(Book Spoilers) Theon and the reveal

SerWest

What did you all think of the reveal of Ramsay/Reek? I loved it and was glad they finally acknowledged what happened to Winterfell, I was worried they had forgot about it...

Loved it. It was very effectively done and the Pyke scene on top of that just sealed it - Ramsay's letter to Balon was absolutely hilarious and very reminiscent of his later letter. Glad they didn't show Theon's "favorite toy" in the box and I'm glad they've possibly set up something for Ramsay to do next season instead of torturing Theon the whole time - Reek is sufficiently broken so now he can sleep in the dungeons I suppose, so long as he doesn't start trying to eat rats which Ramsay may find offensive.

I loved it. Without having the Reek background from ACOK, I thought D&D did a good job of writing the name in here.

Should be interesting to see where they go with this next season, I'm assuming itll be similar to this season in terms of how many episodes theyll be appearing in (5-6).

I thought it was handled well. I loved the cut from Bolton's comment about his bastard to seeing the bastard tormenting Theon. And then, if the viewing audience still didn't get it, we saw the scene with Balon and Asha/Yara confirming that the sadistic torturer is indeed Ramsey Snow, the Bastard of Bolton.

I also loved getting to see the naming of Reek. I mean, yeah, it's all pretty brutal, but it should be brutal. We need to see how Theon learns his "name."

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to the creeps this scene will inevitably bring out.

Poor Theon, that was brutal as usual. Looks like the history of the Reek name is gone by the way Ramsay spontaneously came up with it, but who knows. Maybe we'll get some cool Yara vs. Ramsay stuff next season, could be a way to develop Ramsay outside of "now here's 5 more minutes of Iwan and Alfie in the torture room."

Also watch people still argue that Theon totally still has a penis, you guys, that scene was really vague even after this episode. When I said they couldn't be any more obvious unless someone literally turned to the camera and said "seriously there's nothing down there" I didn't expect them to actually do it. :lol:

Also also it's probably not going to happen but my god I really, really want Yara's scene to be foreshadowing that Asha is the one to eventually put down that bastard

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to the creeps this scene will inevitably bring out.

Poor Theon, that was brutal as usual. Looks like the history of the Reek name is gone by the way Ramsay spontaneously came up with it, but who knows. Maybe we'll get some cool Yara vs. Ramsay stuff next season, could be a way to develop Ramsay outside of "now here's 5 more minutes of Iwan and Alfie in the torture room."

Also watch people still argue that Theon totally still has a penis, you guys, that scene was really vague even after this episode. When I said they couldn't be any more obvious unless someone turned to the camera and said "seriously there's nothing down there" I didn't expect them to actually do it. :lol:

Also also it's probably not going to happen but my god I really, really want Yara's scene to be foreshadowing that Asha is the one to eventually put down that bastard

Totally agree i got the same vibe

I literally screamed "YES!" when Ramsay said "we ought to give you a new name". Theon being given the name of "Reek" was pretty much exactly how I imagined them doing it. And now starts one of the finest arcs in the entire series.

Although Ramsay's reveal should have come last episode, just before the wedding. Also didn't care for Theon's manhood being sent to Balon. I'm sure someone will upload a "Dick in a Box" parody on Youtube in 24 hours.

As a theon guy I really ;liked the way his stuff was handled this year. Even the whore scene was a good idea not executed all that well. I thought the Ramsey stuff was really funny and it looks like they are going to play up the sexual stuff that is implied in the book (I'm sure that is going to piss the complainers off even more).

Did Theon actually think Ramsay is eating his sausage? :P Anyway, Reek is born and Ramsay is now the most nasty bastard d*ck. I will totally agree with this...

I really, really want Yara's scene to be foreshadowing that Asha is the one to eventually put down that bastard

I feel like Theon was wasted time this season. Or past episode 3 -- or whatever one he was captured again in -- at least. I'm glad they named him Reek but I didn't like how it was done. How about showing him even lower, living with the dogs in filth, before giving him a name like that. Felt a tad artificial.

I liked it! The whole sausage/cock thing was so perverse and nasty i felt sick but obviously that's the point. Hoping they develop Ramsay's character more next season and give poor Theon more dialogue i miss him talking :(

Theon has plenty of dialogue over the next season or two. Though most of it will rhyme with Reek... ;)

Not weird at all, the actor just makes him such a joy to watch on screen, a huge improvement over the books in my opinion.

I think what makes it all amazing is that I know he's going to make me laugh and is such a great actor, but I can't help feeling tense during his scenes because at any moment he could pull out some horrific stuff.

There was just way too much of the torture stuff this season. It left a bad taste by the time the Reek reveal came about. However, this scene was great. The guy playing Ramsay is spot on. My nitpick is that Theon still had enough mental fortitude to call himself Theon Grejoy, and then suddenly he's okay with Reek. It seemed too sudden. Book-wise, even though GRRM never showed us directly any of the actual torture, we got the picture that it was a long decline into Reek-ness.

Archived