[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

espec22

Lolwut

I've seen so many Unsullied viewers saying stuff like "I HOPE DAENERYS' DRAGONS EAT WALDER FREY LOL". As if Daenerys cares about the Starks. But who can blame them? They haven't said a word about Daenerys wanting to make the Starks pay, nor her reaction to Ned's death.

Is he/she actually hoping for that?

Why not? Because in the show Sansa and Tyrion are a happy married couple, and no doubt Tyrion will console Sansa about the RW and she'll confess her undying love for him. :bang:

I've seen so many Unsullied viewers saying stuff like "I HOPE DAENERYS' DRAGONS EAT WALDER FREY LOL". As if Daenerys cares about the Starks. But who can blame them? They haven't said a word about Daenerys wanting to make the Starks pay, nor her reaction to Ned's death.

Dany may blame Ned Stark for overthrowing her father but I can't see her teaming up with the Freys. I think she will consider them pieces of shit and give them Fire and Blood, besides the Freys are firmly in the Lannister/Tommen camp now which marks them as Dany's enemies anyway plus if Dany does indeed ally with Jorah again and Tyrion I doubt they'll tell her good things about old Walder.

I told my unsullied roommate (the only one of my nonbook reader finders who can actually follow everything) a long time ago that some people believe the Song of Ice and Fire refers to Jon as Ice and Dany as Fire and the song is their love ballad and that its they who will save westeros.

then i pointed out that both Jon was lifted up at Castle Black and Dany was lifted up in front of Yunkai. Now he is making is own crackpot theories.

Over all my unsullied friends like it but I constantly have to remind them who everyone is..... so frustrating.

Jesus this is probably the most frustrating, All the unsullied i talk to about the show want Sansa to be with Tyrion now.

Pretty much, apparently this is my mom hahaha. Luckily she doesn't know what "shipping" is or whatever (i wish i didn't either after some of the stuff i've seen here alone, thx internet) but she's so relieved Sansa ended up with Tyrion.

Also my Unsullied roommate pretty much called a future twist, I feel a little weirdly proud of her. (Basically she said "there's no way all of the dead of that wedding are going to stay that way with Thoros being in the same general area", haha. I think I kept a pretty good poker face.)

Jesus this is probably the most frustrating, All the unsullied i talk to about the show want Sansa to be with Tyrion now.

TBH there are some readers who think that way :ack:

Well, god damn.

All of the Unsullied I've asked about Dragonstone like Melisandre more than Stannis. They think, rightfully I suppose, that she at least believes in her cause and is trying to do the right thing, even if it takes evil actions.

We shall see, come the dawn, we shall see...

After the Wall and the Meereenesse knot we shall see were their loyalty relies

Husband thought the wide shot showing the extent of the massacre was a good plot point-he felt last week it was 'just' the Starks being killed in the hall mostly. He was upset at the Robbwind/Arya scene (well, it was upsetting) although he loved Arya getting all badass. he is convinced there will be more shadow babies for some reason. He was pleased to see Yara back and thinks Jon is a fool for leaving Ygritte behind. He had sussed about the Boltons but doesn't understand why Ramsey is doing what he's doing. He thought Cersei wasn't as pleased as she should be that Jaime was back.

Why not? Because in the show Sansa and Tyrion are a happy married couple, and no doubt Tyrion will console Sansa about the RW and she'll confess her undying love for him. :bang:

Yeah, and then Tyrion will turn into an angel and smote down all of the wrong in the world! OMG, THEY'VE RUINED GOT?!?

I watch with 2 unsullied guys, my husband and a friend.

They were wtf about Robb-wind, but not nearly as torn up over as I was when I read it.

Baffled with Stannis and his quick decision flip. They think he's completely whipped by Mel.

One was upset about Jon leaving "the hot redhead". He still hopes they will be reunited. I poker faced as best I could for that one.

They loved the Arya scene where she killed a Frey bannerman. They LOVE Sandor and thinks he's the man.

Liked the Rat King story. I believe one of them said "That old guy is fucked then"

They thought Sam and Gilly coming up the way they did through the well was lame and the scene of Bran and co walking out the tunnel worse.

As far as Dany scenes go they are at the point where all they want to see is the Unsullied battle people. My friend wants to see Dany naked and is dissapointed if she isnt lol.

All in all they liked the episode though. I hope "liked" is enough to keep people coming for season 4.

My friend that I watch it with weekly was as unsatisfied as I was. Very lame finale (IMO) and he said he prob won't watch it next season. I doubt he'll stick to that...but he was less than excited about the ending. They really gave the unsullied nothing to look forward to regarding LS or PW or any of that. They don't suspect anything amazing to happen at this point.

Someone I know was underwhelmed with the finale, saying this season was overhyped as The Season - that encouraged him to subscribed to HBO so he won't be left behind watching the best show yet on tv. But after the last episode, the show (hopefully just this season) was just a meh to him.

On a happy note, my bff can't wait next year for season 4 hoping for some Lannisters to do a grand exit.

My friends loved the last episode. I was of course a little under-whelmed.

They all agreed that this is a show that can last for 20 seasons! The reason: every season is a self-contained story. There are barely loose ends! My friend said she was happy she wasn't left without the proper closure. And I think I agree (not about the 20 seasons part but...).

Now,

They were happy about Yara and the Greyjoy/Bastard of Bolton closure.

We all agreed that Jaime and Cersei are probably the best couple. They poured me with questions about the future of their relationship.

They HATE Walder Frey, but look forward of seeing the new uprising figure of Roose Bolton.

They are convinced that Joff is gonna die...

All of them were unsatisfied of no Tyrell closure. They wanted Margaery on screen.

They cried at Jon's scene with Ygritte.

And finally although we all got goosebumps and smiles on our faces for Dany's ending, we all laughed and agreed upon the fact that the whole bird-view shot was like a United Nations/UNICEF commercial against racism.

AND FINALLY, a friend of mine that pretty much likes the show, but it's not obsessed with exclaimed this:

HIM: OMG! I JUST FOUND A MISTAKE IN THE SHOW!

ME: What?

HIM: See how old Bran is now? And he wasn't much younger in the first season, right? We are talking a year or two older right?

ME: Yes, where are you going with this?

HIM: Well how is it possible for Bran to have aged so little and Joffrey so much?

ME: I don't understand, Joff has aged a bit from the first season.

HIM: How? I remember in the pilot episode Cersei having sex with her brother and conceiving Joff (he was born shortly after) while Bran caught them? How did Joff got older so fast, and Bran so little!

I couldn't stop staring at him! Am I that nerdy over GOT? Or has this show became very complicated?

Archived