Aegon VI's Wives: Arianne and Margaery?

protar

Counting? :). How... I`ll leave it be.

Yes, I made a mistake. I admit that. That`s the quality I am proud of having. Not many people would admit that :)

^^ Sorry, i didn't mean it that way :P

But i guess the Faith can't do much with Randyll Tarly's host in KL and 1/2 of Mace's host is on its way.

I cannot recall the Lannisters having a host in, near or around KL.

With that in mind, the Tyrells will soon have at least 30.000 soldiers right outside of KL, i can see no way that Margaery is actually convicted ;), but i wouldn't take the same bet for Cersei ;)

edit: I'm gonna ask again:

Does anyone have any idea as to the size of the Faith militant? I can't recall any mentioning in the books, so what would be your guesses?

edit2: Omg... I just saw, that the topic is actually about Aegon and possible marriage candidates for him. My bad! ;)

^^ Sorry, i didn't mean it that way :P

But i guess the Faith can't do much with Randyll Tarly's host in KL and 1/2 of Mace's host is on its way.

I cannot recall the Lannisters having a host in, near or around KL.

With that in mind, the Tyrells will soon have at least 30.000 soldiers right outside of KL, i can see no way that Margaery is actually convicted ;), but i wouldn't take the same bet for Cersei ;)

Never mind :)

Since Margery obviously won`t be sentenced, and Cersei has a powerful champion in Ser Robert, I can`t see how situation in KL would change drastically.

Since Margery obviously won`t be sentenced, and Cersei has a powerful champion in Ser Robert, I can`t see how situation in KL would change drastically.

You really ought to read the thread on Cersei's trial if you haven't already. It raises some interesting possibilities for how Cersei's Trial could potentially change the situation in KL, rather than having no stakes whatsoever. ;)

You really ought to read the thread on Cersei's trial if you haven't already. It raises some interesting possibilities for how Cersei's Trial could potentially change the situation in KL, rather than having no stakes whatsoever. ;)

I have read it. And I understand how it will be changer in some parts, but ultimately, it means nothing to Aegon. Power players will change positions, but they will still be against Aegon. Poligamy would never work.

Me, too (except with a Trial of Seven mayhaps)...

It will surely change alot compared to AFFC, with Kevan and Pycelle dead and Tyrion likely getting framed for it. I don't think Cersei will be able to grab her power back so easily, since half of the small council is in Tyrell hand. I'm certain the Tyrells will want to keep Cersei as far away from the regent position and Tommen. She has maneuvered herself between a rock and a hard place and i can't see Cersei getting out of there on her own ;)

BUT, let's get back to Aegon and his possible wives:

Currently i think the most likely candidate is Arianne, since she has some experience, on how to handle men, especially 16/17 year old ones ;)

I think all seven hells will freeze over before a Tyrell and a Martell marry the same guy ^^

I have read it. And I understand how it will be changer in some parts, but ultimately, it means nothing to Aegon. Power players will change positions, but they will still be against Aegon. Poligamy would never work.

It could mean everything for Aegon. Should Cersei lose her trial it will cause a three-way fracturing of the power base in KL between the Lannisters, the Tyrells and the Faith - with the Dornish probably agitating things as well. This is going to make things a lot easier for Aegon to sweep in and take KL.

It could mean everything for Aegon. Should Cersei lose her trial it will cause a three-way fracturing of the power base in KL between the Lannisters, the Tyrells and the Faith - with the Dornish probably agitating things as well. This is going to make things a lot easier for Aegon to sweep in and take KL.

My prediction is, that Cersei will her trial, but Lady Nym and Tyene will do a great job destabilizing the situation in KL even further. I think those two have it in them, to cause a lot o troubles for the Lannister-Tyrell-alliance and the High Sparrow, too.

If you agree with the OP's premise that the Lannisters are on their way out (and I do) then all manner of new alliances are possible. Politics make strange bedfellows and Mace Tyrell wants his daughter to be queen, whether her king is a gay Baratheon with no legitimate claim to the throne, a sadist who would do god knows what to her or a little boy with whom she is likely to have no relationship whatsoever. Actually if Mace ever gave Margaery a say in the matter, the possibility of Aegon might be appealing, polygamist or no, since he is age appropriate, handsome, educated and maybe even straight.

The Tyrells, like the Lannisters during Robert's Rebellion, just want to be on the winning side with some access to the throne so I think it all comes down to the timing of Aegon's attempt to take the throne. Also, the Tyrells were loyal to the Targaryens during the rebellion and only bent the knee when all was lost so there is some poetry to them abandoning the Lannisters during the Lannister's darkest hour and returning to their historical allegiance (or a semblance of it Aegon is fake).

Another factor that I am not sure if anyone mentioned, is Varys working diligently to get Aegon on the throne. The influence of the military might of the various factions depends solely on their lords' allegiances, which are fickle at the best of times. And Varys will be working hard behind the scenes to form new alliances making all sorts of promises of lands and titles to lure the big players to Aegon's side.

As the OP's suggestion that this particular polygamist arrangement would be untenable and ultimately a bad strategy, I agree. But it would pave a less bloody path to the IT for Aegon and he might actually hold the throne for a short time until others come to take it from him...

All true... But I believe Faith alway had problems with Targaryens, especially armed Faith. You have someone that proclaims to be above the Gods, and do whatever they want to do. Basically, those are Targaryens. Also, I don`t think any of Aegon`s counselors will look fondly on armed Faith. We had historical conflicts between them. And can you just imagine what would happen once Dany arrives with dragons? Both her and Aegon will not be looked fondly once they start playing the Game. Faith was subdued only by Targaryens, and I don`t see new High Septon being humble servant to the King.

So you think they will oppose him just because his last name happens to be Targaryen, although he's an ideal candidate? That's mental.

Regardless of whether or not marries Arianne, Margaery, Sansa or any combination of the three a marriage with Dany is looking incredibly unlikely now. Aegon needs to shore up his alliances ASAP now he's at Westeros and Dany is taking her sweet time in Meereen. Plus Martin has confirmed a second Dance of Dragons so it seems like Dany and Aegon are almost certainly at war.

true but as long as jon con lives i know he will tell them the marriage alliance is for dany no way in hell he offers his hand. He can always say she has dragons and the suitors simply back down. Still it would add more intrigue if he did marry arianne and marg though

So you think they will oppose him just because his last name happens to be Targaryen, although he's an ideal candidate? That's mental.

How insightful assessment. Quite intelligent one...

No. Aegon wants power, and most likely he will put Faith to the place it was before arming. And that`s something High Sparrow doesn`t want. He wants to control the King and through him, the realm, and that`s way he will side with Tommen. Because at the end, Tommen is the only one conrollable.

How insightful assessment. Quite intelligent one...

Thank you for your kind words. I do not deserve them.

No. Aegon wants power, and most likely he will put Faith to the place it was before arming. And that`s something High Sparrow doesn`t want. He wants to control the King and through him, the realm, and that`s way he will side with Tommen. Because at the end, Tommen is the only one conrollable.

I still think Aegon will have it easy, whether because the High Septon will simply turn on him when he sees that not only the Lannisters, but also the Tyrells are weakened, or because Tommen will die (by the hand of Tyene? Robert Strong? the Dornish master-at-arms?). Looking at it either way, that a-dragon-destroys-lions puppet show was very suggestive of who common people (who are influenced by the Faith) will support.

Also, as I said, Aegon does not have any special reason to want to disarm the Faith, not really.

We are talking about books, not show... I doubt GRRM`ll have Natalie`s talents in mind when he writes further installments.

Thought you might be interested in this:

"Sadly nothing concrete is available with there being a distinct lack of a Davos TWOW preview chapter, but with George Martin expressing an interest in giving Osha a more significant role in the last two books, due to Natalia Tena’s superb performances in the HBO series, I have an inkling that she will be the one to swing Rickon around to trusting Davos."

Apparently GRRM is influenced to some extent by the show and the talents of actors. (Here's a link to the source article: http://the-artifice....-to-anticipate/)

Edited for formatting

Archived