[Book Spoilers] Arya and Sandor

hajalie24

Or maybe they'll just cut out Braavos and have the Hound teach her the killing ways.. :cool4:

I seriously doubt that will happen, but to be honest I wouldn't have a problem with it.

The House of the B&W doesn't just teach killing. Increasing one's powers of observation through all the senses, service--doesn't mean I am pro serving the God of Death-, patience and much & more

Thanks, ladyinblack! :)

Weiss commenting on their last scene:

If you're going to kill people, at least let me know, so I can let you know whether in this case, killing people is really the best idea for a five foot nothing girl with a dagger and a coin. The fact that he doesn't question whether or not she should have done this thing says a lot about who he is, and there's something kind of weirdly sweet about that.

We'll also need to see the beginning of her Warging abilities

:agree: we need this for Jon too

I've lost a lot of interest in the show, they never seem to get into the story beneath the story (that's the part I like). When characters are apart, they seem to just forget about each other. What would make me more interested in watching next season is if they get into the motivations of the characters more.

One thing I really miss with Arya on the show is her connection to Jon Snow. And with Sandor, his connection to Sansa. But I did like their scenes together this season (I liked the humor especially, that was always there in the books, too).

yes the stuff in the bold I agree with the most, though I understand (and im sure 'Le Cygne' also does) that they cant always put the things that make it soo good in the series, its hard to portray lots on things through TV shows, we cant see whats inside actors head the way we can in books... but it still makes me sad...

its hard to portray lots on things through TV shows, we cant see whats inside actors head the way we can in books...

I don't know that it's all that hard. She hasn't mentioned him ONCE that I can recall. Gendry knows who she is, so does Sandor. So she can say his name around them. How about, "I wish I had the sword my brother Jon gave me." How hard was that, and how long did that take. They spent all this time on some really silly made up stuff, but not on the person Arya thinks about a dozen times? At least we got one mention of Sansa by Sandor, he brought her up a dozen times, too. I don't see that it's that hard, and it helps remind the viewers what's on their minds.

I expect Arya to leave Sandor as soon as she gets needle back. I don't think she will just walk off and leave him dying like she did in the books. Instead I see her taking needle and putting it through his eye and out the back of his head. Just like she promised to do in the show.

I expect Arya to leave Sandor as soon as she gets needle back. I don't think she will just walk off and leave him dying like she did in the books. Instead I see her taking needle and putting it through his eye and out the back of his head. Just like she promised to do in the show.

I'm afraid show Arya might do it. If this happens, the Elder Brother will just dig a grave and bury the Hound's body once he finds him.

One thing I've been thinking about is how Arya leaves Sandor. Seeing their relationship on screen makes it hard to imagine Arya leaving Sandor to die. The Red Wedding also is a lot more horrible for her on the show, considering she saw Robb's body and heard the others talk about killing her mother. Unlike the book where she held on to some hope until she had the wolf dream. This is what she said right before leaving him to die.

' “You shouldn’t have hit me with an axe,” she said. “You should have saved my mother.” She turned her horse and rode away from him, and never looked back once. '

Doesn't really fit with everything going on in the show, so how do you think this scene will happen?

Well she does clearly tell the Hound she's going to stick a sword (or knife can't remember) through his eye and out the back of his skull, and it looked like Sandor took her fairly seriously in that remark. She also managed to get his dagger away from him without his knowledge to kill that Frey bannerman so now it looks like Arya is a lot more dangerous and serious. I am sure they can change it around, in a moment of weakness she does not kill him. There's still compassion left in Arya and she's still young and weak yet - she hasn't gone through her FM training at this point. The scene will likely still be as it was in the books. I don't see her killing Sandor.

Which she said to him right before they went buddy cop movie on us. The guy that cut Mycah in half and laughed at it got talked down from killing someone by an 11 year old girl he is carrying as a hostage? He let her slide right off the horse why? She didn't say anything about him smacking her in the back of the head? No, their relationship now is definitely not the antagonistic one that led her to almost killing him and instead leaving him to die. They are almost mentor/mentee, a replacement for Syrio.

Hell no. They better not kill off Sandor. He's still alive in the books as far as I'm concerned (nobody tell me anything different!).

He's still alive in the books as far as alot of people are concerned. The Hound may be dead, but no Sandor.

He's still alive in the books as far as alot of people are concerned. The Hound may be dead, but no Sandor.

Sorta fresh from just reading the four books (haven't read Dance yet) but I feel so f'ing late with these theories. God, I just feel so behind right now... :blush:

One thing I've been thinking about is how Arya leaves Sandor. Seeing their relationship on screen makes it hard to imagine Arya leaving Sandor to die. The Red Wedding also is a lot more horrible for her on the show, considering she saw Robb's body and heard the others talk about killing her mother. Unlike the book where she held on to some hope until she had the wolf dream. This is what she said right before leaving him to die.

' “You shouldn’t have hit me with an axe,” she said. “You should have saved my mother.” She turned her horse and rode away from him, and never looked back once. '

Doesn't really fit with everything going on in the show, so how do you think this scene will happen?

I dunno, I think something similar will still happen. Arya's reluctance to kill Sandor isn't because she still felt hate for him, but because she grew to like him. Otherwise, she would have killed him. She just made up excuses to not do so when she left him to die.

Either way, i'm looking forward to their arc next season. Sandor & Arya was my favorite arc in the entire series and it'd be very hard for them to screw it up since they don't have to eliminate any tiertiary characters.

didn't see, didn't care, I read the books;)

I referred to someone pointing out the possibility that d&d might kill of Sandor instead of

leaving the possibility he survived (grave digger), just like they did with jeyne-equivalent Talisa.

Therefore the term backward-bookspoiler; the series (apparently) terminates branches of the

story that are yet to be continued in the books.

You just made my heart break in one million pieces. Monster! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

One thing I've been thinking about is how Arya leaves Sandor. Seeing their relationship on screen makes it hard to imagine Arya leaving Sandor to die. The Red Wedding also is a lot more horrible for her on the show, considering she saw Robb's body and heard the others talk about killing her mother.

I think it makes all the more sense now because the show made their connection stronger.

They were riding through fire and Stark corpses, both facing what they feared the most. They killed those Frey guys and then sit together for lunch, they held each other for support and they rely on each other for sustance.

I can't picture her trying to kill him now, I can't picture him urging her to do so also.

She'll probably use the same excuse, but this time? I do believe its an excuse,

They are family IMO, they have been one since her mom died.

Got some real fucking psycho-vibes from Arya's scene. She went into "innocent girl" mode when she begged for food, then switched in a second and shanked the cunt right in the fucking neck. Hardcore like a motherfucker, that's my girl. Didn't get nearly the same crazy feeling from book-Arya, but I'm loving it.

Which she said to him right before they went buddy cop movie on us. The guy that cut Mycah in half and laughed at it got talked down from killing someone by an 11 year old girl he is carrying as a hostage? He let her slide right off the horse why? She didn't say anything about him smacking her in the back of the head? No, their relationship now is definitely not the antagonistic one that led her to almost killing him and instead leaving him to die. They are almost mentor/mentee, a replacement for Syrio.

And I love it. Their chemistry is amazing. They're funny and there is a begrudging respect growing between them.

Archived