What/who is Quaithe? Her's/It's motivation?

Arya Wargface

So Shiera Seastar has one green eye and one blue eye, just like Tyrion, correct? I looked up Quaithe on the wiki, and all it says about her eyes are they are "wet and shiny". Is the wiki missing something, or is Quaithe mentioned as having one green eye and one blue eye somewhere?

So Shiera Seastar has one green eye and one blue eye, just like Tyrion, correct? I looked up Quaithe on the wiki, and all it says about her eyes are they are "wet and shiny". Is the wiki missing something, or is Quaithe mentioned as having one green eye and one blue eye somewhere?

In the books,as far as I remember her eyes are never mentioned,If anything goes awry there's always glamour to cover it up.

Mystique??

Yep :P

I don't know. She perfectly speaks the Common Tongue with no accent, which is weird, but she's a sorcereress so...

Here's her face/eyes, from tWoIaF app; http://s13.postimg.org/dhbj47bxz/image.jpg

If I was a Westerosi, claiming to be an Asshai'i, then the first thing I do is would be getting a mask. :rolleyes:

When Quaithe touched Dany, back in Qarth, Dany's hand tingled. Do we any theory about that. What do you think ?

But I HOPE that she is an Asshai'i, enough with silly Westerosi -_-

Quaithe should stop talking in riddles so she can actually do something useful.

Fur reelz. At least tell her she'll find more than "truth" in Asshai. How about "to go west, you must go east...where there is a dragon army waiting for you in Asshai. Also candy. Spicy candy because you Targs love it spicy."

This is by far the biggest mystery in the books. And by that, I mean, if it were answered it would answer the most questions. She used the candle thing to see Dany. If Martin had given us just a little bit more, it might confirm that the magic of the candles and the dragons and the old gods are connected. Since the candles are made out of obsidian, it would connect the candles to the dragons. Since they allow people to see far and wide, it could connect the candles to the old gods. And it might tell you why Oldtown (and the mage) and the maesters are situated way down in the south, way the hell away from the wall (just in case).

But he didn't. So we got nothin'.

probably been said before, but i just had a thought: maybe when quaithe says dany must go east to go west, she literally means that dany could get to westeros by going beyond asshai (assuming the world is round) and arriving on the west side of westeros? That said, no one knows how big the world is and if it is actually round haha, but still could make sense.

Plus, it might be more advantageous for dany to approach westeros at the west coast because then she could land at lannisport and take out the most powerful family immediately

i suppose it is possible cause nothing west of westeros is mapped, it could just be a large ocean that eventually ends with the other side of essos, but i doubt its true, just an idea haha

edit: just used the search and realised there are loadsa topics addressing this

Hijacking thread here

Sheira Seastar

Bloodraven

Bittersteel

Daemon

Talk about awesome names! They sound like super heros, or X Men.

I suppose when your last name is that of a bastard.....you really make the most of your nickname :)

There is a belief that Quaithe is Shiera Seastar. But I don't think there is enough evidence to back that theory. Firstly Shiera is too old to be Quiathe. The other reason seems to be Shiera's knowledge of some black arts. But I don't think there is enough evidence or motive for this theory. Quiathe could be Ashara Dayne for all we know. So I wouldn't subscribe to the Quiathe=Shiera theory as of yet.

There is a belief that Quaithe is Shiera Seastar. But I don't think there is enough evidence to back that theory. Firstly Shiera is too old to be Quiathe. The other reason seems to be Shiera's knowledge of some black arts. But I don't think there is enough evidence or motive for this theory. Quiathe could be Ashara Dayne for all we know. So I wouldn't subscribe to the Quiathe=Shiera theory as of yet.

The magic Shiera practiced definitely kept her looking young and may have extended her life. She's closely associated with her half brother BR who's still alive. And while we've learned how the other Great Bastards have contributed to the plot we're still waiting to hear from Shiera (unless she's limited to chooing BR and upsetting BS).

While I am with you in not jumping to conclusions and assuming all theories are correct, this one is at least plausible. The age thing can be explained by 1.) Bloodraven still being alive, though he is living off of a tree and 2.) Quaithe does wear a mask, so we really have no clue how old she looks. I like the theory that she messed up the magic to keep herself young, or did it too many times and was disfigured. It's fun to talk about. As for motive, I agree with you. Hence the original post. I have no clue if Quaithe is actually trying to help Dany or if she is trying to manipulate her.

No :wacko:

• 10 months later...

Notice the languages each seeker used to communicate with Daenerys...

Dany stared down at the strangers. "Here I stand. Look, if that is your pleasure . . . but first tell me your names."

The pale man with the blue lips replied in guttural Dothraki, "I am Pyat Pree, the great warlock."

The bald man with the jewels in his nose answered in the Valyrian of the Free Cities, "I am Xaro Xhoan Daxos of the Thirteen, a merchant prince of Qarth."

The woman in the lacquered wooden mask said in the Common Tongue of the Seven Kingdoms, "I am Quaithe of the Shadow. We come seeking dragons."

"Seek no more," Daenerys Targaryen told them. "You have found them."

Daenerys I, Clash

Archived