Do you think Renly was good at fighting with either Lance or Sword?

He was probably slightly above average, but not much. The crowd loved him so I doubt he would have shamed himself at these tournaments often. He had the typical Baratheon build which is a good start, but he never seemed the type to focus hard on his training. When it comes to his level he at best would be closer to a grown up Joffrey's level and no where near Robert.

I definitely agree with everyone who thinks Renly was at least an above average fighter. He comes from the same line as Robert and the Laughing Storm and is said to have been identical to a young Robert, one of the best fighters in the realm. So he at least had his size and frame. The point about having the Knight of Flowers as his squire just further confirms he knew his own fair share of fighting since Loras is such a great knight.

This just goes to show how negatively the show portrays homosexuality.

In the books Renly was competent tourney fighter who had skill with a sword but in the show his a pansy who winces at the sight of blood.

Yeah. I hate Renly, but I figure he was above average, just not legendary quality.

Give me a minute to think about Renly for the first time ever and then I'll get back to you on this.

I see three Renly threads right now. What is going on today?

This just goes to show how negatively the show portrays homosexuality.

In the books Renly was competent tourney fighter who had skill with a sword but in the show his a pansy who winces at the sight of blood.

They don't even make it blatantly obvious in the books. The show is so ham-fisted they had to show the viewer Renly n' Loras having sex to let us know they're gay.

Archived