Baratheon sigil - crowned Stag in The Hedgeknight

Inquisitor Glokta

There is no definite proof that any Lord is the father of his son without DNA evidence. There is no definite proof that Robert Arryn is the son of Jon Arryn. You can get crazy theories like Cat and Edmure having an affair, because we don't have DNA evidence.

As it stands Orys grew up in Dragonstone, was extremely close to the Targaryen family, apart from the sisters he was the only other person involved in ruling the kingdom and there were these rumours going on around the time. Now you provide any shred of evidence that the the rumour was not true?

Yes, but we have logic. No one sane would be able to explain Cat/Edmure incest and possible offspring when all Cat`s children got direwolves and are wargs. And as much as I can`t provide that rumor is false, you also can`t provide the proof it`s truth. At the end, rumor is just that, rumor, and you can`t proof it`s true.

Yes, but we have logic. No one sane would be able to explain Cat/Edmure incest and possible offspring when all Cat`s children got direwolves and are wargs. And as much as I can`t provide that rumor is false, you also can`t provide the proof it`s truth. At the end, rumor is just that, rumor, and you can`t proof it`s true.

Yes, but the way you completely dismiss it as baseless is the problem. Some rumours are more likely to be true than others. It's not as if there are not pictures of Orys about. Many people commented on how Daemon looked a lot like Aegon the Conqueror. Considering how Aegon only kept his family close and Orys growing up with the royal family, then this rumour has a lot going for it. We also have no other evidence about, who his father might have been. So it may not be a fact, but considering all the information we have it is the most probable thing to have happened.

Yes, but the way you completely dismiss it as baseless is the problem. Some rumours are more likely to be true than others. It's not as if there are not pictures of Orys about. Many people commented on how Daemon looked a lot like Aegon the Conqueror. Considering how Aegon only kept his family close and Orys growing up with the royal family, then this rumour has a lot going for it. We also have no other evidence about, who his father might have been. So it may not be a fact, but considering all the information we have it is the most probable thing to have happened.

I am not dismissing it as baseless. I am just drawing a line between facts and rumors. As I said, we can`t take rumors for truths until they are proven. Also, we know nothing of Orys`s parents, both mother and father. We don`t know whether there was something else in that story. We know just about rumor, and sometimes rumors aren`t true. To say it like a fact is to make a big mistake.

No they weren't? The Baratheon's are only related to the Stormkings through the female line and just took the banner and everything. I think since the Targaryen's practically made them, they would not put a crown on their sigil Oo

also that Orys baratheon was Aegon the Conqurer's half-brother.

The Baratheon's, like the Starks and Lannisters, can trace their ancestry to the Age of Heroes only through the female line. The crowned stag was the sigil in SE before the Conquest(under the Durrendon name) and it remained so after(uder the Baratheon name). And it's not like it's the only sigil with a crown on it.

Archived