[BOOK SPOILERS] Regarding the Ironborn...

Rashtibram

I just thought of a way they might completely streamline the Iron Islands' arcs in upcoming seasons; does anyone think they might just cut Balon's death, the Kingsmoot, and Euron altogether, and just have Balon take Euron's place in the story? They could keep Victarion and his arc with Dany, and they've already streamlined Yara/Asha's story by sending her to combat the Dreadfort early. I imagine that sometime early season 5 they'll have Stannis take Yara prisoner and continue that arc from the books, and have Balon send Victarion to get Dany for him. Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I think this is a plausible way for them to alter the Iron Islands' stories, cutting extraneous characters but still keeping the general idea of the books. What do you think?

I think its fairly significant that Balon dies since Stannis throws the leeches into the flames and then sees his enemies die. Having just Robb and Joffrey die wouldn't have the same impact. Instead they'll cut 1/2 of the brothers (and hopefully a lot of the pointless ironborn characters which affc is full of)

Balon will die because of the leech scene. There would be no point in including the leech scene if only Robb and Joffrey were going to die.

I can see them having Euron be the only Greyjoy uncle though, completely cutting Victarion and Aeron out of the picture. That would save a lot of time, but I hope he at least get Aeron. Victarions role can be replaced pretty easily by Euron going to Daenerys instead.

Balon will die because of the leech scene. There would be no point in including the leech scene if only Robb and Joffrey were going to die.

I can see them having Euron be the only Greyjoy uncle though, completely cutting Victarion and Aeron out of the picture. That would save a lot of time, but I hope he at least get Aeron. Victarions role can be replaced pretty easily by Euron going to Daenerys instead.

But Euron needs to stay and rule the Iron Islands. He's just been elected king, he can't suddenly go off back to Meereen. There needs to be someone he sends.

But Euron needs to stay and rule the Iron Islands. He's just been elected king, he can't suddenly go off back to Meereen. There needs to be someone he sends.

In the books, yeah, but the show can easily write around this: after all, kings going off to war aren't that uncommon.

How can you possibly know this without having already read the last two books in the series?

Not too bothered about Damphair but if they cut Victarion I'll go apeshit.

They definitely won't replace Euron with Balon. The Crow's Eye is too interesting a character to cut. I don't see him turning up until season 5, though.

Not too bothered about Damphair but if they cut Victarion I'll go apeshit.

They definitely won't replace Euron with Balon. The Crow's Eye is too interesting a character to cut. I don't see him turning up until season 5, though.

I think you should prepare to go apeshit. Vic is one of my favorite parts of ADwD but the official HBO GoT guide has the Greyjoy family tree as just Balon and Euron in the older generation. (this according to Ugashep).

So Yara - hero, Euron - villain, Theon - whatever he is. That's it.

Balon will definitely die because of the leech scene.

I have no idea why so many people want them to cut the Kingsmoot because that is a scene that will play out great on the screen and pretty much establishes Euron as a major player. Combining Victarion and Euron is a terrible idea and I don't see why they would, since they're two completely different and major characters in the story. I mean, I know we don't wanna blast the audience with too many characters and info but come on, surely two Greyjoy uncles isn't asking too much?

I won't mind too much if Damphair gets cut or replaced by a random iron born priest though.

Balon will definitely die because of the leech scene.

I have no idea why so many people want them to cut the Kingsmoot because that is a scene that will play out great on the screen and pretty much establishes Euron as a major player. Combining Victarion and Euron is a terrible idea and I don't see why they would, since they're two completely different and major characters in the story. I mean, I know we don't wanna blast the audience with too many characters and info but come on, surely two Greyjoy uncles isn't asking too much?

I won't mind too much if Damphair gets cut or replaced by a random iron born priest though.

I agree with you on Victarion, I just think they're going to combine them anyway.

How can you possibly know this without having already read the last two books in the series?

Well, my good man, I do NOT know for a fact anything I said is correct, because NO ONE has read the last two books in the series, given the fact that they are not published yet. This thread is regarding how the Ironborn will be stream lined or cut out. It's harmless speculation. So, might I advise you calm down?

Looks like Euron won't be cast for next season. I'm repeating myself here, but in Season 4 I think we see Balon's death by FM, then shortly afterward we get a Small Council meeting with Varys breaking the news that Euron Greyjoy has taken the Seastone Chair.

Then early in Season 5, Euron gives a version of his Kingsmoot speech about "giving them Westeros" and off they sail to get the Dragons. Yara stays in the North or at the Wall.

I think you should prepare to go apeshit. Vic is one of my favorite parts of ADwD but the official HBO GoT guide has the Greyjoy family tree as just Balon and Euron in the older generation. (this according to Ugashep).

So Yara - hero, Euron - villain, Theon - whatever he is. That's it.

Victarion has already been mentioned in the show. Also at one point Blackfish was left out of HBO's Tully family tree.

Victarion has already been mentioned in the show. Also at one point Blackfish was left out of HBO's Tully family tree.

Victarion was mentioned by name, or are you just referring to Tyrion to Theon dialogue in S1 about the latter's uncles plural?

And this was the actual published book guide, not the online guide which does change frequently. Don't get me wrong; I'd love it if they cast Vic.

Archived