Quaithe's Prophecy and Why do you think she's helping Daenerys?

"The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

I've seen some talk floating around about who they think is who and what this all means. The glass candles and pale mare parts have already come true, but who do you think about the rest? Kraken and dark flame must be Victarion and Moqorro, as they're already on their way to see Daenerys...

On other websites, I've read how they think the prophecy must be faulty because of Jon Connington and Aegon changing course to Westeros, but I think that can actually help to prove it. I think that they will arrive in order, and if Jon C and Aegon are in Westeros, she probably won't meet them until way later. The sun' son may be Trystane I think, and if Aegon is in Westeros, the chance of Daenerys meeting them both at approximately the same time if not AT the same time is more likely (maybe Dorne will even support Aegon? Who knows.) And if that's the case, Jon C might even leave Westeros and meet Daenerys before the other two.

The trust none of them / Remember the Undying part obviously makes it seem like these people want to use her, and don't actually want (to help) her. I mean, Victarion already wants to marry her to spite Euron...

And about why Quaithe would help Daenerys in the first place...I think Quaithe, as a person of faith in R'hllor, might have seen that Daenerys will help fight the others. And even if that isn't the case, 'cause I don't remember it being expressly stated that Quaithe is of the Red God, Quaithe might have simply experienced the vision and just wanted to give it Daenerys because it concerned her.

The reason its not 100% accurate is because she spoke to Dany before Aegon/Connington turned around.

I'm holding out hope that it stays accurate, tbh! Aegon and Connington may have turned around, but I think Daenerys will meet them in the order Quaithe foresaw, and if they are heading in a different direction, that makes it more likely she will meet them in order.

Let's analize the warning

She's a subscriptor to Glass Candles; that's very telling.

Pale mare: brought the disease

Kraken = Victarion

Dark flame = Moqorro

Lion = Tyrion

Griffin = JC

Sun's son = Quentyn Martell (sun = Doran)

Mummer's dragon = fAegon (mummer = Varys)

Perfumed seneschal = ship so named

Crackpot theory (needs validation): Quaithe is hiding the true Aegon in Asshai.

Who dares try the validation?

"The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

It seems you have access to the e-book. If you could paste the other warning (to go east, you must go west, and so), both read together would make more sense.

Let's analize the warning

Sun's son = Quentyn Martell (sun = Doran)

I don't think Quentyn Martell is the Sun's son. He came too early. Like I said, I perrrrrrrrsonally think they will come in order, so Quentyn is out...

She's a Tumblr feminist.

Get out feminism is an important thing. Tumblr on the other hand is forgettable.

Don't think it matters so long as people of either gender fulfill a role they consider important to them. But I was mostly joking about haha. Quaithe's mystery is a big part of her. I think she might have been contracted by Illyrio. It seems like a good deal of the situation is in his hands.

The people who Quaithe lists are all Dany's suitors (Quentyn, Victarion and fAegon) and the important persons of their entourage (Moquorro, Tyrion, JonCon), and they all only want to use Dany for their own goals. Trystan is in no way related to this.

I've found it. It's a bit trimmed, taking out the literary part.

"To go north, you must go south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow."

“What is there in Asshai that I will not find in Qarth?"

"Truth"

In Citadel, you may read an explanation that I don't completely agree. The best I like is that truth might be referred to her family story.

North and south = the Wall and Old Town? Does she know about the Others?

West, east = Westeros, Asshai

Forward, back = future, past ?

Touch the light = reach the knowledge

Pass beneath the shadow = get to Asshai, at least in a figured way, like, finding out what's the truth hidden there (Asshai is beyond the shadow)

Given than both Ashara and Marwin are subscribers to Glass Candles

And Marwyn has been living in Asshai (where he met Mirri Mazz Duur)

On an absolutely crackpot way of thinking, Quaithe could be Ashara and Marwin could have helped her and Aegon to go to Asshai, and settle there. Then he came back to Old Town to study. Marwin would need Aegon and Dany for something related with his studies in Old Town. Probably with the Others, what would explain his interest in Samwell. It's just an idea, I haven't explored it yet.

Just putting together anything about Asshai. Wasn't AA from Asshai? And Melisandre has also lived there, and she's taking a great interest in Jon.

If you see, the clues end by linking the two ends of the known Worldos: Beyond the Wall and Asshai. Most intriguing

''The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

The glass candles are the candles at Oldtown and around the world that have started burning wiht the dragons and magic coming to the world again.

The pale mare in my opinion is the plague that the people of Slavers Bay are struggling with.

After the pale mare the Others are the next army of the evil to kill the humaans and destroy the world.

Kraken and Dark Flame are Moqorro and Victarion.

The lion is Tyrion.

The griffin is Joe Connington.

The suns son is Quentyn Martell.

The mummer's dragon is Aegon, and this might mean that the dragon is a mummery or that the dragon is real and together in the game of thrones with the mummer Varys.

Trust no one seems to be a clear warning that none of them should be trusted because they are either just untrustworthy or they have some alterior motives of their own, which pretty much all of them have. I just hope that eventhought eh prophecy says trust noone, that Dany will find that some of them (Tyrion!!! ;)) can be trusted after all.

The reminder of the Undying is to strenghten the reason why she shouldn't trust them.

Beware the perfumed seneschal could be justa name of a boat on Victarions fleet, but i think it might even be Varys who is the perfumed seneschal. Varys has been mentioned as a person who uses a lot of perfumes if i remember correctly and he might be one of the biggest players in the game of thrones. If Varys is the perfumed seneschal than that would be even more proof in my eyes that the other dragon, Aegon, isn't truly a targaryen.

Edit: Can't seem to spell correctly :)

Quaithe isn't giving Dany a prophesy, she is telling her what she saw through the glass candle.

My understanding is a glass candle is a device for communicating over long distances, like skype.

Quaithe is prophesis-ing because she is prophetic, in the same way Moqorro is.

Been thinking about quaithe for some time esp the west to go east thing. Everyone has a sword, the red woman said there were 2 doors one was the wall the other in Ashai so I'm thinking dany has to go to ashai to get something else maybe her sword as I think she is ashor asai reborn not Stanis or Jon (sorry about spelling!) just another crackpot theory!

Been thinking about quaithe for some time esp the west to go east thing. Everyone has a sword, the red woman said there were 2 doors one was the wall the other in Ashai so I'm thinking dany has to go to ashai to get something else maybe her sword as I think she is ashor asai reborn not Stanis or Jon (sorry about spelling!) just another crackpot theory!

GRRM said we will only see Asshai in people's memories, so Dany wont be going there. Also, trying to shoehorn events so they fit the prophesies of MMD and Quaithe is a really bad idea.

Archived