Death of Littlefinger

RhaenysBee

So how do you people think Littlefinger will die, assuming (and hoping) that he will die?

Last night I couldn't sleep, so I got up and started roasting marshmallows over a Yankee Candle. And then it just hit me. I have always wondered what the bleeding hell was the point of Lady Stoneheart. But yesterday night I realized that I want her to kill Littlefinger. It's not a theory, just a wish. It's really a win-win situation in my head: LF dies, Stoneheart's existence will get some point, Sansa won't stain her lady hands. A win-win-win actually. And it'd be stylish. Only Cat. Whatever.

Well, how do you think/hope LF will die, or will he die at all?

Honestly, I'm not sure if he will die at all. He feels like the kind of person who, if his plans really did head that far south, would simply melt away like dew and reappear, happy and healthy, somewhere in Lys.

Mommy make the bad little man fly!

Though I am partial to the idea of a Sansa / Lord Robert team up. I hate the idea of just letting LF's vile little plan just go off without a hitch, and I hope that Sansa does too. If Sansa can make Lord Robert into -- if not a man, then at least a dignified boy, she might be able to derail LF.

I expect the Vale to come into the fold at some point in the story, maybe Blackfish and Bronze Yohn will root him out, or throw him down the moon door. More of a 'wish' than anything.

I don't see him making it to the end.

Yeah, that doesn't sound bad either. In fact, I'm okay with any version, just kill him, GRRM, please. I was never really fond of the Sansa kills him idea, because it'd ruin Sansa for me. But if that's the price, so be it, just somebody kill that f*cker, please.

So how do you people think Littlefinger will die, assuming (and hoping) that he will die?

Last night I couldn't sleep, so I got up and started roasting marshmallows over a Yankee Candle. And then it just hit me. I have always wondered what the bleeding hell was the point of Lady Stoneheart. But yesterday night I realized that I want her to kill Littlefinger. It's not a theory, just a wish. It's really a win-win situation in my head: LF dies, Stoneheart's existence will get some point, Sansa won't stain her lady hands. A win-win-win actually. And it'd be stylish. Only Cat. Whatever.

Well, how do you think/hope LF will die, or will he die at all?

I like that. very much. I always wondered if there was a point to LS besides killing freys and that would provide perfect closure to her storyarc, finishing off the one who was greatly involved in the Starks downfall.

eta: actually I don't care who kills him as long as it happens as soon as possible..

Littlefinger is too smart, I don't think he will die, I think he will try and place whoever he really thinks should have the thrown on the thrown eg whoever he can control.

It would be nice if Sansa messed up his plans by getting really close to Lord Robert Arryn. Only problem with that is Sansa is an idiot, she's getting smarter and wiser, but I don't know if it's quick enough.

With respect to Lady Stoneheart, it's her mission in life ... death ... whatever, to kill Frey's and Lannisters i would have thought. She's about to kill Jaime maybe and Brienne. I personally would like to see her killed again by Jaime or Brienne as they escape her clutches! I didn't like Catelyn very much. She was another one that made a good few mistakes.

With respect to Lady Stoneheart, it's her mission in life ... death ... whatever, to kill Frey's and Lannisters i would have thought. She's about to kill Jaime maybe and Brienne. I personally would like to see her killed again by Jaime or Brienne as they escape her clutches! I didn't like Catelyn very much. She was another one that made a good few mistakes.

Indeed she did, but the whole Lady Stoneheart seems like a good big fiasco at the moment. I sincerely hope GRRM didn't make up this Stoneheart thing only to get Brienne and Jaime into danger together, so they can save each other and fall in love, because that'd be another reason for me to sacrifice my copies of ASOIAF to the Red God.

LF will die by Sansa, it is known. He thinks he's so clever because he has a young Catelyn Tully completely under his control. He doesn't understand that Sansa is a Stark, and wolves have teeth and claws where fish do not. The evidence is there for Sansa to see, she saw goldcloaks aid in the killing of her father's household guards, she knows LF was the former master of coin, and she heard Lysa admit to poisoning Jon Arryn under LF's guidance. I have faith she will put the pieces together, and LF won't live too much longer afterward.

It would be nice if Sansa messed up his plans by getting really close to Lord Robert Arryn. Only problem with that is Sansa is an idiot, she's getting smarter and wiser, but I don't know if it's quick enough.

I agree.

Not really sure I want him to die though, would be more pleasing if he were to be confined to the Fingers. And I do hope nothing will happen to little Robert, annoying as he is, I can't help feeling sorry for him.

I don't want him to die until the student surpasses the teacher - ie, Sansa outwits him at the game of thrones. Though that might take a while.

Just a hunch, but it may even have something to do with the unKiss, well not the unKiss itself, but the fact that GRRM calls Sansa an "unreliable narrator". JUst a hunch and no evidence to support my claim though :-)

I think that Littlefinger or Varys needs to die. They seem to be the 2 most directly opposed and one will need to "win" and the other will need to "lose". I'm rooting for Varys.

Varys might just be my favourite major non-POV character (although Wyman Manderly is up there too, I wouldn't really consider him major... yet) so I sure hope he outlasts LF. And I love the interaction between them on the TV series, non-canon though it may be.

Archived