[BOOK SPOILERS] If they were to cast Jeyne Poole

Sopranos With Swords

I know she's quite minor, and Its definitely up for debate whether they write her in at all, but I think she serves as a great plot device for the north men, Theon and the Boltons. I'd love them to keep Roose in next season, and give Iwan & Alfie some good material so it isn't just a repeat of this season's scenes. I liked the scenes, I just thing it would be a bit old to do it all again next season.

So, that in mind - who will they cast as Jeyne Poole, or will they just find an extra with acting ability who looks vaguely like Maisie or use the actress from S1? Or, of course, cut her completely?

So many people are coming up with silly suggestions, I heard someone suggest Asha/Yara (Ashara?) the other day, which was maybe worse than all those Ros suggestions that have finally been quelled thanks to Joffrey. I think the only logical choice, outside of actually casting someone as Jeyne Poole, would be to combine the character with Alys Karstark.

Think about it: they're both of the North and have Stark heritage, the audience is already familiar with the Karstark's, Alys came to Winterfell often in an attempt to get a betrothal to Robb so Theon would know her (maybe... Jon knew her). Basically, I can see her uncle hatching a plan with Roose Bolton that benefits them both. Here's a girl who thinks she's going to marry a nice husband (the eventual Lord of Winterfell). When she becomes Ramsey's wife, she see's how horrible he is, her uncle gets control of Last Hearth, and Bolton can have a better reign over the North after using Reek to convince everyone she is Arya.

Thinking about it beyond that hurts my head.

I know, they're pretty out there - but if you think Ros was bad, Shae is the latest candidate on the grounds that she'll know something of the north from Sansa and she's a prostitute, like Jeyne.. I can't even get my head round that one.

Alys makes a tonne more sense from your points, plus their descriptions are similar, she's noble born northern, and they could have her both escaping with Theon AND riding on the dying horse to the wall, but wouldn't the Northmen know her? I know the whole 'Ned's little girl' thing really got to me. From what they've done with Theon's scenes, it'll be hard to watch this!

I could see Yara/Asha as being the woman Ramsay torments but maybe not marries. She could easily get caught trying to rescue Theon. It would also make sense since HBO might not dare to show a girl as young as Jeyne being exposed to Ramsay's ideas of marriage.

I could see Yara/Asha as being the woman Ramsay torments but maybe not marries. She could easily get caught trying to rescue Theon. It would also make sense since HBO might not dare to show a girl as young as Jeyne being exposed to Ramsay's ideas of marriage.

Yeah, I agree this is more likely then her being Farya or even Ramsay marrying her for her claim (why would the Boltons want the Iron Islands?!) Plus this adds a new dimension of Theon remembering who he is and saving them both. Tbh I have no idea what they'll do with Asha/Yara plot now they've set up the rescue mission.

But I don't know, I think they enjoyed pushing the boundaries with Theon. I think they So long as the actress/extra was say over 18 and much of the torment was implied (kind of like in the books, you just know its really bad). They'd need to cast someone older who looks young enough that it was believable she was only a few years older then Arya.

That begs the question then will the random Farya be an actress worth casting (if so who?) or an extra with a title. They could make a big thing of the plot or just have her as a plot device without any lines. I don't know about this year, but last year it was ExtrasNi who provided all the extras for the show, I'm sure they could find someone over 18 who looked vaguely like Arya/Maisie who can act well enough - https://www.extrasni.com/extras

What I could also see them doing is writing Jeyne Poole/whatever they want to call her in as a more significant character, if only to give the Boltons/Reek some screen time earlier than if they kept to the books. In that case they probably need to cast a young actress of a similar description. But then, there are 1001 other storylines going on, so maybe not.

the character appeared in a couple of scenes in season 1, though not by name. Her father, Vayon, was mentioned by name as well.

I could see them simply showing the scenes with her in it in a recap, then moving forward with her introduction as "Arya" and then following the story from there

Yes, she did appear. We don't even know the actress's name, but the character was there. Check http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Jeyne_Poole.

Yes, I remember her - she does look the part - but I think this is an example of glorified extras, which is fine but if they really included her plot they'd probably cast someone with acting abilities. Kind of like Thoros, who also appeared in season one but was re-cast (brilliantly, I thought!) for a speaking role. But if this young girl from season one, who does look enough like Arya can be brought back or can act then that would be ideal.

I think the only logical choice, outside of actually casting someone as Jeyne Poole, would be to combine the character with Alys Karstark.

I have a feeling this is what they'll do.

That is exactly how I pictured Jayne Poole! Eerie.

Interestingly, Kaya is how I pictured Alys haha.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't cast Jeyne Poole. She's not actually that minor a character- her existance as fArya drives the action in the North and she acts as the catalyst for Theon's redemption. They can retcon her in easily enough with no need for a name change, and find an over-18 actress who looks younger.

Where did all these substitution theories come from anyway? It seems to be some thing that the forum grabbed onto and now won't let go, even after the main candidates (Ros and Talisa) died horrible deaths. The Yara and Shae theories are just ridiculous. The Alys theory doesn't work either, since both girls play different roles in the North simultaneously (while Jeyne is in Winterfell, Alys is warning Jon about the Karstarks at the Wall), the northmen would be more likely to recognise her, and it doesn't really solve the problem of new casting since both Jeyne and Alys are new characters.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if they'll cut Alys Karstark plot completely. It does lead to some nice moments, but it's not essential to the main plot in the North, and its absense can be easily written around.

Kaya Scodelario is my vision of Lyanna Stark should they ever cast her for flashbacks. So I really would not want them to use her for Jeyne Poole. At all. She's too great an acting talent (AND it would fit right in line with using Skins cast members since we already have Hannah Murray as Gilly and Joe Dempsie as Gendry.) Honestly ... I kind of hope they don't include Jeyne Poole at all, but if they did I think combining Alys and Jeyne would be the only sensible thing to do.

Archived