Arya could get sent to kill Ramsay Bolton

Hi first off all, i know this is total crackpot and will most certainly never happen. But while thinking about the pink letter and it's possible author it occured to me, that Ramsay could manouver himself in to a very bad spot.

I will quote from the Theon sample, for this reason i made the thread in the TWOW section, so i can save myself a few spoilertags.

Let's get started:

We know Theon is with Stannis and that Ramsay is hunting for his bride and Reek.

"Lord Ramsay," Theon hissed. "The son, not the father. You must not let him take him. Roose... Roose is safe within the walls of Winterfell with his fat new wife. Ramsay is coming."

When Ramsay goes for a nice weekend hunting trip, he usually brings his bitches, to give him an advantage. Dogs need a source of smell and since Arya Stark is more important then Reek, it's fair to assume he would give them something of hers to sniff.

But where is fArya? She is on her way from Stannis camp (which lies somewhere between WF and Deepwood) to the CB.

Ser Justin put one hand on his sword hilt. "On my honor as a knight, you have my word."

"Oh, and take the Stark girl with you. Deliver her to Lord Commander Snow on your way to Eastwatch." Stannis tapped the parchment that lay before him. "A true king pays his debts."

So fArya is on her way to CB with the Iron Banker, who will be very important for the theory in a few moments.

Now that we got the ingredients, let's look at the possible outcome:

What if, by some mischance Ramsay's bitches catch Jeynes scent and he manages to take the group captive. He would probably outright kill all the men, while making a sport out of it. I do not think that Ramsay Snow has any idea what the Iron Bank is and what they can do.

It is also likely, that in such a case, they could find out, if Ramsay mysteriously got his bride back and a few black brothers vanish south off the wall (keep in mind that the NW wants some money from the bank too).

So how could all this possibly lead to Arya killing Ramsay?

The Iron Bank of Bravos should have good connections to the Faceless Men (of Bravos ;)). If the IB would need a target in Westeros more specifically WF killed, the most logical joyce or the FM would be Arya and she also would fullfil the 'not know the target' clause.

-She knows the castle like the back of her hand, since she grew up there afterall.

-She doesn't know Ramsay

This would be an excellent way to her right back into the story, where her assassin skills could be used for the war of dawn.

Any thoughts from you gals and guys?

I was about to call this crackpot... but!

If Ramsay in his usual psycho way offs an emissary of the Iron Bank, then I'm pretty sure they would want to make an example of him. The kind of example that is heard loud and clear across westeros and essos. a painful, unpleasant, drawn-out example - precisely the kind of thing Ramsay so richly deserves

I'm in for this :) There is a wrinkle though - Justin Massey ain't gonna make it to essos, therefore no swellswords for stannis.

The FM would think Arya is very likely to desert them if they send her to Winterfell.

Of course, that might be the reason they send her to Winterfell (with Izembaro to stab her in the back if she defects. She has gone too deep into the FM and knows quite a lot by now)

I didn't think the person needed to be in Braavos in the HOBAW to ask for the gift of the Many Faced God? I thought the person could be anywhere as long as a FM heard their prayer.

I have already thought about Ramsay Bolton as well, it seems quite unlikely, but he is someone Arya doesn't know and I don't doubt Theon Greyjoy has wished him dead more than once. The price for Theon's wish could be his own life, hence ending the Reek/Ramsay story line and bringing Arya in the centre of action.

It is true that Arya is only a child at the beginning of her training, but I believe sending her to a place she knows could be the ultimate part of her training: will she go back to being Arya Stark ot will she truly embrace the FM philosophy?

Anyway, Ramsay being Arya's target would be pretty ace in any case, even if, at the moment, it seems far-fetched

Too "storybook". Can't see GRRM going that route. I'm also not sold that Arya's "purpose" is that of an assassin. I understand this is the path she is walking, but I see her story being an arduous journey that is constantly filled with obstacles, reroutes, and destinations just out of reach. "It will be bittersweet" said Marting of the ending. I think Arya's will be one of the bitter, sadly.

More likely and simpler outcome -

Jeyne ends up in Bravos. Best place for her really.

Arya completes her training in/with Izembaro, then returns to Bravos. (lets say she is sent to kill Illyrio)

Jeyne finds out about the Faceless Men.

She goes and prays that someone kills Ramsay. They take her life (she was pretty messed up so its a mercy)

They send Arya to Winterfell to kill Ramsay Bolton.

Arya does the deed, but abandons the FM.

EDIT - This would take all of TWOW to play out, but would wrap up the Bravos story lines.

She'd need someone to make the trip to Braavos and make an offer to The House of Black and White first. Highly improbable and too coincidental, so I'd say no.

There is nothing too coincidental after Tyrion and Penny met again in Volantis.

How would the Iron bank find out that Ramsey had killed their emmissary. There are lots of ways a man could accidentaly die with winter storms on the sea wildings coming over the wall, the others marching south, Pirate kings, the ironborn on the rampage. It wouldn't be unusual to just disappear on as long a journey as this in the world they are living in

I don't see Jeyne Poole requesting help to kill Ramsay. Just like Theon, she is so broken that she thinks Ramsay untouchable. Their only fear is that they might be returned to Ramsay once more. Well, maybe not her only fear: Theon warned her that even worse would happen to her if anybody ever found out that she is not Arya Stark.

If she turns to the FM for help, she'll be looking for safety, for the ultimate escape - a peaceful suicide. That is what the FM offer at the Temple of Black and White, and many people take them up on that offer.

I never liked this theory that the FM have connections with the IB just because they're geographically close.

I could argue that all the money the FM get go to the bank, but that's an even longer shot lol

Archived