Death of Littlefinger

RhaenysBee

From another thread, but I think this will be Littlefinger's downfall:

I think it's clearly going to be Sansa. Even more so than Jaime killing Cersei, this is the one I'm most positive of. Here's specifically how I think it's going to go down: Sansa will soon marry Harry the Heir in private through Littlefinger. While that happens, the Bolton regime in the North collapses due to a combination of Stannis, the Manderlies, and the Watch/Wildings taking out Ramsay's men when he comes to collect his bride. Cersei will demand that the Vale and Riverlords go take back the North from the Northerners and Stannis. Littlefinger humbly agrees.

Littlefinger takes Sansa and the Vale's army with him, leaving Harry the Heir and Robert (if he's still alive) behind to watch after the Vale. Littlefinger picks up some of the Riverlands' lords and armies on the way (now being the Lord of the Riverlands) as well as intercepting some of the Frey hostages on the way to King's Landing. Eventually he arrives in the Twins to pick up additional Frey forces. Once settled, Littlefinger razes the Twins and kills all the Freys. Some of the Freys escape to the South, but are instantly murdered by Nymeria's murderous pack. The Brotherhood Without Banners meanwhile wipe out the Freys at Riverrun.

Littlefinger claims Sansa as the Queen in the North and releases the remaining Frey hostages who all swear their allegiance to her. Sansa is incredibly disturbed by the actions taken due to the fact that no one but the hostages were spared, including the women and children. Littlefinger tells Sansa that she doesn't have what it takes in the end since she has the soft heart of a woman. Sansa then figures out that Littlefinger told Joffrey to execute Ned and is responsible for the destruction of her family. Also at this point, the remaining Lannister allies begin plotting to betray them to Aegon, and the Lannisters are basically destroyed after that (with the exception of possibly Jaime and definitely Tyrion).

Sansa and Littlefinger now make their way up to Winterfell with their whole army, but find the castle almost entirely abandoned. Stannis' previous garrison is now in the North fighting the Others, who by this point have have almost broken through the Wall. Littlefinger finds out and Sansa overhears that Rickon and Bran are still alive, and that Jon Snow has been reborn and is leading all the troops in the North. He becomes much more physically abusive of Sansa at this point since this is the first time his plan has gone awry, even to the point of raping her. Sansa also figures that he is now plotting on killing her remaining family to secure Sansa's claim.

The day of reckoning finally comes, and the Others make their way to Winterfell. There is a brutal battle where all seems lost, but Tyrion riding Viserion and backed up by a portion of Dany's army come over the hill and turn the tide of battle. Tyrion demands their surrender and to unite their army with his, since it's the only way they can survive, or else he'll burn Winterfell to the ground. Sansa pleads with Littlefinger, but Littlefinger refuses and the battle continues, this time with Littlefinger's forces vs Tyrion's. Tyrion however doesn't go through with his word in burning down Winterfell since he respects the place too much and knows that the only person he needs to take down is Littlefinger himself.

Tyrion flies into the castle and sees Littlefinger running into the crypts. Tyrion runs after him. Down in the crypts, Littlefinger ambushes Tyrion nearly killing him. Littlefinger though begins to gloat and tell Tyrion how he outsmarted all his highborn cohorts the entire time, and how he tried to have Tyrion killed numerous times, knowing that he was his only real threat who could see Littlefinger for who he really was, Every time Tyrion would slip barely slip between his fingers, but each time it worked to his advantage. Tyrion surviving Catelyn ensured Harrenhal, surviving Ser Mandon (who he bribed to kill Tyrion) allowed him to take the blame for murdering Joffrey, escaping execution allowed him to kill Tywin and plummet the kingdom into chaos, and now he delivered a dragon to him personally to burn down the kingdom for good.

As he goes in for the kill, Sansa stabs him from behind through the heart with the Valyrian Steel dagger he framed Tyrion with. Littlefinger realizes his error too late and notices that he's at the foot of Ned Stark's tomb. Sansa then helps Tyrion to his feet and sees to his wounds with their Maester. They annul their marriage, unite their armies, and go to join Dany and Jon for the great final battle with the Others.

Littlefinger will be poisoned by Sansa. She knows (or will find out how he betrated her father) and once she realizes she isn't helpless and without allies except for Littlefinger, she will start to play the game. We have also been constantly reminded throughout the series that poison is a woman's weapon, a weapon that has already been used repeatedly (Lysa on Jon Arryn, Queen of Thornes on Joffrey, Arya on ship insurer). I'm hoping we get some sort of short epic monologue from Sansa as the stranger does its work on him finishing with the line "The North remembers".

I go with Sansa as well for symmetry, but he can just as easily live until the end of the series or be killed by one of the Lords Declarant after he is exposed (which might be by Sansa revealing all she has been told to one of them, thus being the indirect means of his death).

Poison is a good way for him to die, but if its through a slit throat it would be poetic, Arya using a "woman's weapon" and Sansa using a blade like her sister does

I think the point of Lady Stoneheart is that she will 'live' to see that at least one of her children still lives. And hopefully she will realizes who Jon Snow is, and that Ned was never disloyal to her. Along the way, her point is to hang as many Frey's as possible. If during the course of all that she can kill Littlefinger, for his betrayal of her husband - then I'll toast (some Yankee Candle s'mores) to that.

For extra closure, Sansa sends LF to the Riverlands and arranges to have him picked up by the Brotherhood and delivered to the love of his life, Lady Stoneheart. Don't ask me how this might come about, but it would be justice.

Just imagine LF pleading to 'Cat', telling her he always loved her, knowing there's no way he can worm his way out of this one but trying anyway.

Sansa is going to drive him out of the Vale somehow, forcing Littlefinger to fall back to his seat at Harrenhal. Just as he's settling in, a dragon comes by to fry him. Maybe Dany brings the heat, or maybe one of the other heads. But the Harrenhal curse demands his death; given that Littlefinger has an ego the size of the guy who first built the castle, I think it would be fitting for the backstabbing creeper to die in the same way.

LF will escape to Braavos after being outplayed by Sansa and play the game in Essos.

At least, that's my hope/opinion. I'm not a fan of all the villains dying, and I think LF has a decent chance for survival.

He attends the Frey/Lannister wedding at Riverrun. Politically risky to decline an invitation. RW II could be hazardous to his health. ("Catelyn Stark sends her regards", stab, stab.)

That's interesting. If they invite them (would they, though?), he has to go - there is no way the de jure Lord Paramount of the Riverlands isn't going to the wedding of his most powerful vassal and one of the most powerful families in Westeros.

I don't think he'll take Sansa with him. He'll probably leave her behind to kind of take care of his affairs in the Vale. She sort of did that, in a very limited capacity, when LF was in Gulltown.

I have always wondered what the bleeding hell was the point of Lady Stoneheart. But yesterday night I realized that I want her to kill Littlefinger. It's not a theory, just a wish. It's really a win-win situation in my head: LF dies, Stoneheart's existence will get some point, Sansa won't stain her lady hands. A win-win-win actually. And it'd be stylish. Only Cat. Whatever.

Lady Stoneheart doesn't strike me as a creature that can acquire or process new information. I feel like she's forever stuck at the moment of Cat's death; with Cat's death rage, but also Cat's knowledge set.

When Brienne showed up, Lady Stoneheart was completely not interested in hearing what had happened to her and Jaime, completely not interested in Brienne's quest. She's animated, but she's very much a dead woman--she doesn't change, and she doesn't learn.

Cat died without understanding that Littlefinger betrayed her. I don't think Lady Stoneheart could truly discover or react to information that would have shocked Cat.

Archived