revealed what happened to Catelyn and Talisa's bodies (thrown in the river) and had a scene with Edmure or the Blackfish.

- The ending was so cheesy and not epic enough for the final scene of an epic season. They missed a massive opportunity in not having Lady Stoneheart have the final scene but again D&D seem to adore Dany the most (and Tyrion). It felt out of place in such a disturbing episode.

Although, the episode was not that bad in general, just not as good as it could have been and the ending let it down.

I think the writers have a hard-on for Daenerys' character and it's annoying. Don't get me wrong, I like Dany, but every scene this season just screamed 'Look how awesome she is!'

In some cases it's warranted, like Slaver's Bay, but.. bah, she's just annoying.

I think the writers have a hard-on for Daenerys' character and it's annoying. Don't get me wrong, I like Dany, but every scene this season just screamed 'Look how awesome she is!'

In some cases it's warranted, like Slaver's Bay, but.. bah, she's just annoying.

I'm really worried that they're not going to show just how badly Meereen gets hit under her rule. I'm also really worried that D and D might think that a flawless, Mary Sue is what constitutes as a strong female character and keep Daenerys as squeaky clean as possible, without drawing attention to her hatred of the Starks. Many of the Unsullied honestly believed that she would ally herself with Robb to defeat the Lannisters, and who can blame them? There hasn't been any indication of her or Jorah's hatred of the Starks. They also have to show the realistic side of conquering: rainbows and sunshine are not going to be the ultimate outcome, and more blood will spill.

Shae can't die soon enough. Seriously stfu Shae. Developing her to be in love with Tyrion will make her betrayal make no sense at all. To the point where they basically can't have her betray him now.

I have to agree the ending was just plain silly, that should have been the opening, then head into Roose looking over the ramparts at the tents on fire.

They should have ended it with the Arya scene, sets up her arc well and ending the season with a Stark saying "Valar Morghulis" right after the RW would have been shiver inducing while giving the audience a hint that there is still one Stark alive and kicking ass.

The way things are going on the show, instead of Tyrion strangling Shae and then Tywin; Tywin will kill Shae in front of Tyrion and then Tyrion will kill his father in a fit of rage and vengeance. :cool4:

I'm really worried that they're not going to show just how badly Meereen gets hit under her rule. I'm also really worried that D and D might think that a flawless, Mary Sue is what constitutes as a strong female character and keep Daenerys as squeaky clean as possible, without drawing attention to her hatred of the Starks. Many of the Unsullied honestly believed that she would ally herself with Robb to defeat the Lannisters, and who can blame them? There hasn't been any indication of her or Jorah's hatred of the Starks. They also have to show the realistic side of conquering: rainbows and sunshine are not going to be the ultimate outcome, and more blood will spill.

This is my big worry about show Dany as well. Her big flaw for me will always be her hatred and ignorance for the Starks and I'm worried the show wont address this and show her perspective on the 'Usurper dogs.' I'm honestly growing tired of the amount of Youtube comments about her being the one to bring justice to the Starks by killing the Freys. :bang:

The way things are going on the show, instead of Tyrion strangling Shae and then Tywin; Tywin will kill Shae in front of Tyrion and then Tyrion will kill his father in a fit of rage and vengeance. :cool4:

Oh dear! Why does that sound very possible? :bawl:

The Dany scene! OH! GOD! WHY! She's a special snowflake, we get it already :ack:

The Cersei/Jaime reunion was also really underwhelming for me, thou I liked the part with the peasant telling Jaime to get out of the way. Still, it was so much more epic in the books. I knew the period sex was out as soon as we learned that Jaime will be getting home in ep 10, but I expected more. The scene was too short, they didn't even speak a word. :bang:

Stannis has been butchered completly.

Sansa is also out of character, but I didn't mint seeing her happy, for once.

The Jon and Ygrite scene was just odd, I don't even know what to think about it.

I don't know, I gave this episode a six in the rating thread. I have enjoyed season 3 a lot so far, but for me this whole episode was just utterly unsatisfactory. Worst of the season. I don't care if I sound like a whiner, I just needed to get that off my chest.

ETA: Forgot about Varys/Shae and the lack of Stoneheart!

Varys saying something along the lines of "Tyrion is one of the only good men who can save the realm" or whatever he said was so cringeworthy.

But isn't that accurate with Varys' views on Tyrion? He sees him as a valuable asset, which is why he goes through the trouble of getting him out of KL and to Aegon. He says that Tyrion is "one of the few people alive that can make the seven kingdoms a better place". And given his views on Aegon being King, it seems pretty sincere on Varys' part.

Archived