[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking

Tyrion4President

Not sure why we haven't had this thread posted yet but i guess ill start my own. Ya'll know the rules....and ill begin

Hodor was hilarious like he always is. Love the fact that hes getting more "Hodors" per episode.

Love how Jon can take 3 arrows and still escape yet Robb could barely stand after lol

Arya was great, love the dynamic between her and Sandor.

Joff trying to take pot shots at Tywin and yet still has that look of fear in his eyes any time he talks to him.

"You just put the most powerful man in Westeros to bed without his supper"

Theon/Ramsay scenes are always a plus.

im sure theres more i cant think of off the top of my head...

Random King's Landing ladies giggling flirtatiously as Pod the Sex God trundles awkwardly past them.

Everyday more Hodoring.

Bran/Sam scene.

Story of the Rat Cook.

Robbwind. Horrible but effective.

Arya's tricks followed by vicious murder.

Davos/Gendry chitchat scene.

Davos/Shireen reading scene.

Tywin scaring the crap out of Joffrey. "I'M. NOT. TIRED." *scaredface*

The whole council meeting! Also the Davos and Gendry scene where they were talking about Flea Bottom was very touching. Sam and Bran too, and the Rat Cook story. And when the Hound threw Arya behind him to kill the Frey men :bowdown: :bowdown:

Also I loved Brienne's face to Jaime when they got to KL.

The whole Arya and the Hound scene with the Freys. And then the Hound sitting down to enjoy the leftover meal, as if nothing out of the usual just took place.

Seeing Maester Aemon again.

Hodor having some fun, calling his name down the tunnel and giggling at the echo.

Tywin and Joffrey. Enough said.

I liked Arya's creepy child voice!

The whole Arya and the Hound scene with the Freys. And then the Hound sitting down to enjoy the leftover meal, as if nothing out of the usual just took place.

Sandor is always hungry!

I liked Yara a lot too. I can kinda imagine how they'll make her storyline converge with the book in a season or two, while giving her interesting things to do.

The whole Davos storyline made me happy. I was glad that they showed Melisandre getting new information and changing her mind. She's not omniscient and she's not pigheadedly stupid; it is easy to overestimate or underestimate her.

-My name is Reek. FUCK YES. And now we start arguably the best arc in the entire series. Iwan Rheon is getting crazier with each episode, and it's fantastic

-Roose and Walder

-Rat Cook story - shows how bad it is to break guest right and foreshadows Frey Pie

-Small Council scene

-Tyrion and Tywin - the show can be iffy with their writing, but their writing for Tywin scenes is generally spot-on. I loved how they showed how Tywin rationalizes his actions, and Dance's line delivery was fantastic

-I liked Tyrion/Cersei, but it wasn't really needed for a finale IMO

-Correcting the plothole where Sam left the dragonglass behind

Ramsey torturing Theon with the sausagecock was priceless. Only thing that could have made that better is if he had forced Theon to eat part of it while thinking it was his dick.

On a side not I think its telling that both threads about positive nitpicks are a single page while the negative thread is multiple pages. Overall the writers really dropped the ball on this one, and too many pointless changes and omitions.

Roose Bolton (well, Michael McElhatton) fake smile. He does the same to Cat when she says, during the Red Wedding, "Oh, Ned forbade it..."

Gilly being very cute in her ignorance once again. "M-master" "Maester".

Davos and Gendry dialogues.

Show-Ramsay being cooler than book-Ramsay.

Hodoooooooooooooooooor.

YarAsha Greyjoy scene. I know it was a bit corny, but I can't resist when the Greyjoy's theme (Pay the Iron Price & What is Dead May Never Die) plays.

- Roose and Walder was awesome, I know it`s wrong, but I laughed so hard at Walder`s "Here`s to the Young Wolf, AWW"

- Ramsay and Theon, probably my favorite scene from the episode, Iwan Rheon was an excellent choice for Ramsay

- the entire small council meeting

- the Rat Cook story

- Arya and Sandor

- I also liked the scene from the Iron Islands

Love how Jon can take 3 arrows and still escape yet Robb could barely could stand after lol

A crossbow would be more powerful than that little bow Ygritte had and Jon was armoured. Either way the arrows were ridiculous. If Jon is not hospitalised for weeks next series it will be ubsurd.

A crossbow would be more powerful than that little bow Ygritte had and Jon was armoured. Either way the arrows were ridiculous. If Jon is not hospitalised for weeks next series it will be ubsurd.

While a crossbow is all or nothing in terms of stopping power, an arrow from a bow has the option of control, so Ygritte always had the option of not actually going for the kill, an comparing Robb with Jon, the crossbow bolts went through and through, while the arrows just had the tip stuck in somewhat less fatal areas of the body (Shoulder blade, posterior abdominal wall perhaps and the flank of the leg). That situation was, although convinient, very much possible.

Hodor!!!!!!!!

There were other things in the episode I'm sure! Erm... oh yes:

- Hodor

- Davos with Gendry (x2) Davos with Shireen.

- Tywin vs Jeoffry

- Arya/The Hound

- Ramsay. Iwan is playing him so well that it's annoying as I now love the character.

Agreed that it was good to see Melisandre burn the paper and change her mind. I think a lot of people underestimate her but she is always clear that the flames don't like just sometimes they can be misinterpreted.

Archived