[Book/Show Spoilers] What will Stannis do next season?

Ser Luke.

Early next season we will have the Battle of CB and the death of Ygrette

Battle of the Gate will come soon after

then we get Slynt and Thorne vs Jon

Battle of the Wall will be mid season with Stannis

Then we Get Davos Heading off to WH and the NW / Stannis Story concludes with the election of the LC

I don't think the battle of castle black will be in the end of the season, but actually rather in the middle. We also have to be shown that jon becomes lord commander and so forth. But hopefully they just hide Stannis and company away until Mances victory seems certain and castle black seem doomed and then we see Stannis charging the wildlings. Perhaps a bit like this scene:

http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/orig/7727_orig.jpg

The fact that they have mentioned the Florents in 'Mhysa' could indicate that Selyse's family is going to become involved in the grand scheme of things. The way things appeared at the end of season 3, Stannis has more or less nothing left. No army (whereas in the books he still has a good portion of Florent men, Stormlanders, and Crownlanders left), no ships (Salladhor Saan apparently left Stannis' service after he dropped Davos on the island in the end of 'Valar Dohaeris' - at least I did not get the impression that Saan continues to serve Stannis), and no allies.

The Florents could be used to show that not everything is going as smoothly as one might think down in the Reach, and if they merge the Florents with the Redwynes (i.e. giving them the huge fleet of the Redwynes) Stannis could get both ships and men. This would also give Selyse something to do. Perhaps the Florent story could be started after Mace demands Brightwater Keep for House Tyrell at the beginning of season 4.

Sending Davos to treat with Manderly somewhat more early could make sense, however I'm not so sure how this could be done. With Tywin still alive and in power it makes little sense to try to convince a Northern lord to openly join Stannis. Especially not before Stannis has shown that he has balls by coming to the aid of the Night's Watch.

The Dragonstone ending feels completely anticlimatic to me. No 'arc' did end there, nor did the letter have the impression it was supposed to have (i.e. triggering Stannis' immediate reaction to leave Dragonstone for the Wall). The way I see it, they made it appear as if Stannis' new longterm goal might be to go to the Wall eventually (just as Roose Bolton's longterm goal is to take possession of Winterfell).

he'll go to the wall, fight with the watch and then head out to winterfell. he will be more definitive and in charge and will be much more of a badass. he was in a major funk after blackwater in the books as well so i'm not sure why people are losing it so much. he really picks up when he's in the north.

I particularly agree, after the blackwater stannis was also licking his wounds for a bit of time at Dragonstone. I'm thinking about the possibility if the showmakers wanted to picture Stannis this screwed up intentionally at the beginning to show his more badass and not ridicoulous side later on, in the next season.

God the Stannis crybabies are insufferable

Agreed. Given that I didn't particularly give a crap about Stannis or anything to do with Dragonstone until he came to the Wall, I'm pretty sure the show has been reflecting that as well. Until the Wall, Stannis' story just isn't that compelling and he doesn't have that much going on. Also, for those crying that the focus is more on Davos than Stannis...in the books we only view Stannis from Davos' POV. Davos is the main person in the Dragonstone chapters. Then at the Wall he only get Stannis from Jon's POV so I'm certain Stannis will take a back seat to Jon as well.

One thing I will say as a definitely improvement is the character of Davos. I thought he was incredibly dull in the books but Liam Cunningham has breathed life into the role and I actually enjoy him on the show.

I know that they are not more than 1300-1500 men, but the way things are depicted in the series all he has left are a few men-at-arms on Dragonstone (along with the ship Mel used to go to the Riverlands).

Adding the Florents could create some real tension if they give us Lord Alester's betrayal, and his subsequent burning. Selyse personally ordering/overseeing the death of her uncle (or father, if the show changes the grade of their relationship) could be interesting.

I hope he does more and more things different from the book character next season. Maybe he will hold Mel up in his arms on top of the Wall and say "I love this woman! I'm King of the World!" I love show Stannis and book Stannis just as much for different reasons, and I also love reading all the threads and comments about how Forum Poster #4567's life is ruined because the show they choose to watch is not meeting their imaginary guidelines on how Stannis should be adapted. It's win-win for me.

I've read the books three times.

And see, if you weren't a condescending cultist maybe you'd loosen up and realize most of Stannis' action are basically what they are in the show,

thought the road there is obviously simplified (it's a show, not a book, after all).

I mean, some people's reactions are just ridiculous.

"Stannis wouldn't sacrifice Gendry".

"Stannis wouldn't execute Davos."

"Stannis wouldn't laugh". (WTF btw)

etc etc.

Yes, his crossing over to the Light goes on faster in the show than in the books, but no UnSullied views him as weak or evil.

It's a guy who's had his army crushed and is desperate for something to give him a leg up on his enemies.

what a load of bullshit

while the end result might be the same changing the motivations completely utterly destroys the character from the books

it's as if Ned would have stabbed Robert in the first season, would you also say how come all those people complain, robert is dead, ned is acting king, it's exactly like in the books omg why do you complain!

thing is it's not just the end results that matter and while those are the same they completely, on purpose butchered Stannis on the TV show

was he willing to sacrifice Gendry/Edric? yes he was, but in the books only after all 3 kings were dead and after much debating and back and forth, in the TV show it is "robbs dead, bring out the torches"

was he willing to execute Davos? Yes for the crime of releasing a prisoner, but he saw what he had to do after Davos showed him the letter by the Nights Watch, in the TV show he is show the letter AND STILL WANTS TO KILL DAVOS it's only after Mel says no that he doesn't, which is a disgusting change and should never have been allowed to happen, but of course by now everyone that doesn't hate Stannis can see the sheer bias the show runners have against him, so i can't say I am surprised it did happen

it's not hard to grasp, so I doubt you don't get it, but it's due to your bias against Stannis that you can't acknowledge the massive problems with the adaptation in the TV show and how it ruins his character

as to the question

he will beg Mel for some more sex

he will win the battle after Mel tells him where to attack and how

he will oppress the poor poor wildlings, that monster

Early next season we will have the Battle of CB and the death of Ygrette

Battle of the Gate will come soon after

then we get Slynt and Thorne vs Jon

Battle of the Wall will be mid season with Stannis

Then we Get Davos Heading off to WH and the NW / Stannis Story concludes with the election of the LC

I really would love this, seriously but I think D&D will simplify all the battles down into one big battle, it will likely start like the battle at CB, the wildlings will try pour through the gate, the NW will hold them back and destroy the wildlings on the south side, Ygritte will die, then Stan will come up and destroy the wildlings from the rear on the north side of the wall. but maybe not, this is just IMO. I think the best we can hope for is a little CB battle then a large Stan-destroy battle.

it's as if Ned would have stabbed Robert in the first season, would you also say how come all those people complain, robert is dead, ned is acting king, it's exactly like in the books omg why do you complain!

Yea exactly. Couldn't have put it better.

Imagine a scene from the last season. Robb stark captures three tavern girls, rapes them, then stabs two of them brutally ( quick deaths ) and has the third boiled alive ( slow excrutiating death ) after that he hangs them and attaches a collar saying 'they lay with lions' all the while laughing mwahahahaha.

The end result is the same right? Starks killed some tavern girls. omg wy u complainz?

All right, so I'm pretty damn confused right now. I had predicted before I watched this episode Davos would smuggle out Gendry, and that's where his story would end.

But then Davos ALREADY tells Stannis about the letter to the Night's Watch. What the hell is Stannis going to be doing next season, waiting until episode 8/9 to show up at the wall?

I felt as a whole Season 3 was fantastic, but this last scene with Stannis potentially ruined a lot of his future storyline.

Any thoughts?

He'll show up at the wall during episode 4 or 5 and defeat the wildlings and then the rest of his time will be at the wall trying to get the north men to join him/tryign to force the NW to declare a new Lord Commander?

The way they're dealing with Stannis, next season he'll be something like:

'Fuck, I wanna kill some people. Where's that lil bitch Gendry, burn him, ah he's gone, fuck you Davos. So burning is evil, fuck, I'm evil, m8"

His story will probably follow the basic pattern, but he'll probably still be in Mel's pocket (even moreso without Davos by his side) and try to establish an authoritarian regime over the Night's Watch. He'll also probably be a dick to Jon.

Nope. he'll probably show up at the wall and declare HIMSELF lord commander! And then, Mel will turn into a Dragon and roast Jon alive! THEY'VE RUINED THE SHOW!

If he wasn't supposed to be on a redemption arc, he shouldn't have been a kinslayer that decided to burn a child alive in the books.

His story was much more complex than the silly redemption arc the show might be planning (I doubt it, I think they're going to keep fucking with him).

Archived