Littlefinger's arc in Winds of Winter: westword bound!

CountFJM

I'm sure Sansa has met the Blackfish, he is her great-uncle, and a guy willing to travel to Winterfell for whatever duties House Arryn would assign. Or in any case he would immediatly recognize her as Cat's daughter.

Arya didn't know him, so I don't think it's likely that Sansa did. He should notice the similarities with Catelyn, so maybe he'll think she might be Sansa (or the Royces might convince him). LF might also tell him, if he feels he can control the BF or if he thinks he's not a threat.

I don't see Sansa trusting him initially. And if he shows himself close to the Royces, she might not trust him for a long time. As far as Sansa knows, the Royces are dangerous.

• 3 weeks later...

Old Sansa would have trusted the Blackfish implicetly. New Sansa? Who knows.

I don't think Sansa should trust him implicitly. He showed his judgement in terms of political things is not perfect when he parlayed with Jaime and thought that the Lannisters installed Jon as LC. This resulted from his implicit trust of Catlyn, who we all know is half idiot, at least. He is also a little brash and could potentially put her in a more dangerous situation than she is in now.

Personally I do not buy into him heading to the Vale, I believe he is still in RR or with the BWB due to the fact that Edmure was along with Tom from the BWB before he was sent into RR, and the otherwise unnecessary information that there was the hidden chamber in Griffens Roost that only the former lord of that castle knew about. Also, the mad mouse got into the Vale via Maidenpool and Gulltown, the mountain clans are more active than ever now and even Jon Aryn never went threw the mountains in summer, without riding in strength.

The best theory I have read in regards to Baelish in WOW is that he will produce Tyrions first wife. As far as we know the high septon did not undo this marriage, or if he even could since it was consummated. When I read that theory it blew my mind.

Archived