(Book Spoilers) It appeared to me from the end of S03E10...

Tywin Smokin a Blunt

That the producers are jumping certain storylines way ahead, while stretching stuff like Dany in Meereen and Jon at the Wall out to set up for season 4. Jon's story is right on pace with where it was from ASoS, as is Dany, they still have plenty left to do. However by getting Bran through the wall already, and Jaime back in KL, and sending Asha looking for Theon instead of sitting at Deepwood Mott waiting for Stannis which is completely out of left field, those stories are poised to be starting material from books 4&5 next year.

My question to you is, How do these changes effect your predictions for what we'll see next year?

Im personally excited if they do speed up Bran's timeline significantly. Get him to Bloodraven as soon as possible so he can start his training, then you can use him as the TV audience's window into some of the foreshadowing they've missed from the first three books so far, and also to start effecting events in the world. I understand that his timeline in the books is more realistic for his ragged troupe, but I still would have loved it if GRRM would have gotten them there earlier. Not sure the purpose of getting Jamie back so soon, thought he didn't arrive until after the PW. Asha going on the rescue mission strikes me as a pretty big change. Her presence at Deepwood was a significant point in ADWD, so unless they plan on getting her there another way or change Stannis's story, that could end up being a major divergence from the source material.

I'm ready to bet Yara will try to find Theon only to know Rickon and Osha are heading to Skagos (this way it will be known), maybe introducing Wex there.

Then, she'll recieve the news of Balon's death around episode 5/6 and will head back to the Iron Island in time for episode 7. There on, episode 8 - 9 - 10 will be dedicated to the Kingsmoot and will end with Euron being crowned and Yara sailing away.

Jaime will be at KL and will not know what to do of Sansa and will send Brienne after her once she disapears after the PW.

Passage of time is a tricky thing on screen. I try not to nitpick here, because it's simply impractical and boring to show pointless marching scenes all the time or assume that a similar amount of time passes between each episode or whatever, especially with such a large cast. For this reason, I have never understood complaints about "teleporting" LF, for example.

Anyway, Bran's travelogue isn't very exciting, so the sooner we get to the interesting bits, the better. No idea what they want to do with Yara, though. She has 50 men. What does she hope to accomplish with them? Also, does this mean that Stannis will actually try to march on the Dreadfort and meet Yara on the way?

if Victarion and Euron are merged i will die a little inside

Same here. Both are fun characters, and I'd hate to part with one. But it's something that I see as very likely, given that Euron does nothing in ADWD, and can just be given Victarion's arc and sail to Meereen himself. They might keep Aeron if he does end up killing Euron in TWOW or ADOS, but we'll have to wait and see.

I actually hope they merge Victarion and Aegon. That can make a great arc: Badass captain turned to religious zealot of the drowned god, turning back to badass captain because of the return of his hated brother, having a faith crisis when he interacts with Moqorro

I actually hope they merge Victarion and Aegon. That can make a great arc: Badass captain turned to religious zealot of the drowned god, turning back to badass captain because of the return of his hated brother, having a faith crisis when he interacts with Moqorro

To me that sounds like they should just cut Aeron. He hasn't done anything important just yet, so it doesn't really matter if he's in or not.

I'm completely ok with cutting Aeron and merging Euron & Victarion. I wish they could cut the Iron Islands entirely, but that doesn't seem possible.

I hope they cut the shit out of FFC/DWD, and push some of it into S4. It was bad enough in the books, but dragging Dany's storyline out on the show would make for godawful television. S3 was already struggling with story bloat; it could kill the entire show if they're not careful.

I'm completely ok with cutting Aeron and merging Euron & Victarion. I wish they could cut the Iron Islands entirely, but that doesn't seem possible.

I hope they cut the shit out of FFC/DWD, and push some of it into S4. It was bad enough in the books, but dragging Dany's storyline out on the show would make for godawful television. S3 was already struggling with story bloat; it could kill the entire show if they're not careful.

I do think they will merge the Greyjoy brothers into one character, likely Victarion. I could see him being mentioned next season after Balon's death, but not introduced until season 5 when he arrives in Essos. I don't think he will be cut completely though, he is a pretty cool character and Dany needs to use someones ships to get to Westeros.

I completely agree with you about Dany's arc though. I'm hoping they merge Yunkai and Mereen, that she flys off on Drogon at the end of season 4, and that the Battle of Fire is in season 5.

Jamie, getting back to KL before the Purple Wedding, is to ad shock value; when he sees his first born die on his wedding night.

I also think they may well be doing this so we can have time for some great scenes between NCW and dinklage, before the 2 go their separate ways

I do hope that the kingsmoot happens in some form, at least as a contest between Yara and a brother. Yara launches some kind of attack on Dreadfort, fails to get Theon. Then she hears of Balon's death and has to go back for the Kingsmoot. Yara loses to evil uncle, goes back to the North and ends up with Stannis. Or I guess evil uncle could just show up and take over in her absence, but since there aren't any other living named ironborn characters on the island, he wouldn't have anybody to interact with.

Then the Ironborn fleet takes off to plunder Tyrell land for a bit. Tyrells launch a defense and the Ironborn take off to find Dany?

Speaking of named characters interacting, do you suppose Thoros will be the red priest that ends up with the Ironborn?

If you read the most recent behind the scenes book, Inside HBO's Game of Thrones, it gives a show version of each family's family tree. In the Greyjoy section, the only sibling of Balon's they list is Euron. Which makes me think that they will all be consolidated into Euron or they have just not updated it with Victarian yet. I highly doubt Damphair will be in the show.

I like both of the Greyjoys, but if it works out for story purposes, I wouldn't mind just having Euron. He's supposed to play a big part according to prophecies and such, but he's really only just showed up and stirred the pot. Putting him in Victarion's place might give him more substance and build him up as a legitimate villain/threat.

Archived