AFFC and ADWD. A question of format.

So I understand that GRRM split the povs the way he did and there's nothing I can do about it. I have made my peace with that fact. But admittedly I find his decision to split them into two parallel books to be questionable at best for a few reasons.

1. While I enjoyed a feast for crows I think some of the new povs might have been easier to digest had they been interspersed with povs we already knew and loved.

2. The first three books were in chronological order. I understand that book four got huge and he had to split it. And I can even understand how splitting it into two parallel books is a neat idea. I just don't think the middle of an existing epic series is the right place to try it?

I don't know. It just kinda bothers me a bit. I think given a bit of time both books could be reedited into two chronological ordered novels without really losing anything important. Down the road, maybe.

For the record I did enjoy AFFC and I am a few chapters into ADWD.

• 2 weeks later...

I can attest to the Feast/Dragons merge that Sean Collins assembled on his Boiled Leather site. Without a doubt I enjoyed Feast much more on a re-read with DWD material peppered in. The only thing to keep in mind is that no one but GRRM really knows exactly how the timeline is supposed to go (and even he probably isn't 100% sure.)

Archived