[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

espec22

Hey guys!

Give me something on this thread!

Please!

It is still weeks from when I will be able to show the show to my father and so talk to the only unsullied I know about it!

Yeah there was a very strong reaction to Robb-Wind even if most of them didn't even realize what was going on until I said "that's Robb, y'all", then came a chorus of "what the fuck!"s and "whhhyyy"s and groans and the like. A couple of us (surprise surprise, the ones who have read the books) were a little underwhelmed by the ending but they seemed to think it was pretty rad so who knows

also several of them are of the definite opinion that Stannis is a wishy-washy dude who's completely in the clutches of Melisandre, like King Theoden & Saruman in LOTR: The Two Towers style. hahaha

My (the non-reader one) roommate ended up crying at like three different parts that I saw, namely Robb-Wind/Arya, Theon's scene, and then Daenerys and "mhysa". She's a gentle, sensitive type, and sometimes I feel guilty for even introducing her to this often-brutal show even if she's really into it now. :x At least the last cry was a happy one, I guess?

Looking forward to my mom's reaction tomorrow, of all people. she always texts me when she watches the episode and she makes the most hilarious oddball predictions

My brother finally realized that the Freyed symbol on King Robb's war map was for Roose Bolton's men. He was like, it all makes sense now because he said he got confused about how Robb would know where Theon Greyjoy was...

Honestly, I don't know how to convince them to keep watching now. I had them all convinced something good was coming, some kind of revenge, I was certain LS would appear. So I told them all to keep watching, and now they're more depressed.

My Unsullied hubby is continuing his theme of Arya is crazy and only going to get crazier. I think he actually liked Sam this episode, which I was happy about b/c he's been talking bad about Sam for awhile. He's definitely excited about Asha Greyjoy and he's hoping Tywin and Joffrey die. lol

They definitely planted in the Unsullied heads that Bran is the key to victory. I can't remember if it's my Dad or my Husband, but one of them thinks that Jon should have nothing to do with the NIght's Watch and that Sam will tell Jon about Bran and he'll go after Bran. Oh my Dad changes his how Joffrey will die theory all the time, but this week he's convinced that someone will sneak into Joff's rooms and take care of him. But basically - he has got to die!

"Sansa is stupid, I don't even bother to listen to her talk." when I asked him to repeat what she said b/c I missed one of her lines. :frown5:

They all want the old Frey guy to die. We also saw a street sign over the weekend that had the name "Frey" in it and started laughing.

During the Balon scenes, my unsullied wife said, "who the f are these people"? It's been to long since the prior visit on the Pyke, and they are presumably about to kill off Balon. Why did they bother?

During the Balon scenes, my unsullied wife said, "who the f are these people"? It's been to long since the prior visit on the Pyke, and they are presumably about to kill off Balon. Why did they bother?

I think they didn't kill Balon yet to push the Kingsmoot near the end of season 4 (or the beginning of season 5, which is similar to how Feast started).

Your wife sleep through season 2? There's no good way to reintroduce the Iron Islands, but its really the fault of the show for not mentioning them at all this season until the finale.

Your wife sleep through season 2?

No, but to her defence, for an unsullied, there was no Pyke at all during S3, and all of a sudden, last episode, here's Balon. Did you miss me?

Oddly enough my unsullied friends really liked this episode, whereas I thought it was a bit of a letdown from a climactic perspective. The most interesting thing someone asked me was "How is he taking that?" with regard to Tywin's admission of Tyrion's birth and his wants/whims...He now thinks Tyrion is going to kill his father and end up a drunken mess.

My friend squealed when Dany entered the crowd of freed slaves, thought one of them might kill her. The Red Wedding has really put the unsullied on edge lol.

Lol. My Unsullied left the room when Igritte shot her first arrow at Jon, they are really on edge, and D&D trolled them even more in this episode :))

It seems the general consensus is: unsullied liked the finale. Book readers were generally underwhelmed by it. My boyfriend will watch tonight and he's a staunch Jon Snow/Ygritte and Dany fan so I'm betting he'll like it as well.

Yes, but there's a reason for that, if you look t the preview tread, most readers were expecting something "big" to happen this episode, to name some: Lady Stoneheart, Coldhands, Balon's death, Dany learning about Jorah's betrayal and exile him, Jaime/Cersei reunion (not in the book yet, but the preview show them togheter) etc. none of those things happen and was a bit of a letdown.

Unsullied on the other hand weren't expecting anything, so they took what D+D give them, it was good, they enjoy it, end of story lol

Well, I re-watched 'Mhysa' with my unsullied friends and they liked the episode overall but didn't seem excited for next season.

Last year after the finale they couldn't stop talking and speculating about it but this time they just seemed relieved it was over. They are really depressed (Arya's dark turn didn't help) and still not over the RW. With the war 'over' and apparently no venegance for Ned in sight they seem lost... one of them jokingly said that now he's « rooting for the Ice-zombies.»

They loved Davos, Bran, Sam and the Council scene but were annoyed by Jon/Ygritte, perplexed by the scene between Jamie/Cersei, hated Stannis and found Dany's Mhysa moment funny ... they couldn't stop laughing.

During RobbWind's scene I refused to look at the screen ( one time is enough ) so I watched their faces and I could pinpoint the exact moment, after the initial confusion, they realized that that was Robb's body and Arya was watching. The adjectives horrified and outraged aren't enough to describe them. I think they conied some new swear words and invented new kind of tortures every time a Frey, Bolton or Lannister appeared onscreen.

Archived