Re-Cast Game of Thrones with actors from any era.

Weeping Sore

The younger Flynn could be. I was thinking of the older, more wily Flynn.

I've never seen any of his later stuff. Have to check it out.

As long as we're on Flynn, how about Rudolph Valentino as The Red Viper of Dorne? (That could almost be the name of one of his movies)

Paul Newman or Robert Redford for Jaime.

Anna Karina or Natalie Wood for Daenerys.

Vivien Leigh, Joan Crawford or Cate Blanchett for Cercei.

Brian Cox or John Rhys Davies as Robert (Brian Cox and Rose Byrne circa 'Troy' actually look like Robert and Lyanna to me, minus the age gap: http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/original/65497.jpg)

And I actually think a young Nicole Kidman would have been perfect as Sansa: http://youtu.be/lLXVdXTiT8I?t=20m17s

Anna Karina or Natalie Wood for Daenerys.

Nice. Much better choices than I had for Dany (Bardot).

As much as I love Ian Glenn, anyone closer to Book Jorah (hulking, hairy, homely) for the screen?

ETA: Gene Hackman for Jorah! (not exactly homely, but not a dreamboat like Ian Glenn)

John Wayne - Mace Tyrell or Kevan Lannister ...perhaps Ernest Borgnine woud be better.

Who could John Wayne play ? Barristan Selmy ? Old Bear Mormont ?

Young Donald Sutherland - Ramsey

Ernest Borgnine as Mace Tyrell would be awesome.

The only role John Wayne could play. Khal Drogo. Hey, the man played Genghis Khan. All jokes aside, Young John- Grenn Older John Bronze Yohn Royce

Who could John Wayne play ? Barristan Selmy ? Old Bear Mormont ?

Why not Ned?

Upright, unsophisticated, telegraphed hero-type. Can you imagine a John-Wayne audience watching him be decapitated in the first act?

This has got me thinking Westerns- How about Henry Fonda as Roose Bolton? (You have to have seen Leone's One Upon a Time in the West for this to make sense- those cold blue eyes!)

Lawrence Olivier as Tywin Lannister?

Why not Ned?

Upright, unsophisticated, telegraphed hero-type. Can you imagine a John-Wayne audience watching him be decapitated in the first act?

This has got me thinking Westerns- How about Henry Fonda as Roose Bolton? (You have to have seen Leone's One Upon a Time in the West for this to make sense- those cold blue eyes!)

Lawrence Olivier as Tywin Lannister?

All great ideas. LMAO at idea of John Wayne audience watching him killed...

Archived