Will Theon kill...[Book Spoilers]

Spidey

So, with Balon still alive and Mel and Stannis not giving a shit about the leeches anymore anyway, there's no reason to have Balon die in a timely fashion now. Meaning, they could let him live for the entire next season.

(It certainly would remove the need for the Kingsmoot and also the casting of Euron, Victarion and Aeron)

So that got me thinking...

Yara is on here quest to free Theon now. What she doesn't know is that he's been brainwashed by Ramsay. So what if Ramsay wants the Ironborn to free him?

They succeed and take Theon back to Pyke. Yara then leaves for Deepwood Motte, leaving Theon with his father.

In the dramatic conclusion of Theons season four arc, he then confronts his father, pushes him of the bridge and returns to the Dreadfort, his transformation into Reek finally complete.

I honestly don't know how I feel about that. I hope he doesn't do that because that would ruin the Kingsmoot. Everyone thinks Theon to be dead. I think Asha/Yara will attempt to go to the Dreadfort, be held back by Bolton forces or she hears of Balon's death and has to turn back.

It's all speculation at this point. But your theory is at least plausible. Although I hope that's not what they do.

Honestly, I want the show to pretend that the Asha/Yara thing didn't happen. Because quite frankly, it reeks of stupid.

Why is it stupid? She's not going to lay siege to the Dreadfort or assault the castle with those 50 men, but raid the castle in the middle of the night, take Theon and leave. It's a rescue mission, you don't take an army to do that. That makes enough sense to me. But I also don't want them to follow it through. I want the Kingsmoot to happen just like in the book (with the exception of Aeron, who I wouldn't mind if they cut from the show, given that his role can be given to any random drowned priest) and I want Asha/Yara to be there.

I don't think Theon would ever kill his father for Ramsay if they were both safe in Pyke.

And we know that craven Balon wouldn't leave his island for anything in his life. I think he didn't even fight in his own rebellion.

aside from the other theories here, I think it's possible to have Asha/Yara to get captured on the way/held back or whatever and end up with stannis while the death & kingsmoot goes on without her

And we know that craven Balon wouldn't leave his island for anything in his life. I think he didn't even fight in his own rebellion.

I honestly don't know how I feel about that. I hope he doesn't do that because that would ruin the Kingsmoot. Everyone thinks Theon to be dead. I think Asha/Yara will attempt to go to the Dreadfort, be held back by Bolton forces or she hears of Balon's death and has to turn back.

It's all speculation at this point. But your theory is at least plausible. Although I hope that's not what they do.

I love both of your avatars by the way x)

If you cut out Euron, that leaves no ties to Daenerys' arc and makes the whole ironborn storyline pointless.

You say that as if it were a bad thing.

I honestly don't know how I feel about that. I hope he doesn't do that because that would ruin the Kingsmoot. Everyone thinks Theon to be dead.

In terms of continuing the Greyjoy bloodline, he IS dead. He can't produce heirs anymore. So the Kingsmoot will still make sense. I just don#t get why people expect it in season four. We're still in ASoS, guys.

Safe the casting calls for Euron and Victarion for season five.

I just don#t get why people expect it in season four. We're still in ASoS, guys.

People expect it in S4 because that's what makes sense. Consider:

• The Kingsmoot takes place during the latter half of SOS anyway, the chapters are just placed in AFFC.
  • It gives the Ironborn something to do that isn't filler and doesn't require pointless book deviations.
  • It avoids a massive bloat of characters in S5, with the Ironborn + the Dornish. Which was a big problem in AFFC.

But instead it seems we're getting a filler arc for S4, and then the show will either die under the weight of new characters in S5, or the Ironborn will be cut entirely. Neither of which is good. It just baffles me that virtually an entire forum - this forum, no less - can come to a unanimous decision on something like this, and the only people who disagree and have other ideas are the ones in charge of the show. So frustrating.

I know you're just kidding, but I have a good feeling that Euron has a big part to play in the future. The kingsmoot was a real game-changer, since not only does it introduce another wild card, but Euron is the only king in Westeros that's directly addressing Daenerys.

People expect it in S4 because that's what makes sense. Consider:

The Kingsmoot takes place during the latter half of SOS anyway, the chapters are just placed in AFFC.

However, since Balon hasn't died on the show yet, the Kingsmoot is automatically delayed.

It avoids a massive bloat of characters in S5, with the Ironborn + the Dornish. Which was a big problem in AFFC.
Since none of the Ironborn and important Dorne characters die, that bloat will happen anyway.

But at least in season five it would be easier to handle since the final stretch of AsoS thins out the cast significantly. (Joffrey, Tywin, Oberyn, Gregor, Shae, Lysa, Beric)

In terms of continuing the Greyjoy bloodline, he IS dead. He can't produce heirs anymore. So the Kingsmoot will still make sense. I just don#t get why people expect it in season four. We're still in ASoS, guys.

Hmm...that is true. But I don't know why they wouldn't expand more on the Greyjoys since Balon dies around that time period. And I think it's safe to say that they could include some scenes with Aeron or Victarion so they can move forward swiftly with the Kingsmoot. There's an interesting history within the family. And it would be cool to expand upon so that it doesn't come off as rushed.

Better question is why not? ;)

Sorry man, but I would absolutely hate this. I'm pretty damn worried they have been thinking of dropping the Kingsmoot scene altogether, so this would just be way too much of a change.

IMO what would be better is if we would've gotten a quick scene in the Season 3 finale of Jaqen grabbing Balon, saying "Valar Morghulis", and throwing him off the bridge.

If you cut out Euron, that leaves no ties to Daenerys' arc and makes the whole ironborn storyline pointless.

Thus allowing the GoT producers to cram less of AFFC and ADwD into Season 5. Euron and Victarion have never been mentioned or alluded to on the show for a reason. They were planned to be cut from the very start.

But instead it seems we're getting a filler arc for S4, and then the show will either die under the weight of new characters in S5, or the Ironborn will be cut entirely. Neither of which is good.

Nothing the show does will ever please you, so might as well pick the lesser of the two evils: cutting the Greyjoys.

Archived