Will Theon kill...[Book Spoilers]

Spidey

I thought the Ironborn attacking Dreadfort sounded familiar. Then I remembered this old A Feast for Crows blurb published on Amazon in 2002.

That sounds amazing.... but how much of that is even remotely true? Maybe that was just a false trail or something?

Wow that's a crazy description. Did we just read an outline of the original combined version of AFFC/ADWD? And what the heck is "Starfell"? Even though it says "the day after A Storm of Swords" doesn't it kind of sound like that's post 5 year gap?

Makes me dream of a world where GRRM was able to self-edit and have some restraint and we got one awesome book instead of two mediocre ones.

Wow that's a crazy description. Did we just read an outline of the original combined version of AFFC/ADWD? And what the heck is "Starfell"? Even though it says "the day after A Storm of Swords" doesn't it kind of sound like that's post 5 year gap?

Makes me dream of a world where GRRM was able to self-edit and have some restraint and we got one awesome book instead of two mediocre ones.

Holy Hell. Hmm. Is that for certain a real blurb?

Starfall is the seat of House Dayne in Dorne.

• 1 month later...

I think Asha/Yara will receive word of the Kingsmoot while on her overly-dramatic rescue mission and she'll be like 'Ain't nobody taking my throne!' and return to the Iron Islands.

If that actually happens then the GoT writers need to be fired. What would even be the point of having that concocted Asha storyline if this happens?

So, with Balon still alive and Mel and Stannis not giving a shit about the leeches anymore anyway, there's no reason to have Balon die in a timely fashion now. Meaning, they could let him live for the entire next season.

(It certainly would remove the need for the Kingsmoot and also the casting of Euron, Victarion and Aeron)

So that got me thinking...

Yara is on here quest to free Theon now. What she doesn't know is that he's been brainwashed by Ramsay. So what if Ramsay wants the Ironborn to free him?

They succeed and take Theon back to Pyke. Yara then leaves for Deepwood Motte, leaving Theon with his father.

In the dramatic conclusion of Theons season four arc, he then confronts his father, pushes him of the bridge and returns to the Dreadfort, his transformation into Reek finally complete.

I could see #BenWeiss doing something blasphemous as this, but I hope they do not.

• 3 weeks later...

Thus allowing the GoT producers to cram less of AFFC and ADwD into Season 5. Euron and Victarion have never been mentioned or alluded to on the show for a reason. They were planned to be cut from the very start.

The names are not mentioned, but Tyrion does talk to Theon about his uncles.

The names are not mentioned, but Tyrion does talk to Theon about his uncles.

also they're quite important to storylines later on, from the sounds of moquorro's prophecy euron's gonna be a big part of dany's storyline and victarion is important for meeereen

So, with Balon still alive and Mel and Stannis not giving a shit about the leeches anymore anyway, there's no reason to have Balon die in a timely fashion now. Meaning, they could let him live for the entire next season.

(It certainly would remove the need for the Kingsmoot and also the casting of Euron, Victarion and Aeron)

So that got me thinking...

Yara is on here quest to free Theon now. What she doesn't know is that he's been brainwashed by Ramsay. So what if Ramsay wants the Ironborn to free him?

They succeed and take Theon back to Pyke. Yara then leaves for Deepwood Motte, leaving Theon with his father.

In the dramatic conclusion of Theons season four arc, he then confronts his father, pushes him of the bridge and returns to the Dreadfort, his transformation into Reek finally complete.

so this threads about balon, what a shame I was really hoping [book spoilers] would be killed off, he's so annoying

• 2 months later...

The only thing theon will be doing in season 4 is losing a finger or eating a rat every couple of episodes.

I've said it before but a few people didn't like the sound of it but I think theon will be left out quite a bit in season four so that his transformation in to reek will hit home a lot harder when he is revealed in season 5 and all the Bolton/winterfell stuff is happening.

That's just what I would like to happen though.

50 raiders from Yara's boat could possibly be 63 flayed Ironborn's replacement. I have no time to rewatch, but was there any mention of Victarion or Euron during the show? We only saw Damphair from Balon's brother.

That's actually a good idea about them being the replacement for the Ironborn Ramsay flays alive in aDwD. As for Vic and Euron, we haven't heard them be referred to by name, but in 1x4 when Tyrion is talking to Theon at Winterfell, he says, "I still remember seeing my father's fleet burn at Lannisport. I believe your uncles were responsible."

So unless D&D choose to ignore this and cut them, they have at least been confirmed to exist in the show-universe, which is a good thing to me, as I really love the Ironborn storyline.

Theon's season four arc should end either with him accomplishing his mission at Moat Cailin for Ramsay (and seeing all the flayed corpses as Roose returns to reunite with his bastard) or with Ramsay's marriage to FArya Stark

It is problematic that no Greyjoy Brothers have been cast yet

Archived