(Book Spoilers) It appeared to me from the end of S03E10...

Tywin Smokin a Blunt

At this point, they have my permission to change just about anything they want for the show. Everybody whined about the Talisa/Jeyne Westerling change, until we saw what the final result was, and it only made the RW that much more brutal and shocking for a TV audience. Im not going to get too worked up if they take one character I hated (Aeron) and combine him with a character that has barely even appeared in the novels so far (Euron), and Vic isn't one of my favs either. I don't see it as that big of a deal.

If you read the most recent behind the scenes book, Inside HBO's Game of Thrones, it gives a show version of each family's family tree. In the Greyjoy section, the only sibling of Balon's they list is Euron. Which makes me think that they will all be consolidated into Euron or they have just not updated it with Victarian yet. I highly doubt Damphair will be in the show.

I saw that as well and I thought the same thing. That had to be intentional, they could always change their mind but I think at least at the time that book came out their plan was to consolidate the other brothers into Euron.

if Victarion and Euron are merged i will die a little inside

I doubt that will happen. In Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things, Tyrion tells Theon: "I still remember seeing my father's fleet burn in Lannisport. I believe your uncles were responsible."

I doubt that will happen. In Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things, Tyrion tells Theon: "I still remember seeing my father's fleet burn in Lannisport. I believe your uncles were responsible."

Yeah, that probably means we will have at least two Greyjoy brothers. I don't care about Aeron, so I'll be fine if they cut him, but I hope we get Euron and Victarion as separate characters.

Me too.

They might merge Victarion with Yara/Asha though. SOMETHING is going to keep her from actually attacking the Dreadfort and saving Theon.

The SOMETHING could be that Ramsay & Reek are not at the Dreadfort when she and her 50 take it. (out hunting Rickon, most likely) I think once Yara gets to the North, she's going to stay in the North, not double back to the Iron Islands.

Vic is one of my favorites, and I think sometimes having 2 characters is simpler than one, because they can interact. Would they just have Euron talking to himself about how awesome he is?

That said, if they bare-bones the Ironborn, you have hero-Yara and villain Euron. I for one won't miss the Kingsmoot, but I would miss Vic if it comes to that.

I do think they will merge the Greyjoy brothers into one character, likely Victarion. I could see him being mentioned next season after Balon's death, but not introduced until season 5 when he arrives in Essos. I don't think he will be cut completely though, he is a pretty cool character and Dany needs to use someones ships to get to Westeros.

I completely agree with you about Dany's arc though. I'm hoping they merge Yunkai and Mereen, that she flys off on Drogon at the end of season 4, and that the Battle of Fire is in season 5.

This would rush everything too much. theres too much story content to fit 2/3rd of ADWD and AFC in one season as well and a third from ASOS. How would they get Tyrion to Dany this season...I hope Drogon flies off with Dany in S5 and then Vicatarion can arrive in S6 to take the Meereen gang to Westeros

They can't CUT or MERGE the Greyjoys thats insanity! I can't seriously be the only one around here who believes Victarion on screen would be awesome and to be honest he'd be a really hollow character without the whole 'should or shouldn't I bury my axe in my brother's head' thing.

Yara/Asha has to GET to the Dreadfort first which is probably going to be easier said than done.

She can get turned around fairly quickly when Balon dies and they have the Kingsmoot.

Have you considered that if Bolton ambitions extend to the North + Iron Islands, Yara might end up being Ramsay's bride in Season 5?

Yara goes to rescue Theon, but Theon ends up rescuing her? A little crackpot, but I think they'll look to minimize any Ironborn screen time that doesn't directly link up to main plot lines.

This would rush everything too much. theres too much story content to fit 2/3rd of ADWD and AFC in one season as well and a third from ASOS. How would they get Tyrion to Dany this season...I hope Drogon flies off with Dany in S5 and then Vicatarion can arrive in S6 to take the Meereen gang to Westeros

I think the showrunners are going to play around with the timelines. I could see Tyrion end season 4 escaping from Kings Landing and begin season 5 near Mereen/Yunkai (depending on if the cities are merged). I know its a massive divergence from the books, but I really think D and D are going to have to make some massive changes to AFFC and ADWD if they are to finish the series in 7/8 seasons.

Everybody whined about the Talisa/Jeyne Westerling change, until we saw what the final result was, and it only made the RW that much more brutal and shocking for a TV audience.

Uh, no, quite a few people still think that change was stupid and completely missed the point of the story.

She can get turned around fairly quickly when Balon dies and they have the Kingsmoot.

Or they're not going to have the Kingsmoot because it's a fairly pointless sideshow.

I think the showrunners are going to play around with the timelines. I could see Tyrion end season 4 escaping from Kings Landing and begin season 5 near Mereen/Yunkai (depending on if the cities are merged). I know its a massive divergence from the books, but I really think D and D are going to have to make some massive changes to AFFC and ADWD if they are to finish the series in 7/8 seasons.

There will definitely be a good amount of AFfC/ADwD material next season so they can wrap books 4/5 by the end of season 5. They will try to reduce the amount of additional threads (Quent? Aeron?) and "stash" some characters (Bran in Bloodraven's cave, Dany in the Dothraki Sea with Drogon) for extended periods to clear space. So I think Bran reaches Bloodraven next season, Daznak's Pit as early as 502-503 (some have suggested 410!) And the Battle of Fire from TWoW (Meereen) in 509-510.

They still probably use ASoS climaxes for the end of S4, but a lot of Feast/Dance stuff will have happened already.

Have you considered that if Bolton ambitions extend to the North + Iron Islands, Yara might end up being Ramsay's bride in Season 5?

Yara goes to rescue Theon, but Theon ends up rescuing her? A little crackpot, but I think they'll look to minimize any Ironborn screen time that doesn't directly link up to main plot lines.

Thats actually a really good theory I hadn't considered yet. However, it would be a big change from the book. The whole point of Ramsay's marriage to fakeArya was to unite the frayed (or is it Freyed, lol) North behind a Stark, and no one would believe Yara was a Stark. Maybe he tries to unite the North by taking care of the Iron Born, and Yara might be able to help with that, depending on how they deal with the Kingsmoot.

Archived