[Book Spoiler] Meet the Crow's Eye?

Targaryen loyalist

how would an unnamed character in an invented storyline be a "nod to book-readers"?

Well, he's the only Ironborn you really notice in that scene and he physically matches Euron, minus missing an eye versus scars over eye. Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me, but I could be totally wrong.

Honestly, I don't believe that the Iron Islands story will play all that big in the adaptation. If they add in the iron island plots to go along with Dorne (which is a must) and the rest of the already established plots, then you'll be skipping around to different characters so fast that the unsullied will lose interest. I think it very likely that once Balon dies, we'll have a couple scenes, one with Euron declaring himself King of the Iron Islands and one with him sailing toward Slavers Bay to claim his queen. I don't think they'll waste time on the King's Moot at all.

Well, he's the only Ironborn you really notice in that scene and he physically matches Euron, minus missing an eye versus scars over eye. Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me, but I could be totally wrong.

That's because he is obviously going to be the main companion in Yara's invented storyline next season. I thought at first, if anything, this could possibly be Victarion(I hope it's not, as you'd think one of Balon's brothers if they were going to be featured in a scene, wouldn't just be unnamed and leave the audience guessing). Kind of like the Drowned Man #1 who "baptized" (whatever they call it) Theon matches a visualization of Aeron almost perfectly, all the way from the booming voice, to the seaweed intertwined in his hair. That wasn't Aeron though.

That's because he is obviously going to be the main companion in Yara's invented storyline next season. I thought at first, if anything, this could possibly be Victarion(I hope it's not, as you'd think one of Balon's brothers if they were going to be featured in a scene, wouldn't just be unnamed and leave the audience guessing). Kind of like the Drowned Man #1 who "baptized" (whatever they call it) Theon matches a visualization of Aeron almost perfectly, all the way from the booming voice, to the seaweed intertwined in his hair. That wasn't Aeron though.

That if they continue with such invented storyline, because they may as well open with Balon dying and she having to change her plans, like, "If I can rule the Ironborn, we can definitely take down the Boltons"

I was thinking it might be Harras Harlaw or Qarl the Maid or some other Ironborn side character nod, but I don't really remember the Ironborn story enough to remember particulars.

I figured it was a nod that I just didn't pick up on. I can't remember how the side characters were described

No chance. That character was shown during Asha's voice-over where she mentioned 50 of the best swords. So he's likely just figurative to show she brought some tough men with her.

Besides, there is no way Euron (or Victarion) would participate in the rescuing of Reek, especially on a ship captained by a girl - and a niece at that. Even if Euron was willing to save Aeron's son, he'd have his own ship, his own crew and Asha wouldn't even be allowed onboard.

Honestly, I don't believe that the Iron Islands story will play all that big in the adaptation. If they add in the iron island plots to go along with Dorne (which is a must) and the rest of the already established plots, then you'll be skipping around to different characters so fast that the unsullied will lose interest. I think it very likely that once Balon dies, we'll have a couple scenes, one with Euron declaring himself King of the Iron Islands and one with him sailing toward Slavers Bay to claim his queen. I don't think they'll waste time on the King's Moot at all.

They've already been jumping around to various characters and now with Robb/Talisa/Cat dead there is no reason why they can't add the Iron Islands plot. Dorne is a must but not the Iron Islands? Not seeing the logic here.

I was thinking it might be Harras Harlaw or Qarl the Maid or some other Ironborn side character nod, but I don't really remember the Ironborn story enough to remember particulars.

I figured it was a nod that I just didn't pick up on. I can't remember how the side characters were described

More like Harlaw. Qarl the Maid is clean shaven son. One of the few Ironborn that is. Still interesting that they singled that character out in the scene.

Archived