Daenerys as a ruler?

melanniemunoz

All we know about that is that tywin order the deaths of the remaining targs. Why is it a tragedy when noble children with a claim on a newly usurped throne who would probably have been used to start another mega war get kill but not so much as a mention is given out to numberless common children who will suffer should their claim be pressed?

Bottom line is it was very much necessary.

Yes, let's kill all the children! And now that we're at it, let's rape their mother as well! Yeah that seems like fun.

The Targaryen were already defeated, what's the point? Were they afraid of retaliations from the hands of a 10 year old?

Hey, welcome to the board. :cheers:

This is one of the most vehemently argued topics I have come across in my short time on this forum. I don't know if you have done a search on Dany as a ruler but there are pages and pages of discussion (some very heated) on this topic.

Thanks, and I will. :)

Bigger armies don't always work in war. She needs well trained and experienced strong soilders who can make a conquest simple. But if she comes over when Westeros is week, then she could end up messing it up more.

And what happens after she wins the throne and later dies of old age? Thats my original question.

Go on then name a plausible alternative.

Most of the suggestions that I could make right now would not be foolproof, but that doesn't mean that it was necessary to have them killed. Let's say that hypothetically that Elia and her children were sent to live in the Free Cities, in exile. I'm pretty sure that even if Aegon grew up and like Viserys, wanted to reclaim the IT for House Targaryen, it wouldn't work. Dorne would be their only ally and Dorne barely has enough men to fight.

Most of the suggestions that I could make right now would not be foolproof, but that doesn't mean that it was necessary to have them killed. Let's say that hypothetically that Elia and her children were sent to live in the Free Cities, in exile. I'm pretty sure that even if Aegon grew up and like Viserys, wanted to reclaim the IT for House Targaryen, it wouldn't work. Dorne would be their only ally and Dorne barely has enough men to fight.

Well do you know what is foolproof dead children. I'd like to see them claim the throne.( excludes Faegon).

Extremely dangerous to hold them hostage. Exile? Urm isnt that just dany? We all know how thats working out.

Dany is different, she is the Mother of Dragons and it was her destiny to have them. If it was any other Targaryen without the chance of getting a dragon, I'm fairly sure that they'd fail to reclaim the IT.

And what happens after she wins the throne and later dies of old age? Thats my original question.

The Targaryen line through Daenerys won't happen. Aegon might conquer the throne, and her conquest wouldn't of meant anything. Maybe another Queen or secret Targaryen will conquer the Throne.

Dany is different, she is the Mother of Dragons and it was her destiny to have them. If it was any other Targaryen without the chance of getting a dragon, I'm fairly sure that they'd fail to reclaim the IT.

Why give them such a chance? Do you know whats better than winning a war? Stopping one from taking place.

Archived