(Book Spoilers) It appeared to me from the end of S03E10...

Tywin Smokin a Blunt

Yara would kill Ramsay if he tried anything though.

As Ugashep said earlier in response to this , Ramsay might come down with a bad case of axe in balls.

It would work for the Bolton-Frey-Manderlay- Baratheon conjunction at Winterfell, and fairly well for Theon's arc, but it would do nothing to bait Jon (and by extension, Mance) down from the Wall. So that's a problem.

I think the Kingsmoot requires a minimum of three contenders- Euron, Victarion, and Yara. If Yara goes to the North and doesn't come back, the Kingsmoot doesn't exist. Euron usurps the Seastone Chair, end of story. If there's a Kingsmoot 2.0 in the books, the show just has a Theon-reclaiming-his-birthright arc. Or not.

I doubt that will happen. In Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things, Tyrion tells Theon: "I still remember seeing my father's fleet burn in Lannisport. I believe your uncles were responsible."

I thought about that as well. However, the Inside HBO book with just Balon and Euron has come out since that episode aired. They could easily ret-con that by having it told that there was another brother but that he died in the time since the Greyjoy rebellion. I don't want them to merge the Greyjoy brothers but that book worries me, the omission of any brother but Euron from the family tree had to have been deliberate and it had to have been reviewed for approval by some higher ups before it went out. It seems to me that it would be a lot easier for a "uncles" instead of "uncle" to make it into a season 1 script than a full on family tree in the Inside HBO book. Hopefully we at least get Victarion in addition to Euron but Aeron would also be comic relief if he is half as cheesy on the show as he is in the books.

If D&D know where the iron born story is going they can determine whether they need Victarion. Euron is surely a given.

If Euron just pillages or bides his time until Victarion comes back, at which point Euron kills Victarion and Victarion is just a sucker then they could get rid of Victarion and just have Euron in his place as for tv that makes sense and we get to know the Euron character better.

If Victarion has a distinctive role to play then they'll probably have to cast both. I don't think we know enough yet to decide either way.

Aeron is the narrator for the iron islands and he's going to be cut - like Areo Hotah

Archived