Who will succeed the Boy Lion? The Young Dragon or the Iron Stag?

BaseBornBastard

I see Myrcella on the throne next, after she dies then fake ageon, I dont see stannis or dani ever on the IT. But then again I dont see the 7 kingdoms ever being one again. I see the others destroying it. After all after the wall falls the others have a convenient way to get to KL via the Kingsroad. Then dani will just have to save the world.

If it is bittersweet, it should be someone we silently wish for, or are ignoring at the moment. Someone who would literally come out of nowhere. Obviously Tommen and Myrcela will die. Aegon might sit the throne, but I doubt it. His and Dany's arcs are destined for the Dance (however, Aegon doesn't have a POV, so he could be it). Jon won't abandon the North or the Watch, unless he is forced to (or he dies). If anything he will rule there, or something along those lines. I would love to see Stannis on the throne, but I know he will die in some honorable way, and be remembered as a hero, same as Jaime Lannister. And Tyrion.....maybe. So that leaves............someone we aren't considering. Hmmmm.......

I see Myrcella on the throne next, after she dies then fake ageon, I dont see stannis or dani ever on the IT. But then again I dont see the 7 kingdoms ever being one again. I see the others destroying it. After all after the wall falls the others have a convenient way to get to KL via the Kingsroad. Then dani will just have to save the world.

I agree. I think in the end it will be peace, with one united kingdom vice seven.

Stannis will never get South IMO. I hate it but I think he'll either get defeated by a 3rd party in the North (most likely the Vale) or end up being decimated by the Others. He's not in a good position although I'm still intrigued by how he goes from here.

I think Aegon will have a short reign before the Dance of Dragons II. Dany wins and claims the throne but at this point the Others are tearing through Westeros and she's betrayed and killed by Euron or Dario. I then love the idea I read on reddit where The Others reach Kings Landing and Jaime sets off the nuclear bomb. Killing himself and most of the Others, dying as the tragic hero of the series and getting zero recognition once again.

Jon will do a load of heroic shit in there too but I don't know what. Or else he's dead. LOL.

King Tommen will continue to rule and in regards to Stannis and Aegon I'll quote Gandalf from the animated LoTR:

"Neither of you shall have it!"

However in regards to Myrcella I can't see how she can hope to claim the throne between Tommen's death and Aegon taking the throne since those two would seem to be linked. If Myrcella will have the throne its because the Lannisters makes a total comeback.

I could see a situation after Tommen bites the dust where Myrcella sits on it only for just a little bit of time, then fAegon/Arianne, then...Cersei burns it all down.

Then...(here's some speculative crackpottery):

the Night's King takes over but instead of KL, he's at Harrenhall. I wonder if an additional motive is to destroy something at the Isle where the pact was made (Which I believe was more than just a First Men + Children truce). I think all people who have played the game the hardest for the throne and not the realm bite the dust (Sorry Stannis, Boltons, Martells, Lannisters, Tyrells, etc.)

I'm probably just hyped because of the show but Dany has that vision of the Trident and I really think the Others could take over all the way to the Riverlands and Crownlands. They pass Jon before he's fully resurrected and continue to march south.

Jon comes from the North and Dany from the south through Oldtown. It all ends around the Trident, Harrenhall, and Isle of Faces (which is basically impenetrable to a WW attack and I think for a reason). Surrounded by water, magic, the forces of the Green Men, and weirwoods galore.

Stannis. He was seen in the flames to sit the IT though I think it metaphorical as I can't see him making it to KL. It's not his intention to go there anyway until after the long night. Once Tommen and Myrcella are dead Stannis is the only rightful heir to the IT so he will be pronounced king. fAegon and Dany both need to build allies to topple the Barratheon claim and since most houses threw in with the Barratheons 15 years ago they won't jump to a boy of unproven lineage or a woman other than reluctantly. Except Dorne but they are small and hated by the Tyrells so Highgarden goes with Stannis out of spite if nothing else. Stannis is a Stormlord and has the North and likely the Vale. So Stannis is the mostly recognized king until he dies in the war with the WWs. Afterward? I'm thinking fAegon marries Shireen if she lives, Arrianne if she doesn't, and ends up on the IT. Dany and Jon will share a fate neither of which ends with the IT.

Stannis. He was seen in the flames to sit the IT though I think it metaphorical as I can't see him making it to KL. It's not his intention to go there anyway until after the long night. Once Tommen and Myrcella are dead Stannis is the only rightful heir to the IT so he will be pronounced king. fAegon and Dany both need to build allies to topple the Barratheon claim and since most houses threw in with the Barratheons 15 years ago they won't jump to a boy of unproven lineage or a woman other than reluctantly. Except Dorne but they are small and hated by the Tyrells so Highgarden goes with Stannis out of spite if nothing else. Stannis is a Stormlord and has the North and likely the Vale. So Stannis is the mostly recognized king until he dies in the war with the WWs. Afterward? I'm thinking fAegon marries Shireen if she lives, Arrianne if she doesn't, and ends up on the IT. Dany and Jon will share a fate neither of which ends with the IT.

Not really. If you accept that Joffrey and his siblings were the kings then Stannis is attainted as a traitor and thus cut from the succession. And the Tyrells passed Stannis up twice before in favor of Renly and then the Lannisters. I doubt they hate the Martells to do a 180 degree turn and throw in behind Stannis who does not look favorably on them.

Except Dorne but they are small and hated by the Tyrells so Highgarden goes with Stannis out of spite if nothing else.

The Tyrells likely hate Stannis around the same much as they hate Dorne.

Not really. If you accept that Joffrey and his siblings were the kings then Stannis is attainted as a traitor and thus cut from the succession. And the Tyrells passed Stannis up twice before in favor of Renly and then the Lannisters. I doubt they hate the Martells to do a 180 degree turn and throw in behind Stannis who does not look favorably on them.

It seems to be fairly well believed that Jaime is in fact the father of Cersei's children by nobles and commons alike. The lords that supported the Lannisters did so mostly because they were the strongest faction. Once the Lannister claim on the IT is done and done who will they turn to? I think that it will be Stannis as he still has an army and is undisputedly Roberts brother. As mentioned, fAegon will have a difficult time proving his lineage (even if he didn't there would be quite a bit of negotiation that must happen before any of the noble houses would cast lots with an unknown with a small force - whatever the Martells choose the Tyrells will do the opposite, Cersei will flee to the Rock and declare herself Queen of the Rock, Stannis is a Stormlord and will have the North, the Vale (Royce wanted to declare for the North from the beginning), and the Riverlords on his side so where does the Targ support come from?). Dany is a woman and that will work against her. So Stannis inherits but dies leaving Shireen his claim. Assuming that she lives to the end it makes most sense to me that for peace to prevail that the last Barratheon claimant weds the new/last Targaryan claimant. Or Dany takes it outright but I doubt that will happen.

It seems to be fairly well believed that Jaime is in fact the father of Cersei's children by nobles and commons alike. The lords that supported the Lannisters did so mostly because they were the strongest faction. Once the Lannister claim on the IT is done and done who will they turn to? I think that it will be Stannis as he still has an army and is undisputedly Roberts brother. As mentioned, fAegon will have a difficult time proving his lineage (even if he didn't there would be quite a bit of negotiation that must happen before any of the noble houses would cast lots with an unknown with a small force - whatever the Martells choose the Tyrells will do the opposite, Cersei will flee to the Rock and declare herself Queen of the Rock, Stannis is a Stormlord and will have the North, the Vale (Royce wanted to declare for the North from the beginning), and the Riverlords on his side so where does the Targ support come from?). Dany is a woman and that will work against her. So Stannis inherits but dies leaving Shireen his claim. Assuming that she lives to the end it makes most sense to me that for peace to prevail that the last Barratheon claimant weds the new/last Targaryan claimant. Or Dany takes it outright but I doubt that will happen.

How will Stannis have the Vale? LF is the regent for a foreseeable future and has many of the Lord's Declarant by the balls.

Aegon doesn't have the strength to take King's Landing yet, even if the Faith backs him from inside. I don't think Dorne will throw in its lot with Aegon until the hear about Quentyn(which will take a while for Drinkwater and Yronwood to reach them by ship. I think Euron's wizards have something in store for Garlan's host and the Redwyne fleet. Euron defeats and kills Garlan and assaults Oldtown.Connington and the Golden Company smash them against the walls of Oldtown. I'd imagine a few Reach lords will turn cloak by this point and join him as he marches East for King's Landing.

The Boltons get outsmarted at Winterfell and lose, as Rickon and Davos approach. Massey returns with sellswords as the Northerners flatly refuse to follow him south to take the throne. He marches South as Aegon and Connington march East, both towards King's Landing. The meet at some random place with Dornish lords standing by. Doran gets word that Quentyn is dead and throws in his lot with Aegon. They rout Stannis and kill him(This would be Bosworth with Aegon=Henry VII, Stannis=Richard III, and Doran=Thomas Stanley, 1st earl of Derby and Henry's stepfather. The Tyrells see the writing on the wall and arrange an "accident" for Tommen. They surrender the city and imprison Cersei. Aegon is crowned by the High Sparrow and marries Myrcella to seal the claims together, much to Connington's dismay. He's by now going mad with greyscale and murders her some time later.

I don't think either Jon or Dany will sit the throne. They are the heroes of the story. They both die fighting the Others

Archived