Book progress compared to tv show NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Decky87

I am reading A Storm of Swords on my kindle and am about 20% through but wondering how it compares to the tv series. I seen a lot of people saying OMG Game of thrones ending etc mad..... If i finish this book can i watch the whole series or does the tv season 3 run into book 4 because i know the ending of tv series 2 was the start of book 3.

Please no spoilers!!

If you want to enjoy the tv show, you better not read the books so your reactions to certain WTF moments will be pure sweet innocent eek, yuk, argh, boo and woot.

But if you already read the books, it would be hard not to be a book purist sometimes even if you say. "oh it's just an adaptation." Truth is, you'd want to scream at the showrunners why they made this character like this and like that though he/she not like this and like that in the books. Also, if they did not show certain events that happened in the books or they changed them to their own version, you're be in for a hell lot of nitpick without repercussions.

Anyway, it's your choice. The show is great as it is as long as you don't judge it using the book's pages by pages. The books are the best and no tv or film can truly brought it to life --- thank the gods for our imagination. And yeah, season 3 of the show is just half of ASOS so we only get half of the madness from that book and the rest will be on season 4.

Season 3 is the First half of Storm of Swords so s03 Episode 10 is halfway through the book althrough Theon isnt in book 3 at all so there are a few variations, and some stuff, i wouldnt wanna ruin, I would catch up to the show and then read halfway through the book.

Yes!! The TV season 3 runs into book 4!! Look at Theon Greyjoy.

I remember reading Storm of Swords and thinking that he died, but then... BOOM , big spoiler from de TV series and I'm watching Theon alive and being tortured by some guy :bang:

D&D deserve some :spank:.

• 6 months later...

Yes!! The TV season 3 runs into book 4!! Look at Theon Greyjoy.

I remember reading Storm of Swords and thinking that he died, but then... BOOM , big spoiler from de TV series and I'm watching Theon alive and being tortured by some guy :bang:

It doesn't run into book 4. It doesn't even reach the entirety of book 3, just about half of it.

Theon isn't in book 3 or in book 4. He's in book 5 (the events of which run concurrently with book 4), after he's already been tortured for about a year. The showrunners decided to show his torture instead, at the time when it chronologically happens.

• 3 weeks later...

I am reading A Storm of Swords on my kindle and am about 20% through but wondering how it compares to the tv series. I seen a lot of people saying OMG Game of thrones ending etc mad..... If i finish this book can i watch the whole series or does the tv season 3 run into book 4 because i know the ending of tv series 2 was the start of book 3.

Please no spoilers!!

Always. Keep. Reading. I see a ton of posts like this where people constantly weight which is better, tv show or books.

Never stop reading. Even when youre done. Reread. Thats what im doing now.

Books slaughter the show. You read that book, and you enjoy it. Not that the show is bad, because it isnt, far from it. Just, just keep reading.

Archived