Death of Littlefinger

RhaenysBee

I don't care how he dies, but more who kills him. For me it needs to be a Stark. LF has been behind the fall of the Starks from the beginning and one of them needs to end his life.

To be fair, they kinda ruined themselves. Littlefinger just gave 'em a nudge.

I think Littlefinger lasts the series and ends up as hand or at least master of coin. He might get the riverlands but I suspect the Tully's will be restored.

Littlefinger has done a great job at making his deceptions and murders relatively secret so as to not cultivate enemies. Its not public knowledge that he betrayed Ned (though it is deducible to someone like Stannis) and only Marillion and Sansa know that he murdered Lysa (though many suspect him) and if Robin dies than most will suspect its due to his congenital sickliness.

After her wedding to Harry the Heir, it will be revealed that Harry is a major douche and the other Hardyngs are a bunch of schemers. So, Sansa will use everything she learned from her "mentors" Cersei, Olenna / Margaery and Littlefinger in one swift stroke:

Using the poison from her hairnet (which she still has), she's going to poison all the Hardyngs Olenna-style, get rid of her abusive husband like Cersei, and then blame the whole thing on Littlefinger with an awesome "Help, this man has killed my lord husband!"

Then she gets Winterfell and the Vale, like Petyr promised.

He will be faithful to his promises to Sansa. LF likes only LF AND Cat and (f)Cat aka Sansa. He never wanted to rule westeros, only to have enough titles to be a good match for Cat/Sansa. If he dies it will be by someone completly unexpected as Dany/Aegon/SweetRobin but i doubt he will die. GRRM wont kill all the bad men before the end of the story and LF is a perfect candidate for this.

I think he's going to put Sansa in a situation where she's very severely distressed and it's going to activate her latent warging abilities, causing her to warg into him. Of course she wouldn't know what she was doing, being even more confused, and Littlefinger would go berserk, so that would provide many opportunities for him to meet his doom. Either way, Sansa is going to be the one to end Littlefinger, whether directly or indirectly.

Littlefinger will be poisoned by Sansa. She knows (or will find out how he betrated her father) and once she realizes she isn't helpless and without allies except for Littlefinger, she will start to play the game. We have also been constantly reminded throughout the series that poison is a woman's weapon, a weapon that has already been used repeatedly (Lysa on Jon Arryn, Queen of Thornes on Joffrey, Arya on ship insurer). I'm hoping we get some sort of short epic monologue from Sansa as the stranger does its work on him finishing with the line "The North remembers".

I'm sorry dude, but please change your avatar. It's driving me absolutely nuts, and I had it first.

The only resposable for Ned's slaying was Eddar Stark. He had already resgined as hand of the king but remained in KL and kept "ruling" for selfish reasons, he sent a good chunk of his own guards and possible loyal allies to execute (without any trial) "Ser Gregor". So he put his vendetta before his daughters safety, once Renly left with his men, even the goldcloacks would probably have been killed (and some or most would probably have chosen to remain loyal to the king anyways) so Littlefinger had no option to side with Cersei, who had the winning hand, or else LF would have been executed too... :bang:

How I think Martin will write it...

- One of those untrustworthy hedge knights (who fortunately knows how to read) gets a letter. It says something along the lines of 'if you want to earn a 1,000 gold dragons, find a drugged Robert Arryn and smuggle him to death. A horse with payment will be waiting for you at the stable. Tell NO ONE. Burn this letter after reading.'

- For the money he does the murder. In the stable, the horse not only has his payment in gold, but jewelry. Another letter says 'ride to Gullstown and book passage to Essos. Take a longer, out of the way route as there will be patrols. Burn!'

- Alayne stone then rides to one of the Lord Declarants. Maybe Anya Waynwood, maybe Yohn Royce. She in tears begs for safety, and claims she overheard her 'father' planning to murder Sweetrobin. She describes the knight who did the deed, and how he is on his way to Gullstown to flee.

- The hedge knight is captured in Gullstown, where he is found with way to much gold and jewelry known to belong to Lysa Arryn. Under torture and for a promise of a swift death, he admits his crime and claims Lord Baelish promised him gold in a letter.

- This, combined with his own bastard daughters testimony turns all the Lord of the Vale with any honor against him. Without any armies, he is either captured, and gets to try to talk his way out of his own daughter crying about his crimes, or he escapes with the Vale demanding his death should he ever re-emerge.

- Harold Hardyung becomes High Lord of the Vale, and shares a new administration with Yohn Royce and Lady Waynwood until he gets old enough to be Lord of the Vale in his own right.

- At some point, someone realizes that Littlefinger's fortune now goes to his only acknowledged relative, who is quite surprised to realize she just inherited a large sum of money. She collects the sum, quietly breaks off the engagement to Hardyung and books passage to White Harbor, which recently declared for Stannis and claims to have Rickon Stark alive and well.

- In an unrelated event, Sansa Stark shows up at the Merman court asking for refuge

Its a plan worthy of Littlefinger, in more than one way. Its dark, in that Sansa sacrifices her sickly cousin to destroy an enemy, keeps her own hands clean, and nobody will doubt her since Baelish had done so much for her which is now in doubt.

I think he will not die. Littlefinger always gets his way, so my logic is to ask "What does Littlefinger want most in the world?"

1) Sansa

2) Power

3) Wealth

4) Recognition

Over time, I think Sansa will fall for Littlefinger after Harrold disappoints her. Most of the men in the book are not the men she imagined in the fairy tales. I doubt Littlefinger would set her up with a male who would threaten his hold over her. Harrold is probably a sandy haired version of Robert Baratheon. He will father bastards galore and Sansa will be pissed. Enter Littlefinger, for whom no other woman seems to have meaning.

He will find some way to kill Harrold Hardyng after Sansa gets his lands (by a child, Littlefinger will cuckold him). Then Littlefinger marries Sansa. Thus, he will be married to the Queen of the North, or at least the woman who controls the Vale the Stark lands.

Archived