Random Question

Hi! New poster here. I'm on the third audio book. I watch the show and I don't mind spoilers so no worries by answering this question. I read either here or the wiki site that Bran dreams of Robert Strong (assumed). What book was this in because I don't remember it, or has it happened yet? I would just go back to where I read it originally but I can't find it now.

Hi and welcome to the forum! :cheers:

For the sake of those who don't want to be spoiled, I'll put it in spoiler tag, but you can click on it.

Bran's third chapter in AGOT (pages 162-163 US paperback edition) mentions a "giant in armor made of stone" and many theorize that this is Gregor Clegane/Robert Strong. You can read more about this prophecy in the Citadel, or search related discussions in the forum. I'll share you the link from the Citadel in case you haven't seen it.

Check it here.

Hi there and thanks so much for the info.

He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

Isn't it possible that the giant in armor made of stone is actually the guillotine. The "visor" being the blade? Does anyone know if this theory's been floated around? The only thing that I can't figure would be that I don't recall Jamie being there when Ned was beheaded. Other than that, it would fit the dream.

However, I prefer the other rumors floating around. I would love to see The Hound fight RS, with the aid of Jamie.

Archived