[Book Spoilers] Arya and Sandor

hajalie24

There is a big difference: Charlaine Harris does not work on True Blood, does not write an episode per season and is not required to give her approval of the storylines on the show, as far as I know, and they're not trying to include her in conventions etc. and to maintain the appearance that they're sticking to her 'vision'.

This may have a lot to do with the fact that, in terms of reputation, Alan Ball (American Beauty, Six Feet Under) >>>> Charlaine Harris, while Benioff & Weiss <<<<<<<< George R.R. Martin.

He writes an episode a year, but I think he has no powers of veto and does not approve storylines. He did say they could add aliens to it and there is nothing he could do about it, or something like that. Even in the episodes he does write, some of his scenes are cut out and replaced by ones the writers have invented.

He writes an episode a year, but I think he has no powers of veto and does not approve storylines. He did say they could add aliens to it and there is nothing he could do about it, or something like that. Even in the episodes he does write, some of his scenes are cut out and replaced by ones the writers have invented.

Yes, but they want him to be associated with the show and at least appear to be approving of it. He's been making comments that suggest he's unhappy with what they have been doing, but I don't think they would risk a complete public disassociation.

And I know about them cutting and replacing scenes - such as cutting some of the Sandor/Sansa stuff, and, at the same time, writing a Sandor/Bronn scene (naturally).

I agree, they don't want to totally depart from the books. GRRM lends a certain credibility to the show that would be lost if they did. They've already said their divergences are fanfic, if the whole thing was fanfic, I think they'd also lose whatever appeal the show has for the audience, apart from the hot mess appeal. Without GRRM's broader framework, the show would be a complete disaster, it's what's holding it together at present.

But the Hound's story, and Sansa's story, I can see them sacrificing that to their fanfic. Indeed, they already have to some extent, they're both empty shells now that they're stripped their motivations. They took the songs of knights and fair maidens from her, and really both of them, because that's what drew them together, and didn't replace it with anything. She never lost her love of stories in the books, that's what makes her Sansa.

She's telling a story right now for Mya/Lothor that sounds an awful lot like the one she's telling for Alayne/the Hound (he came to her in the night and took a song and a kiss and left nothing but a bloody cloak, she can still remember how his lips felt on hers...) That's Sansa making a choice in her thoughts and dreams, someone she wants, when Tyrion, Littlefinger, and everyone else are taking her choices away.

And Sandor is wandering the Riverlands regretting that he left her, bringing her up a dozen times, sobbing about her while dying, she's his motivation, too. Being fed up with the Lannisters, that came about because of his feelings for Sansa. On the show, I'm not sure why he said fuck you to the Lannisters, he could have made an excuse to not leave Joffrey's side. Joffrey knows all about excuses, and he sure as hell didn't want to lose the Hound.

Now she's regressed into infancy to make the propping up of Tyrion via Shae work, Shae is her babysitter, and she's telling poop jokes to Tyrion. It's like she's two years younger than the books, when she's two years older in the show. There's no motivation. And he is completely empty, I have no idea why show Hound is doing the things he does anymore. He's just in it for the money, nobody cares about him and he cares about nobody. He's nowhere man.

Archived