Who did Arya find in ADWD - maybe Tyrek Lannister

Inquisitor Glokta

That isn't much to go on. I can't help but like it though. My long held crackpot is that Arya will wear Tyrek's face to get somebody on her list. Varys is still probably the best suspect since he was notably absent during the riot.

Oh I really like the idea of Arya wearing his face, to gain access to the RK. I still have no clue how he got there, but I don't think this some random dead guy. Arya mentions that only 1 or 2 candles are burning at the altar of the Stranger, so it is highly uncommon for Westerosi to be there, especially one with a small fortune.

As to how he got there, idk. But Varys disappeared at the end of ASOS and was not seen again until the epilogue of ADWD. He must have been up to something.

I have a little crackpot theory that it is Loras.

Curly hair and handsome point to that fact. I think he wanted Stannis dead so badly that he decided to hire a faceless man to do the job - but the faceless men have exorbitant prices(and not in gold), they probably told him that only death can pay for life or some crap like that and he killed himself to pay for Stannis' death. Now Arya is being given the mission to kill Stannis - she knows the North, so that will help in the mission and she does not know Stannis so faceless men rules are not being violated. This will bring Arya back into the main story line and may even pave the way for her to meet Jon again.

Loras was on DragonStone and had hundreds of ships - he could easily take one for Braavos. Also the story we hear from DragonStone about Ser Loras' death seems to be almost too unbelievable - the story makes him sound almost inhuman, He probably made it up because he wanted to be remembered as a great knight.

Its Gerion Lannister, After sailing into the doom, and failing to achieve any of his goals living in the shadow of his totaly awesome brother and his crew deserting him he felt he had nothing left and he would rather die then face his brother Tywin. And go threw that shame. So he used what little money he had left to make it to Bravoss to take an easy painless death.

The FM are going to take his face and then go to Casterly Rock and take control of the House of Lannister. By rights he should be the heir. After Kevan died. With Tyrek missing and Jamie in the KG with Tyrion exiled and a known Kins / Kings Slayer.

The FM will take this wealth to pay back the Iron Bank the gold the Seven Kindomgs owes them , and or Support Stannis or Aegon to win the throne to get there gold back.

It is said the Iron Bank wil fund new would be holders of the crown, lords , what have you to regain payment for there debt. So why wouldent they simpley hire the FM, The two major orgizations of Bravoss some have some deep connections i would think

What do you think?

I have a little crackpot theory that it is Loras.

Curly hair and handsome point to that fact. I think he wanted Stannis dead so badly that he decided to hire a faceless man to do the job - but the faceless men have exorbitant prices(and not in gold), they probably told him that only death can pay for life or some crap like that and he killed himself to pay for Stannis' death. Now Arya is being given the mission to kill Stannis - she knows the North, so that will help in the mission and she does not know Stannis so faceless men rules are not being violated. This will bring Arya back into the main story line and may even pave the way for her to meet Jon again.

Loras was on DragonStone and had hundreds of ships - he could easily take one for Braavos. Also the story we hear from DragonStone about Ser Loras' death seems to be almost too unbelievable - the story makes him sound almost inhuman, He probably made it up because he wanted to be remembered as a great knight.

That's an interesting theory. I personally just think that they were mentioning this person as a way of introducing a new face for Arya to wear. I don't think it's Loras but just a Westerosi whom Arya could use to pass by unnoticed in Westeros when she returns, either on a mission or purely on her own for revenge.

Its Gerion Lannister, After sailing into the doom, and failing to achieve any of his goals living in the shadow of his totaly awesome brother and his crew deserting him he felt he had nothing left and he would rather die then face his brother Tywin. And go threw that shame. So he used what little money he had left to make it to Bravoss to take an easy painless death.

The FM are going to take his face and then go to Casterly Rock and take control of the House of Lannister. By rights he should be the heir. After Kevan died. With Tyrek missing and Jamie in the KG with Tyrion exiled and a known Kins / Kings Slayer.

The FM will take this wealth to pay back the Iron Bank the gold the Seven Kindomgs owes them , and or Support Stannis or Aegon to win the throne to get there gold back.

It is said the Iron Bank wil fund new would be holders of the crown, lords , what have you to regain payment for there debt. So why wouldent they simpley hire the FM, The two major orgizations of Bravoss some have some deep connections i would think

What do you think?

I don't think it can be Gerion, he is described as young. I am not sure when Gerion was born but in 276 he was one of Cersi's uncles who was unhorsed by Rheagar in the tournament (he had to be around 16+ to be in tournament). He then went off on his journey in 292 (16 years later). And close to a decade after he disappeared Tywin sent out people to look for him. So assuming he was at the youngest, 16, when he was in the tournament he would have been 32 when he sailed to look for Brightroar. And since it's been over a decade since he disappeared he is at least 42+ years of age. I don't think GRRM would have described him as young if it was Gerion. But that was a good thought.

What do you think?

Crackpot and awesome. But the fact that the Iron Bank is already funding the Night's Watch and Stannis seems to indicate to me that they wouldn't waste money on saving the Lannister family. The two aren't mutually exclusive, but a more likely scenario seems to be the support of Stannis to take that Lannister gold hoard and pay off the Bank's debts that way.

Your theory works if it is Tyrek too, I believe. Maybe the Iron Bank is just diversifying their risk by investing in both the plan I mentioned and yours?

I honestly dont think this detail is at all important. She was just looking at a couple of bodies. She described a whole bunch of the people who were in that building, some alive and many dead.

obv, but its just fun to run theory's by other fans, because what else are we going to do until 2015 when WOW comes out

2015 if were lucky.

Last I heard he is still shooting for 2014? I don't think it'll happen but I'll take false hope right now lol The only hope for next year is it sounds like the show has focused him some so he doesn't finish after HBO. At least that's the impression I get from his interviews and such. Has he come out and said def not next year and I missed it?

some dead guy.

Why not argue about the people hanging from the apple tree or the people in the cages...

The problem with her meeting any dead person in Braavos is why would any person of Westros go there and then die in a non Westros fashion?

Dude, it was just some guy...

This sorta seems right to me. There is war and chaos in Westeros. Plenty of reasons for young men to flee, suffer guilt, shame or whatever and seek relief in the House of Black and White. That said there could be a connection to another story line as GRRM ikes to close loops in surprising ways, but would somebody pluck Tyrek from a mob, ship him to Braavos and then let him roam around until he decides to off himself. It doesn't make a lot of sense. Why not just get him into a bowl of brown down in Flea Bottom (They could call it Golden Stew)...

You also have to remember that Braavos is a port city; coinage from all over the world is swapped there. It could just be some dude who won at dice that night. Loras is probably not dying on Dragonstone, I would assume. And I feel like Varys has Tyrek stashed someplace close at hand. With Kevan, Cersei, and everyone else out of the way Tyrek is his key to get a Westerman to back Aegon.

Last I heard he is still shooting for 2014? I don't think it'll happen but I'll take false hope right now lol The only hope for next year is it sounds like the show has focused him some so he doesn't finish after HBO. At least that's the impression I get from his interviews and such. Has he come out and said def not next year and I missed it?

No you didnt miss anything but i think its gonna be 2015, probably set the release date for december 2014 then it gets pushed back.

Trademark Martin lol.

Archived