What/who is Quaithe? Her's/It's motivation?

Arya Wargface

It's pretty clear the Quaithe wants Dany to go to Asshai, but why? I believe Illyrio states that Dany's dragon eggs came from the shadow lands, so that could be one peice. Also, the whole go East to go West thing, but once again, why does Quaithe want Dany to do anything?

Quaithe might be the Westerosi equivalent of a scammer, and she's just going to mug Daenerys when she shows up. She probably sends the same message to almost everyone in Essos at one point or another and robs anyone who is dumb enough to actually go to a place called "Asshai-by-the-Shadow".

Quaithe might be the Westerosi equivalent of a scammer, and she's just going to mug Daenerys when she shows up. She probably sends the same message to almost everyone in Essos at one point or another and robs anyone who is dumb enough to actually go to a place called "Asshai-by-the-Shadow".

I think its pretty clear she is trying to help Dany. Who she is, or what her motives are, I have no idea.

She is really just some regular women being warged long distance by Hodor. Hodor can only say Hodor because he is too busy concentrating on warging half way around the world.

I don't think GRRM has given enough info about Quaithe to make any real determination. She only has three appearances in the series iirc.

I think its pretty clear she is trying to help Dany. Who she is, or what her motives are, I have no idea.

Not trying very hard, is she? Could her prophecies be any less helpful or less clear? All she does is give her riddles that can be misinterpreted, and tell her to be wary of people that are obviously untrustworthy (don't trust Reznak? NO ONE trusts Reznak!)

who is Shiera Seastar? I don't recognize the name.

Ps, that's a freakin awesome name

Sheira Seastar is sister to Bloodraven and is one of Aegon the Unworthy's Great Bastards.

She was Bloodraven's lover as well.

who is Shiera Seastar? I don't recognize the name.

Ps, that's a freakin awesome name

She was the 3rd bastard child of Aegon the Unworthy. The 3 are known as the "Great Bastards", the other 2 of course being Bloodraven and Bittersteel.

She was the 3rd bastard child of Aegon the Unworthy. The 3 are known as the "Great Bastards", the other 2 of course being Bloodraven and Bittersteel.

That would make her about 120 years old minimum. Bloodraven is a grown man when Egg and Aemon were boys.

That would make her about 120 years old minimum. Bloodraven is a grown man when Egg and Aemon were boys.

Shiera was known for practicing sorcery to make her appear younger. Given that Brynden was able to use magic to extend his life, it's not much of a stretch that Shiera could do the same, especially in a place like Asshai.

Archived