A list of Lannister crimes and wrong doings

Arya murders a Northern soldier to escape.

Arya murders Dareon

Arya murders the insurance bloke.

Sansa covers up the murder of Lysa.

Sansa lets the innocent Marillion be tortured and killed.

Catelyn and Robb condone the flaying of Theon

Bran wargs Hodor.

Catelyn murders the mentally challenged son of Walder Frey

Robb burns the harvest in the Westerlands

Jon threatens to murder an innocent baby.

Robb breaks his oath to Walder Frey after Walder's men had bled and died for him.

Robb rebelling and breaking his oath to the Iron Throne.

Robb letting Roose loose.

Catelyn and Robb letting Ramsay's crimes go.

Catelyn arresting Tyrion over very sketchy rumours provided by a notoriously untrustworty person and bringing him to her batshit crazy sister, who won't be biased against the Lannisters, oh no she won't.

By the way, shouldn't we talk about Lannister bad actions ? Don't derail this fabolously hilarious thread with serious argomentations...

Catelyn arresting Tyrion over very sketchy rumours provided by a notoriously untrustworty person and bringing him to her batshit crazy sister, who won't be biased against the Lannisters, oh no she won't.

By the way, shouldn't we talk about Lannister bad actions ? Don't derail this fabolously hilarious thread with serious argomentations...

Exactly how is the thread hilarious?

Exactly how is the thread hilarious?

When people submit absurd "crimes", like "Cersei calling Tyrion a mean name once", "Tommen tries to outlaw beets", "Tyrion for not turning in Pod, who murdered Ser Mandon Moore", "A Lannister for being a Lannister", "Tyrion for existing", "Tywin for having muttonchops" and the ones I submitted.

When people submit absurd "crimes", like "Cersei calling Tyrion a mean name once", "Tommen tries to outlaw beets", "Tyrion for not turning in Pod, who murdered Ser Mandon Moore", "A Lannister for being a Lannister", "Tyrion for existing", "Tywin for having muttonchops" and the ones I submitted.

To be fair, Tyrion existing is pretty ambiguous in regards to if that is a crime or not

When they heard all the dark rumours about him, but let it go, because he was useful at the time. Not to different from Tywin's view on the Mountain. Catelyn is even happy with him flaying people alive, a practice which should have been illegal.

Robb had heard only rumors, and he addressed the only man close to the situation.

It's nowhere close to The Tywin Gregor dynamic, and the fact that you presented it as such makes me question your honesty and reading comprehension.

Catelyn isn't happy about him flaying people, she's happy about him flaying Theon, the man who took her home and butchered her sons and the people she grew to love.

Huge difference.

Robb had heard only rumors, and he addressed the only man close to the situation.

It's nowhere close to The Tywin Gregor dynamic, and the fact that you presented it as such makes me question your honesty and reading comprehension.

Catelyn isn't happy about him flaying people, she's happy about him flaying Theon, the man who took her home and butchered her sons and the people she grew to love.

Huge difference.

She isn't even "happy" about that, the quote is something like "part of her wanted to clutch that piece of leather" (I'm not sure about the exact quote, only about the bold part)

It's completely understandable that a mother subconciously feels content when the murderer of her children is suffering.

If you're going to start listing every crime committed by every character from every family, you're gonna have a bad time. Especially when it's A Song of Ice and Fire we're talking about. It occurs to me that nearly every PoV character alone has committed some sort of wrongdoing, with the possible exception of the ever wonderful Davos. :D

She isn't even "happy" about that, the quote is something like "part of her wanted to clutch that piece of leather" (I'm not sure about the exact quote, only about the bold part)

It's completely understandable that a mother subconciously feels content when the murderer of her children is suffering.

No she is completely happy.

Part of Catelyn wanted to clutch the grisly trophy to her heart, but she made herself resist. "Put it away. Please."

It's part of her that wants to celebrate with it and clutch it to her heart, but she makes herself resist because of how it would look. To be fair Robb has a better reaction, but he still does not forbid any more flaying.

Huge difference.

I am not being dishonest. Robb had heard a good deal more than rumours. Roose called them rumours, but by then everyone knew the things Ramsay had done.

"Not Ramsay Snow? Does Lord Roose have another bastard?" Robb scowled. "This Ramsay was a monster and a murderer, and he died a coward. Or so I was told."

They are fully aware of what he did to Lady Hornwood.

"Your bastard was accused of grievous crimes," Catelyn reminded him sharply. "Of murder, rape, and worse."

Yet they plan to use him whilst they can and then maybe kill him later.

What about Kevan hiding the twincest? Tywin invading the Riverlands? (The invasion itself, a war of aggression against another province in a state, is a crime, not just letting the dogs out.)

People have said them; Lancel trying to kill King Bob by getting him drunk while doing something dangerous, and Jamie bitch-slapping RonCon; why aren't they on the list?

No she is completely happy.

Part of Catelyn wanted to clutch the grisly trophy to her heart, but she made herself resist. "Put it away. Please."

It's part of her that wants to celebrate with it and clutch it to her heart, but she makes herself resist because of how it would look. To be fair Robb has a better reaction, but he still does not forbid any more flaying.

"she made herself resist" indeed implies that the sentiment was a rather strong one. But still, I think it's completely understandable that she feels satisfaction and content when she learns that the murderer of her children is tortured, but she makes herself say otherwise because she is aware of the political dimension and her own position.

He's a convicted smuggler, a traitor to the IT and accessory to the murder of Courtney Penrose.

Damn if this is the most innocent guy you can come up with... ;)

Haha I'll admit it was a half joke.

No house is innocent on Planetos. :)

There is not much of a comparison between the crimes of the Lannisters and the "crimes" of the Starks. Crimes have to do with an element of intent, and you are not going to find many of those Stark "crimes" to have any criminal intent behind them. Waging war on the Riverlands, burning the harvest - horrible acts, bordering on war crimes. Letting Roose loose? We know now that he is a cold killer, but there is no way Robb Stark thinks that giving his bannerman control over a certain military front is in any way comprable to Tywin letting the Mountain loose to do what he does. Tywin let Gregor Clegane out to terrorize and subdue that entire region. He did not intend to accomplish a strategic victory of caputuring a significant seat of power and control over both sides of a river - the Mountain was out there to kill, rape and destroy.

Catelyn murdering Aegon Frey? Bad bad bad - but this is not the same as Cersei giving the lackwitted Lollys over to Qyburn for his dark art experiments. Consider the circumstances, she had completely lost her mind.

Jon threatening the baby? Are we going to actually belive that Jon was going to kill a baby? Get out of town.

Yes, Arya is treading on some dangerous ground, becoming a hitwoman for a strange ass death cult. But killing Dareon because he was a deserter, thats just a Stark requirement.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived